BH class quest "Some People Just Need Killing" bugged

Rakatashi

After electing to spare the chancellor and taking the escape pod, I was taken to the Tyrant ship (where the objective of the quest is supposed to be located,) but I was sent to the phase of the Tyrant for a class quest much earlier in the bounty hunter series. Relogging does not fix it, leaving the area and returning does not fix it, resetting the quest does not fix it, and I can't get back in to the phase where I took the escape pod to try again.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rakatashi - just in case - did you see the response on the other thread about this? He's not marked on the map but if you follow the corridors to the right out of the airlock and head north, he's right at the end T junction in the left hand room!

Hurrah! :)

• 3 weeks later...

THIS. IS. STILL. BUGGED.

Exact same scenario. No sub text on the mission dialogue in the top right corner, no mission updates, older/destroyed instance of the Tyrant. Resetting doesn't work, different companions don't work, resetting form the Corellian airlock doesn't work, nothing.

Also tried looking for him as per this other kind person's instructions, but since it's an older phase, nobody is there at the location.

Rakatashi - just in case - did you see the response on the other thread about this? He's not marked on the map but if you follow the corridors to the right out of the airlock and head north, he's right at the end T junction in the left hand room!

Hurrah! :)

I'm having this same issue, and he's not there. I've been in every room and nothing. no response from BW at all and I've had open tickets since the 5th. This is just sad.

BTW, if you go to fleet (or Sh or something), then fly back to the corelia orbital station, you can reclick the shuttle and it will relauch the escape pod scene and you get to the tyrant. Even doing that doesn't fix the problem though, just redoes the escape pod part if you had reset the mission.

I'm seeing the exact same thing: completely unable to proceed; the Tyrant is totally empty. One difference I have, though, is that the game doesn't permit me to reset or abandon the quest as others above have reported trying.

This bug is sufficiently severe that I consider my bounty hunter unplayable due to this bug.

Got the same problem myself.

Resetting the quest doesn't help, resetting phase doesn't do squat.

The Tyrant is in it's destroyed state from previous trip to the ship.

Door to the security office is closed and unable to open.

Tried with different companions, nothing worked.

Seeing as this has happened with this quest before (and I'm talking WAY back when SWToR was first released) and it's still not fixed is really unbelievable in my opinion.

There goes my legendary player achievement, as I can't *********** complete the final quest....

I'm having this problem as well. After "Travel to Tyrant" the mission log is blank and doesn't trigger anything else after I'm in the ship with some friendly imps and i can't find the sith lord anywhere in the ship. No matter what i did, i can't get the game to recognize that I'm in the BLOODY ship.... Glad i'm not alone ^^

Happening to me, as well. Very frustrating to be soooo close to finishing the class quest and then be denied! :eek:

I'll confirm that I tried some of the recommendations that I've seen around, including heading back to the fleet and resetting the mission. That actually took me back a step to the "use the escape pods" objective--also grayed out. I went back to the Corellian orbital station at that point and fought my way back to the shuttle. The shuttle takes me to the Tyrant now, but the NPCs are not hostile and Tormen is nowhere to be found, and I've checked the recommended location as well as every other nook and cranny on the ship.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

Adding my voice to the multitudes. I've tried every possible fix out there with no luck. Super frustrating. It's like getting to the end of a book you've thoroughly been enjoying only to discover the last pages are missing :( Edited by Malphayden