Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why do I bother listing on the Market.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why do I bother listing on the Market.

hammarus's Avatar


hammarus
12.25.2011 , 08:11 PM | #1
2 days listing is not enough. Period.

Why? Because when I try to provide enough goods to the market I try to list quite a few things. It takes time to get them up and priced right. If they don't sell quickly either because I priced them too high or demand is low, they come down and I got to list them all over again. Huge pain in the @ss.

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.25.2011 , 08:12 PM | #2
Welcome to any MMO?

So if you put something up for 2 weeks, and someone came behind you and undercut you 2 hours. You would be fine waiting 2 weeks to get your item back?

PainOfDemise's Avatar


PainOfDemise
12.25.2011 , 08:15 PM | #3
You can always cancel it and get your item back whenever you want to.

hammarus's Avatar


hammarus
12.25.2011 , 08:19 PM | #4
You don't understand, or I wasn't clear enough. I want to be able to list for longer periods of time. AKA.. EQ1 EQ2 EVE Online not like WoW.

scfs's Avatar


scfs
12.25.2011 , 08:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
Welcome to any MMO?

So if you put something up for 2 weeks, and someone came behind you and undercut you 2 hours. You would be fine waiting 2 weeks to get your item back?
Any mmo? Theres quite a few MMO's that have far longer auction times then 2 days.

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.25.2011 , 08:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by scfs View Post
Any mmo? Theres quite a few MMO's that have far longer auction times then 2 days.
Yes and they all take your deposit if the item doesn't sell. If you cancel the item because you set it up for 2 weeks and someone comes in 2 hours later and undercuts you, you lose your deposit and cancel it or wait 2 weeks. Putting something up for 2 weeks is insane.

Sacriledge's Avatar


Sacriledge
12.25.2011 , 09:13 PM | #7
It can be a pain but on the bright side you get your deposit back.

When it comes to the auction house i would prefer it were easier to search for items rather than let the auctions last longer.

Warlockco's Avatar


Warlockco
12.25.2011 , 09:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sacriledge View Post
It can be a pain but on the bright side you get your deposit back.

When it comes to the auction house i would prefer it were easier to search for items rather than let the auctions last longer.
QFT
This needs to be done.

corgashan's Avatar


corgashan
12.26.2011 , 02:42 AM | #9
Honestly, for me, a lot of the frustration could be avoided if the AH could just remember the price I JUST put in for the exact same item. Reduces bulk listing items to a couple clicks each.

Pandabutt's Avatar


Pandabutt
12.26.2011 , 02:55 AM | #10
2 days is actually a bit short... 5 days would be good though

the AH needs some tweeking still in all honesty.

1: Functional Search Option
2: Longer Listings (1 day, 2 day, 5 day, Longer???)
3: Bulk Listing Feature
4: Live Price Change (So we can reprice something we already have listed without relisting)