Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game needs "Loop Music" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game needs "Loop Music" option

AokijiKuzan
01.09.2012 , 01:51 PM | #31
Portable jukebox would be amazing. Grooving with some Womp Rat Stomp as I speed through Alderaan on an Aratech. Ah, the life...
Ahiru - Radion -Kuzan - Trafalgar -
Khorlo - Sogeki'ngu - Kalgra - Hastaei -

thestackshow
01.09.2012 , 01:56 PM | #32
2012 and this game wasnt released with many "standard MMO" features.

Laughable.

95% of my playing time has had zero music.

No clue why BW thought not having a "loop music" option at launch was a good idea.

It really reinforces the fact that this game was indeed rushed.

The super fast content patches, the constant patches to add new features etc.

EwokLuvr
01.09.2012 , 02:02 PM | #33
It feels like they just wanted to do "movie music," identifying climax moments in quests or flashpoints and having some star wars-y music come in. Hit your 20-minute "save me" ability and you'll probably see what I mean.

I sort of long for some enjoyable music that I could loop on every now and again but this can't be very high on anyone's list. I mean look at the lists...
This needed confirmation: I can assure you that the in-game support feature is not fake.
Ticket #1648696 12/26, finally answered on 1/13. There is hope!
"The guild Roster is less useful than a screenshot of a guild Roster."

Nizzemancer
01.09.2012 , 02:09 PM | #34
in-menu jukebox plox, when I finally get to listen to some music it's always that boring one I hated with a passion in kotor2!

this thread needs more of this btw.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

urborror
01.09.2012 , 02:10 PM | #35
<No clue why BW thought not having a "loop music" option at launch was a good idea.

It really reinforces the fact that this game was indeed rushed.>

Decisions like this aren't a result of "rushing," it's usually a high-status person in the company who everyone defers to, even when they're incredibly wrong ("let's only use dramatic music to punctuate stressful, climactic encounters!") They become enchanted with their own bad theorizing, and no one challenges them.

The high status person sticks to their guns out of ego, people defer to them out of ego. You need to work in corporate America for a few years, kids, you'll see why Communist Russia was the way it was.

I think this game is great, BTW, but every organization has status and ego issues like this leading to poor decision-making.

dalehitchy
01.09.2012 , 02:13 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by thestackshow View Post
2012 and this game wasnt released with many "standard MMO" features.

Laughable.

95% of my playing time has had zero music.

No clue why BW thought not having a "loop music" option at launch was a good idea.

It really reinforces the fact that this game was indeed rushed.

The super fast content patches, the constant patches to add new features etc.
i.... unfortunately ... agree...
what baffles me more was the amount of time and money spent on the game...with bioware constantly saying... itll be out when its ready.

really... was it ready... 5 years in development... and i cant even hear the music... the little stuff you have... is actually quite nice.. shame that most of the time all i can hear is footsteps..

if GW2 has the music like they do in the trailer .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_Vq...eature=related in their cities.. i think i would cry with happiness..

music really is an important part of the game.. it sets the mood... currently there is no mood in swtor...

actually i suppose the music fits the game... the game is barren most of the time... the no music symbolizes this

snakeIL
01.09.2012 , 02:14 PM | #37
I agree with you!

Dumpiduke
01.09.2012 , 02:15 PM | #38
I'm stamping my approval on this thread. I've been able to slightly remedy the issue using my own toons via Windows Media Player, but it's just not the same. As a previous poster mentioned, subtle piano music can go a long ways to enhance the sense of immersion. This was the one and only thing that I thought Age of Conan did incredibly well. That game had some epic music.

Also, I know WoW's a dirty word on this board, but I wanted to express that I never got tired of hearing that dramatic Stormwind theme each and every time I entered the City. Where is that epic feeling in this game? I was expecting something like this when I entered Kaas City in Dromund Kaas for the first time, but instead I got NOTHING. Talk about disappointing…

Kalthorine
01.09.2012 , 02:18 PM | #39
Support the "loop music" function 100%!

Part of me can kinda-almost-nearly see the thinking behind "If we restrict the music to key points in quests/plots it has more of an impact."

However, the rest of me (which makes up 99.9% of available me-ness) just responds by saying "Well, keep specific stirring pieces of music for those occasions then - just give me the option to put the REST of the wonderful music available on loop, PLEASE!"

Chromiie
01.09.2012 , 02:24 PM | #40
A loop music option would be great. One thing I have noticed since playing ToR in between the music playing. There are like NO ambient sounds or environmental sounds at all. Where is the noise from the lighting in Dromund Kaas's sky, what about Hoth and it's freezing winds or Alderaan with it's many rivers and waterfalls?
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader