Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game needs "Loop Music" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game needs "Loop Music" option

dalehitchy
01.09.2012 , 02:28 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Dumpiduke View Post
I'm stamping my approval on this thread. I've been able to slightly remedy the issue using my own toons via Windows Media Player, but it's just not the same. As a previous poster mentioned, subtle piano music can go a long ways to enhance the sense of immersion. This was the one and only thing that I thought Age of Conan did incredibly well. That game had some epic music.

Also, I know WoW's a dirty word on this board, but I wanted to express that I never got tired of hearing that dramatic Stormwind theme each and every time I entered the City. Where is that epic feeling in this game? I was expecting something like this when I entered Kaas City in Dromund Kaas for the first time, but instead I got NOTHING. Talk about disappointing…
could not have said it better myself.... I only played WoW for a year before i got tired of the setting.... but the music was great... never got tired of hearing stormwind and ironforge theme... and even some not city theme music such as westfall was nice to hear...

was baffles me most is that the Star Wars ip is known for the great music they have.. and with biowares back log from Kotor and Kotor 2... they didnt really need to make that much... so why isnt it in...

Bad sound engineer is bad

Starenix
01.09.2012 , 04:00 PM | #42
I would have no qualms with sticking some of the themes from KOTOR 1 and 2 in there, and even from the movies. I'm sure John Williams wouldn't care if we threw in some of that background music that was ALWAYS playing during the movies. The soundtracks were HOURS long!

Danik_Kreldin
01.09.2012 , 04:03 PM | #43
This is definitely my biggest gripe with the game. 90% of my time questing or PvPing is done in near silence, with only some ambiance and combat sounds playing. I hardly ever hear music. It's very sad

YouelComet
01.09.2012 , 04:04 PM | #44
Completely agree with the OP on this one. I've had to turn on the SWTOR soundtrack and Mass Effect soundtracks on iTunes just to hear music while I play the game! It's so disappointing because Mass Effect had EPIC music. And I agree about WoW music... when you walk into Orgrimmar you think "Yeah! go Orgrimmar!" because of it's music. I want that for TOR.

LOOP option please Bioware! I'd love to listen to more of your TOR music while I play!

Jairec
01.09.2012 , 04:05 PM | #45
Music is a huge part of Star Wars. It's one of the only things I actually like about the movies. Bump for loop music. It's a must.

HoneyBoy
01.09.2012 , 04:06 PM | #46
I was sitting at the character selection screen, and I heard Rebuilt Jedi Enclave from KOTOR 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDg9LdGA-A

I've heard several other KOTOR 2 tracks as well on the character select screen.

If bioware is able to use these how come they can't implement them into the game for more variety? :|

Also a loop music option would be wonderful.

reaperkeepet
01.09.2012 , 04:20 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post
Yeah really--Bioware did make some *just-odd* choices, including what *feels* like almost no music. Just hearing a pretty little piano theme on Hoth made me happy.

You've got six movies of music, and the 2 KOTOR games. Appreciate callbacks to KOTOR music and the "sad" theme from Episode 3, but sound design is "???" elsewhere.

I mean this is beautiful, epic music for a video game, probably part of the reason KOTOR and games like "Ocarina of Time" resonate so much in players' memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDg9LdGA-A

TOR's music is so sporadic and underplayed, it's baffling.
"The game is shipping with 5 hours of the original music - which in it'self is huge." Yeah right.... -_-
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

EllipticSmile
01.09.2012 , 04:22 PM | #48
Agreed. Great music but I never hear it.

Also, is it just me or is the default music level incredibly low? I have all other sound levels at 40% while music is at 100% and there are still times where I wish it was louder.
We are each unique; and therefore valuable. Though the sage wears course clothes; his heart is jade. - Tao Te Ching

reaperkeepet
01.09.2012 , 04:43 PM | #49
Just replying so we can get a word from devs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Starenix
01.09.2012 , 10:41 PM | #50
bump for some replies