Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Dec 13rd? Well it's simple...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why Dec 13rd? Well it's simple...

IAmYourGod
12.13.2011 , 03:41 PM | #1
They had so many pre-orders, that the people who pre-ordered in Nov-Dec wouldn't get early access at all (Bioware being lazy and only doing 5 "waves" a day. well at least now they can continue as planned, and everyone will get "early access")

So, they had to move the date from 15th to 13rd... Yay? We'll get to enjoy our glorious one day of "early access" While others get to play a week before, THANKS!!!

And now they talk about how they want to keep the servers stable and bla bla bla... Now, i didn't play Cataclysm from day one, but i did it with Wrath of the lich king. Blizzard had ZERO problems handling all the wow nerds logging in.

I know the people who got in the 1st day will say, "dis be best launch ever, mon." But... I'll take one day of server crashing anyday over this crap. At least we'd all suffer from the crashes, now only the people who pre-ordered late are suffering.

What if you had to wait for 1 week while others are already in level 40s?

Thanks again, i think i'll wait for diablo 3/mop.

Dizkazk
12.13.2011 , 03:43 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmYourGod View Post
They had so many pre-orders, that the people who pre-ordered in Nov-Dec wouldn't get early access at all (Bioware being lazy and only doing 5 "waves" a day. well at least now they can continue as planned, and everyone will get "early access")

So, they had to move the date from 15th to 13rd... Yay? We'll get to enjoy our glorious one day of "early access" While others get to play a week before, THANKS!!!

And now they talk about how they want to keep the servers stable and bla bla bla... Now, i didn't play Cataclysm from day one, but i did it with Wrath of the lich king. Blizzard had ZERO problems handling all the wow nerds logging in.

I know the people who got in the 1st day will say, "dis be best launch ever, mon." But... I'll take one day of server crashing anyday over this crap. At least we'd all suffer from the crashes, now only the people who pre-ordered late are suffering.

Thanks again, i think i'll wait for diablo 3/mop.
The servers in one week will inevitably have to handle the full load so what is the problem again? Staggering it now has no impact at all on the 20th when 1.5 million people are on. Regardless of the staggering the servers will work with the full load or they won't. This staggering has little impact on that except to make people progress out of the initial zones.

Still it's all about if the servers can handle the load or not.

KittyPrawn
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #3

You're making a lot of assumptions based on the range of dates let in today. There were a lot more pre-orders during the first few weeks than there were the rest of the time. The next few days of pre-orders will go quicker.

The launch of WotLK and Cata were nothing compared to the Vanilla launch. 4 hour queues. Unstable servers. Random "fall through the earth" deaths. HUGE pockets of lag. They're not comparable.

You had as much time to pre-order as everyone else. It isn't Bioware's fault that you waited. If they want to hurry to level 40 ahead of me, they're welcome to. It's a new game with new things to check out, and I would take my time. Even if we all started on December 20th, they would probably level ahead of me. If we were suffering crashes, you would be in the same boat of not being able to play, and you would come to the forums to cry about how Bioware doesn't know what they're doing and they should just be able to model their servers after other MMOs.