Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Females never given flirt options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Females never given flirt options?

Erevan_Kindelar
01.04.2012 , 07:41 AM | #121
My female smuggler and IA spend so much time flirting, it is a wonder when they find time to get dressed again afterwards before the flirting starts again!
In comparision, the male smuggler and IA get relatively few flirt options that I have seen.

Comparing that to my Jedi Sage, who has flirted 3 or 4 times up to level 16, she seems to get fewer flirt options than the male Sith Inquisitor I play.

I do seem to recall that some of the flirt options were buried in a chat dialog tree, so you might have to select a specific pre-requisite answer for the flirt options to come up.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Spideyknight
01.04.2012 , 08:56 AM | #122
Ok, I'm not going to argue one way or another but let's dispense with the anecdotes and work with the facts.

I have a 50 sith warrior he has two romancable companions and throughout the entire story he slept with two (non-companion) women. One of which was in a companion quest. The other was lachris which everyone gets to sleep with. So that's four total. All the way to fifty.

I have played assassin all the way to 42 and he got to sleep with three woman and one of those women he did twice.

I have a 50 jk sentinel and he has also done four women total. One was the nar shadaa bonus series which every male gets. All the way to fifty.

So four is the max, counting companions from what I have seen.

Now I don't know this for certain but I believe female Jedi consular is one of the few to get two romance options from your companions. Note that you are far better off than your male counterpart here who won't even get his romance companion till Belsavis. He will have slept with one person by this time. The nar shadaa bonus series lady.

Simply put? It depends on class, but you aren't missing much. If you are looking to sow seeds throughout the galaxy you might have the wrong game. Unless smuggler/ia and troop/bh just have a ton of options. You aren't a victim here, there is no crime. Simply perceived injustice. There is no injustice here though your knowledge was just woefully incomplete.

salaryman
01.04.2012 , 10:37 AM | #123
We can speculate all we'd like but I would think a definitive answer would only come from Bioware. If in fact the males characters have more flirtation options than female characters then I would hope that Bioware would acknowledge this mistake and be aware of that issue in the future (especially with the growing diversity of players).

That said, I think Bioware has been extremely pro-feminist and pro-gay/lesbian/bi relative to other game makers. I believe the female/female relationship in KOTOR (or was it KOTOR2?) was actually the first serious same-sex relationship in a game that was done in a serious and mature manner.

Personally, if Bioware slipped a bit with SWTOR in this area I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that it was an oversight and not developers simply being chauvinistic.

Aethyrprime
01.04.2012 , 10:54 AM | #124
I play both male and female Darkside characters and there is a huge discrepancy at present. Personally I am awaiting the same sex options so my female character can finally find love or a pixel romance, whatever.

The options I've had to flirt on a female Sith Inquistor so far have included one companion, 3 random world npcs, 1 of which was old and fat, the rest rather boring characters that were forgettable. I couldn't possibly see any female actually wanting to flirt with the choices given. So while Darkside may have more options, they certainly don't have attractive ones. That one Sith inquisitor flirt option being the closest thing that came.. if only..

Spoiler

qqemokitty
01.04.2012 , 12:24 PM | #125
It sounds like other female IA's get more flirt options than I have seen. Maybe it has to do with the conversational choices?

I have to admit my IA is kind of a jerk. She's very cold and very dark. Her priorities are: Kill ****. The Empire. Credits. Wishing she could bang Kaliyo. :P

I don't think she has given anyone but the one guy an opening to flirt, and then she killed him! Maybe that is why everyone else is scared to try. Blix is an Ice Queen. xD
Let them see what is not there, and feel what does not touch them.
When they no longer trust their senses... that is the time to strike.

NermalDetonator
01.04.2012 , 12:37 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Couac View Post
You should giggle and blush and then go gossip with your female companion about how cute he is.

According to this game, female NPCs are sexmaniacs and male NPCs have been castrated.
Well, the latter is probably WHY the females are lonely.

I'm all for expanding options. I mainly just want my male BH to be able to romance Blizz. Dont judge our love!

Jebazel
01.04.2012 , 01:38 PM | #127
Not so much a glass ceiling, more a brick wall!

JawaJedi
01.04.2012 , 01:40 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyGlaive View Post
I didn't really notice the gender discrepancy in terms of flirting until I saw this thread and thought about it. It's sad but not surprising that women either got less development attention or are simply being designed around sexist, narrow-minded ideas about gender.

As a gay woman I've been frustrated with feeling like I have to create male versions of my female characters just to experience the story with some romance, yet in doing so I'm forced to play as a male. The alternative is to play a female character and be stuck flirting with boys, and that's just not a pleasant thought.

I love this game and all, I just suspect it's more fun if you're straight. And a guy. And white.
Wow.

Really? Going there?

Anyway, for the last time, the difference between four and two doesn't really matter. That's you being nit picky. The only class that I'm aware of with a significant discrepency is the male IA versus female IA-which does surprise me because playing female IA you clearly had the fastest possible one night stand.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

Jedi_Luxora
01.04.2012 , 02:11 PM | #129
Made a fresh female Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor last night.
My boyfriend, right beside me, made a male Zabrak Sith Inquisitor.

We play through the VERY first introductory conversation.

He gets his first flirt option with the red-head newbie "classmate."
I got nothing.

Am I in the 21st century? Is Bioware?

Jebazel
01.04.2012 , 02:35 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Luxora View Post
I got nothing.

Am I in the 21st century? Is Bioware?
Par for the course.

Boys toys for boys.