KOTFE Lana Romance

charlieboyjh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Odessen in the bar scene there's a conversation option...

I need to speak to one of you.

I need to speak to one of you (flirt)

You need to pick the flirt option. A lot of people didn't because they felt it was unclear who specifically they would be flirting with if they chose that option, and didn't want to end up jumping that bar and going tongue first at Koth (or Lana if they wanted to go at Koth). If you've been flirting with Lana the entire chapter1-8 though it will automatically choose her to talk to when you pick the flirt option. If you missed your chance at the moment there's nothing you can do but hope you can pick up the romance option down the line.

Ya I brought this up in the suggestions forums to basically allow a reset of ch9 dialogue because outside if alliance setup (done in classic style) nothing really happens aside from the romance and a speech anyhow.

I am pretty annoyed at how ambiguous the choice was and I too thought I wold be flirting with NOT Lana, so didn't pick the flirt option...

Just bad setup and wording in that scene

Because it doesn't provide that choice, and you're speaking directly to a single person.

I suppose if I were being a bit more meta, I would have selected that choice just to see who I was speaking with and immediately hit escape if I didn't like where it was going, but I was sort of caught up in the cinematics and assumed that choosing Lana for the second choice would be sufficient.

A simple solution would be to allow PC's not locked into a romance to talk to the romance able characters to trigger the locking conversation, after the fact if they too were just being cautious and missed it

Actually upon reflection, Lana is a damned Sith, don't they just take what they want? Screw making the first move, I want a future chapter to have Lana make a move on you! A forceful move...with handcuffs...and a slave collar.......

Wait what was I saying?

Edited by sinisterwaffle

Yeah it was a bit badly worded, I actually paused to read both options fully, but even when I realised it was asking about ONE of them, I still expected to see a 3 way option to choose from the 3, but it did catch me out when the scene automatically went straight to Lana, probably because I had not done any flirt options with the others.

Yeah, it was phrased as though you were flirting with Theran, so I didn't click it.

No, it wasn't. 'One of you' by modern standards does not equate to referring to a single person, furthermore to expand on the argument other people have said on other threads while 'one of you' can directly refer to a single person, not only is that a ridiculous thing to say to one person in a group of people in real life, its excruciatingly awkward in any form of media, be it games, books, movies. If you are flirting with a person in a group setting, you are going to address them by name or you are going to look and sound ridiculous. 'One of you' in both the flirt and non flirt options is meant to convey that you are going to have options to select from after you select it. Most people seem to have understood this, its only a select few that are having any issues.

There is a case for poor cinematography, because Theron is the last to speak the camera stops on him during the flirt option, which would have been remedied by having the shot pan back to the entire group, but that in of itself does not mean the choice was 'phrased as though you were flirting with Theron.'

Because it doesn't provide that choice, and you're speaking directly to a single person.

I suppose if I were being a bit more meta, I would have selected that choice just to see who I was speaking with and immediately hit escape if I didn't like where it was going, but I was sort of caught up in the cinematics and assumed that choosing Lana for the second choice would be sufficient.

Yes it does provide that choice, you assuming it means one thing and not checking to see based on an assumption is your own fault but you can't blame the game for not providing the option that it does just because you made an incorrect assumption. You do know what they say about 'assuming.'

There are multiple threads about this topic already.

I made the same (wrong) choice, Biowares design of that VITALLY IMPORTANT SCENE was well....utter CRAP!

No. No it was not. You like others made an incorrect assumption when it was clear to most that the dialogue implies there is going to be a choice solely because the camera lingers on Theron after he's finished speaking. If you were not sure the easy solution is to simply, select the flirt option and see if you are provided a choice or if you flirt with Theron, if the later the ESC key is your friend. Really? What do people find hard about this. You can't blame Bioware for your own incorrect assumptions.

Ya I brought this up in the suggestions forums to basically allow a reset of ch9 dialogue because outside if alliance setup (done in classic style) nothing really happens aside from the romance and a speech anyhow.

I am pretty annoyed at how ambiguous the choice was and I too thought I wold be flirting with NOT Lana, so didn't pick the flirt option...

Just bad setup and wording in that scene

Bioware doesn't reset anything, and this would set a precedent that they wouldn't want to set. You'll likely have another option in the future to lock in the romance if you so desire but if you want to redo that scene, I suggest rolling an alt.

No, it isn't ambiguous, both options have the exact same wording except one is designated by a [Flirt] and one is not, and both sets of dialogue imply a choice. Its really, very, very simple unless you are confused by the cinematography in which case checking the flirt option and hitting esc if its not what you wanted is the smart way of going about it, rather than assuming its not what you want and going the other route.

They should have phrased it more like the scene in SoR where you have the choice of flirting/solidifying a romance with either Lana or Theron and they are both named in the choices.

They couldn't do that for a very simple reason. In SoR, you had 2 romance options. Lana and Theron, and 3 dialogue choices. In KotFE you have 3 romance options, Lana, Koth, and Theron and 3 dialogue choices. They can't have 3 flirt options because that would force people into flirting with characters they may not want to do so with. Hence the 'one of you' options. Nothing in either dialogue choice implies or even suggests you are talking to one person, it implies and suggests you are talking to a group.

