Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

Gaelinda
12.13.2011 , 03:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
they had better, they advertised "pre order and get early access", if i don't get it i will be reporting them to the bbb for misleading advertising.
How is this misleading? You will get early access, earlier than the bozos who decided to wait until launch date so they can stand in line to buy the game, assuming there are copies left!

I pre-ordered mine because I knew I wanted a copy on launch day and frankly, I have a life that requires me to be up and working by 8 am. Now, if I get to play on the 19th, that's great. If it's earlier (say the 16th- 18th), that's better.

Just quit your ************ and remember, those that are playing now may be further along when we start, but we're still further along than those that don't get to play until the 20th (even if we start a day early).

AkilZodiac
12.13.2011 , 03:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zones View Post
Thats a quote from twitter. I hope you really don't think you can stagger all the way until the 19 do you?
SR has said that there will still be people unable to play by the 19th.

So yes, they are staggering until the day before launch.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Zones
12.13.2011 , 03:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AkilZodiac View Post
SR has said that there will still be people unable to play by the 19th.

So yes, they are staggering until the day before launch.
I imagine there will be no small number of people choosing to show their displeasure with their wallets if this is the case. I for one am not even remotely amused with how this "staggering" is playing out.

Dizkazk
12.13.2011 , 03:53 PM | #14
Today is launch! read the launcher!

GrinNfool
12.13.2011 , 03:57 PM | #15
I find it a little irking that after a day of invites they didn't even cover the first 2 days of preorders, after their stress test I feel they should have been a bit more ambitious. Regardless I am guessing I should get in tomorrow sometime, since somehow I didn't get today. Still if its this slow going its quite possible if you didn't put a code in by october 20th you won't even get in. Poor choices on biowares part, and I am being as objective as possible with this.

Vecsus
12.13.2011 , 03:58 PM | #16
Anyone so upset by all that that they would cancel their order is already so emotionally invested in the game that even if they really do cancel they will be back within 3 days anyway.

Empty threats are sad...really sad.

I'm chomping at the bit to get into the game as well but I won't be so absurd and immature as to cancel my order. That's like telling the pizza guy you don't want the pizza as he's pulling up in front of your house.
Vecsus
Class: undecided

Khraven
12.13.2011 , 03:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GrinNfool View Post
I find it a little irking that after a day of invites they didn't even cover the first 2 days of preorders, after their stress test I feel they should have been a bit more ambitious. Regardless I am guessing I should get in tomorrow sometime, since somehow I didn't get today. Still if its this slow going its quite possible if you didn't put a code in by october 20th you won't even get in. Poor choices on biowares part, and I am being as objective as possible with this.
The first week of preorders probably eclipses the following five months worth, with a spike near the end as the game comes back into relevance. We'll see them speed up substantially as soon as they climb of the wall of first-responders.

Zones
12.13.2011 , 03:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecsus View Post
Anyone so upset by all that that they would cancel their order is already so emotionally invested in the game that even if they really do cancel they will be back within 3 days anyway.

Empty threats are sad...really sad.

I'm chomping at the bit to get into the game as well but I won't be so absurd and immature as to cancel my order. That's like telling the pizza guy you don't want the pizza as he's pulling up in front of your house.
I like how it's automatically immaturity to be cautious over confusing buisness practices.

Darthantcas
12.13.2011 , 04:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GrinNfool View Post
I preordered on the 24th so thats past the first 2 days of preorders and I am happily playing my SI right now. Everyone needs to stop crying and just wait your damn turn.
.<---OPOD Happened!!

GrinNfool
12.13.2011 , 04:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Khraven View Post
The first week of preorders probably eclipses the following five months worth, with a spike near the end as the game comes back into relevance. We'll see them speed up substantially as soon as they climb of the wall of first-responders.
Eh I'd give you the first 2 days, the first week meh, its probably coming off the curve nicely at that point. However if the curve is so darn large that they can't even do 2 days with the first day of invites? That seems very problematic and poorly planned. While it will taper off its not going to taper off that quick. At the rate they are going I could see Tomorrows invites MAYBE getting to the 5 day after preorders were available, then thur hitting the 14th day and maybe 2 weeks at a time after that till october. As I said with their successful stress test, and them knowing their own pre order numbers, I would have expected a bit more ambitious a plan.