Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

Zones's Avatar


Zones
12.13.2011 , 03:39 PM | #1
Thats a quote from twitter. I hope you really don't think you can stagger all the way until the 19 do you?

Unaki's Avatar


Unaki
12.13.2011 , 03:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zones View Post
Thats a quote from twitter. I hope you really don't think you can stagger all the way until the 19 do you?
If the servers cant handle it, of course they will.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

sethalex's Avatar


sethalex
12.13.2011 , 03:40 PM | #3
i do. they will finally finish july by 19, the rest is on the last 12 hours.

Cryptoling's Avatar


Cryptoling
12.13.2011 , 03:41 PM | #4
They are trying to not get hopes up because people will whine. Then again they will do it anyways. Same reason they won't tell you when you get your invite til you get it. If something goes wrong and you were to get pushed back a day you'd be screaming and raising all hell. Look at people whining about not getting in today even tho today wasn't even in the original plan. They gave us 2 extra days to have a chance to get in and people just cry.
Khaled - Jedi Sage - Krayt Dragon
<Carnage Gaming> raidordie.com

Evuke's Avatar


Evuke
12.13.2011 , 03:41 PM | #5
i hope it works out for you

revial's Avatar


revial
12.13.2011 , 03:41 PM | #6
I'm going to laugh when the servers are down most of the 19th to prepare for release, and they actually stagger Early Release to allow the last batch in on that day.



I know, it won't be nice, but damn. That's going to be some comic relief.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

pigbrick's Avatar


pigbrick
12.13.2011 , 03:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
they had better, they advertised "pre order and get early access", if i don't get it i will be reporting them to the bbb for misleading advertising.
same.

Moudan's Avatar


Moudan
12.13.2011 , 03:45 PM | #8
If I don't get early access by the end of the day on the 18th I'm gonna be cancelling my pre-order. The fact that they are unsure if their servers will hold up with the intial pre-orders is worrying. I honestly don't think they are prepared to manage a game of this size and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down soon enough.

TheGhostAgent's Avatar


TheGhostAgent
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
they had better, they advertised "pre order and get early access", if i don't get it i will be reporting them to the bbb for misleading advertising.
Or better yet, cancel your preorder. We don't need entitlement immature folks like yourself in our community. They're hard at work as it is to ensure a stable and smooth release. They made no promise that everyone will have 5 days EGA and in fact, they increased it to 7 days. They owe you nothing. Good luck trying to bring this up as a suit.

Zones's Avatar


Zones
12.13.2011 , 03:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Moudan View Post
If I don't get early access by the end of the day on the 18th I'm gonna be cancelling my pre-order. The fact that they are unsure if their servers will hold up with the intial pre-orders is worrying. I honestly don't think they are prepared to manage a game of this size and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down soon enough.
If I don't feel they are making reasonable progress I'll cancel before the 16th when Origin will do it's billing.

There is no excuse for them to be letting such a small amount of people in when they have the hardware to handle more than two million players currently running.

If they continue at this rate there is clearly something else going on, and I'm going to be wary after blowing money on previous mmo disasters.