Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game needs "Loop Music" option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game needs "Loop Music" option

RealDalamars
01.09.2012 , 11:48 AM | #11
+1 for this idea!

Vexas
01.09.2012 , 11:51 AM | #12
There is a looping soundtrack. It's called Footstep Sonata.

Here I'll play it for you:

CLOPclopCLOPclopCLOPclopCLOPclopCLOPclop.

To be serious though, music is a very strong point in certain other games, and the music in this game is one of the dissapointing factors, not gonna lie. They certainly have the opportunity to use it far more frequently and I wish they would.
. NOOOOOOOoOoOooooo...!!

engindeniz
01.09.2012 , 11:54 AM | #13
full support for this thread. lack of background music is disturbing really

Starenix
01.09.2012 , 11:58 AM | #14
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I HATE running around some BEAUTIFUL planet like Voss or Alderaan in DEAD silence except for some distant ambiance.

Especially when the speeder sound cuts out, I'm just floating around not making any noise!

This should also apply to loading screens, especially when loading the game for the first time. I love the epic intro music, but then it cuts out for some reason, and I have to listen to dead silence for 30+ seconds (yeah, I know, my hard drive must be crap or something).

Starenix
01.09.2012 , 12:17 PM | #15
Need some views and replies

Kejadyr
01.09.2012 , 12:21 PM | #16
Viewed, agreed, and rated.

Bhorzo
01.09.2012 , 12:27 PM | #17
I agree.

The music that I DO hear, is freakin awesome. But 20 minutes can go by (or so it seems) with no music at all. The ambient sounds are pretty minimal, and so it can get a bit dry and lonely while out questing in the world. I'd personally have the music on auto-loop all the time as well, if possible.

I normally don't start playing my own music in video games unless its an MMORPG that I've played for years. But it's only been a few weeks in SWTOR and I already feel the need to play my own music just to spice things up.... and that's a bit sad since I'd rather listen to the SWTOR music if possible.

pointfiter
01.09.2012 , 12:34 PM | #18
Agree +1

Aisar
01.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #19
I have to play music in the background almost 24/7 because of this. I know it's one little thing but when so many little things like this pile on one another it really breaks the immersion.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

Erosith
01.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #20
yes i agree parts with no music tend to be less interesting

and to have the same music play over and over again gets boring

i am hoping to hear new music put in the game one day and to have the loop play or even a music player to listen to your favorite in game songs while questing