Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am I doing it wrong? End game guild force alignment.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Am I doing it wrong? End game guild force alignment.

Whatsalightsaver
12.25.2011 , 08:26 PM | #1
Boring and forced alignment choices aside, my brother mentioned something that made me question whether or not I'm just setting myself up for failure. Is it true that end game guilds are "light side" or "dark side"? I chose to play Republic and go darkside, but what does that mean for me end game? Will I only be able to join guilds that also decide to jettison crew members from star ships or will I be free to join guilds based on their community and general level of competency?

There are far fewer republic darkside players than there are republic lightside so I guess my question is this: Have I effectively diminished the player pool in which I'll be able to raid with?

Mechavomit
12.25.2011 , 09:09 PM | #2
Umm.. It depends entirely on the guild. I haven't seen any guilds so far, that accept players based on their alignment.

shadowprophet
12.26.2011 , 01:07 AM | #3
err your alignment is merely controlling your choice of mounts, relics, color crystals and some equipment (end game commendation gear is alignment free)

It does not limit your choice of guilds or raids in any way...

Whatsalightsaver
12.26.2011 , 03:37 AM | #4
Maybe I'm misinformed, but isn't the whole flashpoint thing set up for everyone to choose the same responses to questions for the most amount of social points? I assumed raids were set up the same way. I assumed if I'm jettisoning people for darkside points while everyone wants to save them for lightside points that I would be in direct opposition to everyone else's progress. Truth be told I have no idea how the raids function but I assumed they were like flashpoints.

Unrelated: How do I get an avatar so I'm not just some shadowy figure on the forums?

Karkais
12.26.2011 , 04:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Whatsalightsaver View Post

Unrelated: How do I get an avatar so I'm not just some shadowy figure on the forums?
On top: "my account", sign in, bottom right, theres options for forum avatar, signature, etc.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

Bgiffo
12.27.2011 , 01:54 AM | #6
Alignment has no effect except for the gear and crystals you can use.

Whatsalightsaver
12.27.2011 , 03:28 AM | #7
Muchas gracias everyone. Guess I was worried for nothing. I'll be sure to b*tch slap my brother.