Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Females never given flirt options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Females never given flirt options?

DarthPookie
04.13.2012 , 07:49 AM | #371
Flirting with Quinn doesn't count, he's the bone Bioware threw players who prefer the company of males. This thread is to discuss a lack of NPC flirt options who are *not* designated romance companions.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining so much...at least female gamers who prefer males have SOME options. Sucks to be you if you prefer a same sex relationship.

Game designing still appears to be a male dominated field. Clearly, the males who wrote the interactions between female player characters and male NPCs played the scene out in their heads as their sisters or mothers, because we certainly do have some sort of asexual/nun thing going most of the time.

MGriffith
04.13.2012 , 10:55 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPookie View Post
Game designing still appears to be a male dominated field. Clearly, the males who wrote the interactions between female player characters and male NPCs played the scene out in their heads as their sisters or mothers, because we certainly do have some sort of asexual/nun thing going most of the time.
But ... nuns with guns! (or dayglo nerfbats if that is your preference)

Also .. that nun thing explains the consular outfits.

Rikalonius
04.13.2012 , 10:57 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixDream View Post
My female guildies and I have discovered that playing a female Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, and Trooper toons have basically ZERO flirt options throught the entire game play.

(The only exception is when we meet our courting companion and we flirt about three times and then it is over for the durration of the game.)

Originally we suspected it was simply because of the class we were playing until we learned that our male guildies--who play characters of the same class--have several flirt options all throughout the game. It is not specific to class, it is specific to female characters alone.

We feel this is quite sexist and are very dissapointed that the males of the same class toon have more flirt options.

We ask that you re-think future writings on how the genders are played, and please do not make the females so entirely boring and frigid. Let us have a little more personality.

Thank you.
My female Sith pureblood Warrior has flirted many times. I've reached the point of kissing Quinn, but now that Pierce is onboard I've been getting flirt dialog with him.

My Female Twi'Lek Sith Inquisitor had a hit it and quit it moment with another Sith on Alderaan that had numerous flirt dialog options prior to the woohoo. Then after, I told him to get lost.

StormNaara
04.13.2012 , 01:35 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Ormag View Post
Now I am married to him. I think. How can I tell really, when he doesn't talk to me anymore?
Yup, that sure sounds like marriage to me.

MWidowmaker
04.15.2012 , 08:16 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Gambit View Post
my male agent operative has flirt in about 50% of all convos it seems while my female sniper has almost never had any flirt option, so my new alt smuggler will be male, cant have a smuggler who almost doesnt flirt hehe
my female sniper had relations with like 2-3 guys through Nar Shaddaa.... including some fat guy in exchange for information.... Kaliyo was impressed
what a little **** she was...

Selvec
04.15.2012 , 08:30 AM | #376
Apparently Bioware decided that females didn't need to flirt because they are given abnormally large breasts no matter their model choice <_<

eartharioch
04.16.2012 , 07:59 PM | #377
The female's breasts aren't too large, their uniforms are probably just padded, and they have to do it to keep up with the ridiculous number of socks the male toons stuff down their pants.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

DarthPookie
04.16.2012 , 08:06 PM | #378
See, now I was thinking the male packages were actually lacking...guess I'm spoiled.

eartharioch
04.16.2012 , 08:32 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPookie View Post
See, now I was thinking the male packages were actually lacking...guess I'm spoiled.
To be honest, I *may* have spent more time surveying the female population, so I may be basing this off of just the male samples that...stood out.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Mirandel
04.25.2012 , 09:55 AM | #380
Actually, if BW had an idea not to make females look bad with too many flirting options - how about make all those hundreds men we meet to flirt with females instead? With an option to turn them down and put on their place? If we we are talking about real world would not it be the way?

A gorgeous woman comes to some military outpost where they have not seen a woman in months and yet no one even look at her. Or in huge metropolis with a very low moral everyone behaves like they came straight from a monastery. It's simply not natural.

I don't even know if we should call it sexism - writers made everything possible to make women fell like men here. No sexual hurrasment at all, if you want to flirt - you have to act like a bully man (looks sooo unnatural on most of the companions), etc. The only thing they forgot is the equal amount of of this aggressive flirting options. I am sure it's coming.