Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More cathar customizations please!

Tenacity
11.07.2015 , 05:17 PM | #1
since the addition of Cathar as a playable species, we've been stuck with a lousy selection of hairstyles, almost every one rehashed from zabrak hairstyles sans the horns (meaning a lot of bald spots). There are only two half-decent hairstyles for males (Super-mane and short faux-hawk, bald makes it 3), and only three for females (short cut, raggedy medium length, and long straight).

We do not have access to any of the hairstyles used by cathar npcs. We also lack the same eye styles and fur patterns.

Fur and hair color options are also very bland, very faded, and sometimes nonsensical - why can I have pure white fur (minus the need to have a facial pattern, cant we get a 'no pattern' option?) but I have no option for white hair? Why can I have orange fur, but no option for orange hair?

I love this species, bioware, and all of my characters are cathar, but honestly, you've got to expand our options here. There's no reason at this point why we should not have access to several additional hairstyles, fur colors, or patterns (and please give us a NO PATTERN option!).
--- Lynx - Powertech Mercenary - Rashkah
Telbasta - Sniper - Operative - Maihos
Leonin - Gunslinger - Scoundrel - Arshia ---
-- Pakhet - Sorceror - Juggernaut - Sorthak

Tenacity
11.09.2015 , 07:53 AM | #2
No support at all?

prayus
11.09.2015 , 11:37 AM | #3
would have SECONDED this earlier but have not been on the forum for a couple days. I wholeheartedly agree this needs changing.
"Insert corny quote here."

MasterSpatula
11.09.2015 , 12:54 PM | #4
A bit more variety in the colorings would be nice. For my female Cathar Sorc, I used the cornrows. It looks kind of terrible, but in a way that actually kind of fits her character. However, a few more choices would be welcome.

xeriphim
11.10.2015 , 01:53 PM | #5
Not the first thread to ask for more Cathar options won't be the last. Wish the Cathar has more options.

Tenacity
11.11.2015 , 06:24 PM | #6
I've used a bit of GIMP magic to put together a collage of what the other hairstyles would look like on cathar characters. I especially like #8 (bottom right), would fit my cathar bounty hunter perfectly.

http://i.imgur.com/50cxD9Y.jpg

Alsyienne
11.11.2015 , 08:49 PM | #7
Pretty nice editing job there.

I am in support of more cathar stuff!

Kilikaa
11.11.2015 , 09:22 PM | #8
I wouldn't stop at Cathar. I would go as far as to improve the customization/creation entirely for ALL species. The sys we have had since launch is sub-par. It is a stupidly limited system. Cathar hair styles only show just how much the dev team actually cares about improving this system.

Lack of Twi'lek skin colors (where are the shades of purple?)
Lekku markings tied to cosmetic options, with a lack of .
Zabrak headbone formations tied in with hairstyles? One does not determine the other. These must be separated!
Zabrak facial tattoo designs are awful and need improvememnt.

I could go on about the lack of options for every species, but I think you get the point. Bioware needs to start improving this sytem and a good start would be with Cathar hair. But do not expect anything to come of this. BW will just ignore it like they have done for the last four years.

Tenacity
11.14.2015 , 09:06 AM | #9
I think the main issue is that they want to add things that they can profit from, and going back to add non-store based customization options is just a drain on money instead of a source of income =/

BlueShiftRecall
11.16.2015 , 04:34 PM | #10
Wanted to post here to add that yes I really really would like more cathar customizations especially hair, I like the species but the lack of hair styles choices really makes it hard to create a unique Cathar look if I have to keep using the only 2 hairstyles of them I like.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks