Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

anything to get swtor running smoother??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
anything to get swtor running smoother??

trevahsan
12.25.2011 , 10:41 PM | #1
seriously i'm a desperate man and i'm on my laptop right now and swtor lags so badly it's basically frozen at all times and when i move it shows frame by frame of my guy being in one spot and poof in another then poof i fell off coruscant

i'm running an hp pavillion g4 notebook

AMD Athlon (tm) II P360 Dual-Core processor 2.30 GHz

2.74 usable gb of ram

64-bit operating system

yeah it's probably low or bare minimal to play swtor but seriously, desperate. i don't care if there's a way to completely shut off every process on my computer except for swtor and focus all this computers freaking power to run swtor i'll do it (i mean not permanently mind you) but seriously this is ridiculouso

thanks in advance

kronicmasturbait
12.25.2011 , 10:53 PM | #2
Yeah mate, I have been having the same problem. However, here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 940 Processor ~3.0GHz
4096gb Ram
EVGA GTX 275 Superclocked 2.6GB

These are well over the requirements, but SWTOR lags. I need this to be solved, like now.
Make Money. F**k B****es.

SeLexeL
12.25.2011 , 11:00 PM | #3
Hmm laptops with your mentioned specs, chances are you will struggle.
My immediate solution would be to reduce all game settings to low. Following on from that, check to make sure you have no errant background services or apps running; I'm assuming your RAM is shared, which will leave even less to utilise.
If you haven't done so try out the following software...CCleaner.
Good for cleaning out temp files; useless registry entries, and tweaking with startup apps...those are generally the icons you see lined up next to your taskbar clock.
Only tweak with them if you know what you're doing !! It's simply ticking or unticking which apps or services you want loading up on boot.
I, for example, have only three apps ticked on startup, and one of those is an anti-virus prog.
This might not help much, but it's a start. Be thankful this game wasn't build on the Frostbite, or CryEngine frames

Another thing to consider is your internet connection. A poor connection can also affect the performance of your game. Have you ruled this out ??
...Responsibility is the key !!

trevahsan
12.25.2011 , 11:58 PM | #4
i'll just wait it off until i can use my computer then. does the population size of the server affect the speed of my gameplay at all?

SeLexeL
12.26.2011 , 12:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by trevahsan View Post
i'll just wait it off until i can use my computer then. does the population size of the server affect the speed of my gameplay at all?
Depends on the quality of your connection, as well as the quality of the servers themselves. At the same time, if you happen to be on a busy server, and have a lot of other players and NPCs on screen, then the performance thereafter could depend on your hardware.

Best to try eliminate the possibilities. Easiest is making sure your connection is decent.
I use the following websites to check my connection speeds and quality...Speedtest.net, and Pingtest.net.
They're not super accurate, but give good indicators
...Responsibility is the key !!