Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Servers are pretty dead for being the day of expansion.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Servers are pretty dead for being the day of expansion.

SaerethDL
10.27.2015 , 01:17 PM | #11
well a lot of us already played through the story a few times, and now we are probably playing a different game.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing.You will forever stand alone."
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE

teclado
10.27.2015 , 01:19 PM | #12
This is pretty funny. No offence OP, but you seriously seem like somebody who is being paid by EA / BW rivals to come over here and post multiple negative threads.

We know that this sort of thing happens, so....maybe try a little bit more subtlety?

AshenK
10.27.2015 , 01:20 PM | #13
We all knew the numbers would drop due to the whole single player thing. So this doesn't really shock me at all.

Falensawino
10.27.2015 , 01:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
Some of us have jobs and other school
no lifers find a way.

If you want to gauge SWTOR's popularity with Full-time gamers, maybe look at twitch viewer statistics.
Currently at 3:27PM US Eastern time there are 610 viewers and 79 streamers broadcasting SWTOR.

To view SWTOR's total viewer count, find it here: http://www.twitch.tv/directory/
To view how many streamers:
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star Wars%3A The Old Republic

Typically SWTOR has 300 viewers and less than 20 streamers broadcasting the game. There's definitely been a bump, but only in peak hours will twtich's numbers spike.

For comparison here are some other viewer counts of popular games or SWTOR competitors:
Quote:
Taken 3:27PM US Eastern time (October 27th, 2015)

Overwatch 208,282 viewers
League of Legends 98,150 viewers
Dota 2 78,261 Viewers
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 57,763 viewers
Battleborn 2,001 viewers (first person shooter MOBA from gearbox software) (this game has not been released yet)

World of Warcraft 15,912 viewers
World of Tanks 11,516 viewers
RuneScape 4,124 viewers
Guild Wars 2 1,790 viewers
Warframe 768 viewers
Wildstar 213 viewers
Elder Scrolls Online 143 viewers
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link

Teladis
10.27.2015 , 01:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
We all knew the numbers would drop due to the whole single player thing. So this doesn't really shock me at all.
Lmao this guy.

The servers are fine for the time it is. It is filling up. This thread is about as pointless as this comment.

horrorfaneightys
10.27.2015 , 01:34 PM | #16
One of the servers I play on is very heavy, and has been a lot recently. So I don't know what you're looking at, honestly.
Xaniata-kee Morga-dar Li'lu-fei Aiden-grey Jadze Sangui Lavent Rou'n Nua'mi Bloodsigh Argeia Rufous Charc Janeena Rubane Gwyrr Vio'xa Audrina Rey

Neglience
10.27.2015 , 01:39 PM | #17
It is prime time in EU at the moment and 2 from 9 servers are full, 3 on light and the rest standard. That's not much for a one day release of an expansion.

I hope BW brings out the better than cross-server solution when the hype is gone.
Pandora - Sith Juggernaut
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Rafaman
10.27.2015 , 01:41 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
Why do I get the feeling this will be the same guy who comes back to the forums to complain when Harb crashes again or if he manages to see a full server with wait time....
This^^^.

Harbi will go down this evening I'm afraid.

Oh yeah OP, don't forget, those that had to have it, got it early. Those that didn't, had to work. lol

Sarfux
10.27.2015 , 01:43 PM | #19
Sir, I'm leaving.
Leaving? But why, you're the best employee I have.
Well sir I have decided to take my talents full time to Star Wars The Old Republic.
What's a Star Wars The Old Republic?
It's a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.
Ok then, what's that.
Well it's...it's kinda like...it's sorta like...ah forget it people with lives like you would never understand. I quit!
Ok....bye??

Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

TheSeventhJedi
10.27.2015 , 01:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Keedmo View Post
Damn job... Don't my bosses know there's a galaxy far, far away that needs to be saved?!?!
Psht, amateurs. You get early access, and get sick on THAT day. Mine never knew! Mwahahahaha!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)