Old school subscriber needs advice...haven't played in a while!

edilee

OK I started day 1 with this game and life got too busy so I had no time to play...long story short....haven't played in a long long time and I have a level 25 jedi and another trooper or something level 17...there have been expansion packs and many many updates....should I delete these characters and just start over? I logged in tonight and I don't remember anything....there have been so many changes and I have forgotten where everything is at and basically I don't remember S&^t. I have no problem just starting over since my toons are so low level and from what I have read the xp goes faster now...which was an issue for me before.

Those that know this game what would be your advice? I have the level 60 thing available to me but don't want to burn that one yet and I am at a point where I can play this on a regular basis now....even had to rename my characters for whatever reason it had been so long.

Hi,

Glad to see you have a chance to enjoy this game again. You do not have to worry since slow leveling seems to be your main issue. Experience gain is MUCH faster. If you did every quest on your starting planet then you will be around level 15 without any extra item boosts. On top of that, companions can now be set to the tank, healing, or DPS role at any moment outside of battle. Also, most flashpoints now have a special solo and tactical version. This game has definitely changed quite a bit mechanics wise, but has streamlined things quite a bit for more casual players.

Good luck and have fun.

Either pick one of them and follow the purple missions, or start a new character, all the class stories are good enough that doing them all is fun.

But it should be easy enough to pick up where you left off on one of the old characters.

Which ever you choose enjoy the game.

Also because of changes made this patch should you decide to do things other than the main story and planet missions you will always get good XP as you will just be down levelled to the maximum for that planet (Level Sync)

The rename was because about 2 years ago they purged all lower level inactive for some while character names

OK I started day 1 with this game and life got too busy so I had no time to play...long story short....haven't played in a long long time and I have a level 25 jedi and another trooper or something level 17...there have been expansion packs and many many updates....should I delete these characters and just start over?

Welcome back :tran_smile:

I advice you not to delete any characters, start a new character instead. Someday you might want to return to play the old characters again and we got several characterslots so it is not a big thing.

Good luck

Edited by Icestar

OK I started day 1 with this game and life got too busy so I had no time to play...long story short....haven't played in a long long time and I have a level 25 jedi and another trooper or something level 17...there have been expansion packs and many many updates....should I delete these characters and just start over? I logged in tonight and I don't remember anything....there have been so many changes and I have forgotten where everything is at and basically I don't remember S&^t. I have no problem just starting over since my toons are so low level and from what I have read the xp goes faster now...which was an issue for me before.

Those that know this game what would be your advice? I have the level 60 thing available to me but don't want to burn that one yet and I am at a point where I can play this on a regular basis now....even had to rename my characters for whatever reason it had been so long.

Welcome back, now is a good time to return to the game with the current changes. If you have nothing important on those toons, given that they are so low level. I would say start over a new toon, you will be back to 25 in no time. :) You will learn now to play again and enjoy the fact your companions are much more compatible with you no matter your class choice. Depending how casual you are, you could be end game in a week. Good luck. :)

I have to agree with the others. Just start a new toon.

If you do everything on the starter planet, it will take you to about level 15. If you throw in a couple of warzones after level 10 you will even be level 17 or higher.

On average, you can expect it to take about 1 hour to do just the class quests on a planet. However, the advanced higher level missions are also purple quests so you might end up doing these along with your class quests. This will add a little time to your time on planet.

Also, 12 basic crystals are part of the class quest reward starting on the capital world, so you can put on modified gear at level 1 if you chose and then modify it once you have sufficient crystals (comms) to deck your toon out. You need about 50 crystals to deck out all your character's gear if it is in a full set of modified gear and not a partial set missing pieces like helmet, greaves, or belt.

As for how to do things the quick way ...

You will have access to Nico at level 1. Go ahead and access him.

If you have access to a mount, go ahead and unlock it in your legacy. I think it is 10k to unlock speeder 1 at level 1. You should have 10k on one or both of your existing characters.

With early access to a overpowered companion and mount, you will burn through content very quickly. Also don't forget about your quick access teleport. You can instantly return to key quest giver areas without having to mount travel back. Saves time.

Thanks for the advice! I did see alot of changes and i was literally lost where my character was located. I think i will start a new toon to relearn where everything is again but save my old ones...they dont have anything equipped that is worth anything so no big loss.

Are cartel coins used to buy good equipment and other items?

Are cartel coins used to buy good equipment and other items?
Equipment? No, in MHO.

Items = YES.

Linking a post of mine on CM purchases, but note it hasn't been 4.0 updated. And FYI, I never buy "packs" (randomly generated items isn't my thing).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8259307&postcount=17

And I agree with the others. Start a new toon. Welcome back!

Edited by DocDAM

Lots of good info in all these replies and i will start a new character tonight and let the game walk me through all the new content i have been away for. I will use the info in these replies as well to get me going. Thanks all

i did the same thing lol. The game does a god job poping up a "?" for new info in game. Taking your hero on an easy mission helps remember move list, but good luck...game seems so much more fun now than before!

Posting referral links in chat is against the forum rules.

=============

OP, you can use any referral link that you wish. No shortage of them, but I advise that if you have any actual friends playing that you use theirs.

You will get some stuff, but the person whose link you use gets quite a good deal as well.

That's why so many people want to get people to click their links.

Otherwise I would suggest looking for a poster that has helped you out and using their link if you are interested in the rewards or just waiting to see what happens in the game. You might find a friend and decide to use their link.

A referral link will have an /r/ in it, so you can tell that way.

On a related note, you might want to try finding a cantina link that works and using it for a free speeder and one other little random item.

They will have a /ce/ in the link.

Here's a link to one code-sharing thread.

Might have to try a few links before you get one that works as they all have limited use, but unlike the referral links, these offer no reward to the person whose link you click.

Everyone sharing cantina codes (again, double check that it has the /ce/ and not an /r/) does so out of the kindess of their hearts and as a thank you to those that shared with them, not because they will get a reward for doing so.

Edited by Mithros