Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game needs "Loop Music" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game needs "Loop Music" option

Zannis
01.09.2012 , 12:38 PM | #21
I agree. The lack of music is quite a letdown. The little that I do hear is great.

reaperkeepet
01.09.2012 , 12:41 PM | #22
Exact same problem here. I feel completely lied to after all the years of waiting for this game and was PROMISED wonderful music. Watching the Star Wars films over the years the music is one of the biggest aspects of the Star Wars universe. I was completely dissopointed that about 95% of the time I have no music. None. Not while questing, not while exploring, the only time I have EVER heard music was when fighting a rare boss or completing a CLASS quest. Stupid because now I am finding out that all the music we heard in all the gameplay demos over the years was EDITED in. PLEASE, OH PLEASE give us music.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Dianoia
01.09.2012 , 12:44 PM | #23
I ~LOVE~ the music in this game. What baffles my mind, is why there is so little of it.

Here is what I'd like to see:

*Every zone has it's own background soundtrack. Something that fits the environment, but is classic Star Wars.

*Give different quest areas a different background theme. For example, I go into spooky warehouse, play spooky warehouse theme; walk into an area in the middle of a war, play middle of a war theme.

*When I fight Gold+ mobs, play a battle theme. Mobs that would require a group should have an even better, adrenaline-pumping battle theme.

If you want an example, look at FFXI. For everything that game did wrong, it got the music absolutely right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkeCBwIEs1U

reaperkeepet
01.09.2012 , 12:55 PM | #24
C'mon people BW needs to ear this! /rated
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Folgrin
01.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #25
Yep been asking for this since beta. The disconnection in music takes all the emotion out of the game. We need a check box option or something to loop it. Its ruining my immersion!!! lol
◄ΞΞ[\████████▓▓▒░░ Victory for the Empire ░░▒▓████████)
Adas 65 Harbinger

Finch
01.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #26
Agreed

reaperkeepet
01.09.2012 , 01:19 PM | #27
We need music!

AdamLKvist
01.09.2012 , 01:37 PM | #28
I approve

OmySpy
01.09.2012 , 01:39 PM | #29
More music please! It's so good!

urborror
01.09.2012 , 01:44 PM | #30
Yeah really--Bioware did make some *just-odd* choices, including what *feels* like almost no music. Just hearing a pretty little piano theme on Hoth made me happy.

You've got six movies of music, and the 2 KOTOR games. Appreciate callbacks to KOTOR music and the "sad" theme from Episode 3, but sound design is "???" elsewhere.

I mean this is beautiful, epic music for a video game, probably part of the reason KOTOR and games like "Ocarina of Time" resonate so much in players' memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDg9LdGA-A

TOR's music is so sporadic and underplayed, it's baffling.