Were you not given a choice when you picked the non flirt whose dialogue option was IDENTICAL to the flirt option? Doesn't that in and of itself imply that the same is true for the [flirt] option? To sum it up, yes, yes it does.

Yeah it was a bit badly worded, I actually paused to read both options fully, but even when I realised it was asking about ONE of them, I still expected to see a 3 way option to choose from the 3, but it did catch me out when the scene automatically went straight to Lana, probably because I had not done any flirt options with the others.

Yes, If you've only flirted with one of them it bypasses the choice and goes along with the romance you've already been pursuing.

How could anyone think you would be flirting with anyone specific? The dialogue clearly states "I need to talk to one of you", obviously leading to a choice.

I mean, sure, let's reset chapter 9 but damn...

This is my whole problem, I can get being briefly confused by the cinematography but what I can't get is not following through logically and then being upset when you find out things weren't as you 'assumed.'

Yes, If you've only flirted with one of them it bypasses the choice and goes along with the romance you've already been pursuing.

I was "stuck" in SOR mindset as there was a similar point there where despite never flirted with Theran I still had the option to ask either Lana or Theran to stay for a moment.

I'm sure that moment on Odessen is not the only way to romance Lana :p

Actually, it is. That's where the romance officially begins, you get locked in on Odessen. There's a warning confirmation box and everything.

How could anyone think you would be flirting with anyone specific? The dialogue clearly states "I need to talk to one of you", obviously leading to a choice.

I mean, sure, let's reset chapter 9 but damn...

This. There was no ambiguity in the dialogue choice. It said "[Flirt] I wanted to speak with ONE of you".

I only ever flirted with Lana during KoTFE (imported romance from SoR) and the "[flirt] I wanted to speak with one of you" dialogue gave me "[flirt] I wanted to speak with Lana" and regular "I wanted to speak to Theron". Seems if you're friends with Theron, it won't just go straight to the romance scene. You still have to manually select it.

I was "stuck" in SOR mindset as there was a similar point there where despite never flirted with Theran I still had the option to ask either Lana or Theran to stay for a moment.

I was a bit surprised too the first time, I also expected a choice, but I liked this better I think. Its more reasonably to go directly on with who you've been hitting on, then to suddenly ask Koth or whomever to talk 'in private.' So, while surprising, it was a nice addition from my PoV.

I was a bit surprised too the first time, I also expected a choice, but I liked this better I think. Its more reasonably to go directly on with who you've been hitting on, then to suddenly ask Koth or whomever to talk 'in private.' So, while surprising, it was a nice addition from my PoV.

No doubt it makes sense it just caught me off guard.

is there a way to check the romance lock? Right now i´m unable to remember if i choose the romance scene with lana or just talked to her normally...

i rly hope that you will be able to start the romance on a later point too... or it was triggered earlier... I flirted with lana all the way and it would seem strange to only start/lock the romance at odessen.

is there a way to check the romance lock? Right now i´m unable to remember if i choose the romance scene with lana or just talked to her normally...

i rly hope that you will be able to start the romance on a later point too... or it was triggered earlier... I flirted with lana all the way and it would seem strange to only start/lock the romance at odessen.

Well...not that strange, honestly. Every character I've seen romanced has a point where you either continue it/make it official, or break it off. If you pass that point by mistake without choosing the flirt option, you're stuck with a good friend. I learned this with my first character, who I rerolled after I screwed up my chance with Kira.

In this instance, Bioware actually did all of us a service. Instead of guessing whether we had reached that point or not, they specifically tell us, " you are about to start a full on romance."

Also, as was put in the forums a week ago, ESC is your friend in KOTFE. And that scene with the romance on Odessen was honestly sooo long with so many points to pause, including the one with the warning, I really don't see how anyone could have messed it up. It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head, saying, "don't you dare hit ESC and fix your booboo." I hit that button probably 5 times to reset it, just to take lots of screenshots and be excited that it was actually happening, lol.

Idk. I feel badly for those who screwed it up. I would cheer for you if you somehow got another chance to make it right. Just don't blame Bioware for your mistakes. Maybe they would be more inclined to listen if you simply owned up and said, "yep, I can read, and yep, I screwed it up. Will you have pity on me?"

Here's hoping they have a way to help you out. Cheers.

I don't see how anyone who didn't read past [Flirt] couldn't make out that the option was for all present and not just for Theron.

What surprises me, is if you just flirted with Lana, it sends you off with her without a choice of Koth or Theron. It's a good move though. If you haven't flirted with anyone else up to that point, why give you a choice then?

I'm really starting to think people just saw [Flirt] and clicked the other option without reading past it :p

I don't see how anyone who didn't read past [Flirt] couldn't make out that the option was for all present and not just for Theron.

What surprises me, is if you just flirted with Lana, it sends you off with her without a choice of Koth or Theron. It's a good move though. If you haven't flirted with anyone else up to that point, why give you a choice then?

I'm really starting to think people just saw [Flirt] and clicked the other option without reading past it :p

Would explain a lot.

Player: Okay, I'm talking to Theron, what are my options. I need to speak with one of you and [Flirt]... *selects option a*