Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

JourrnoRush's Avatar


JourrnoRush
12.17.2016 , 03:50 AM | #821
If we are doing pvp, would it be best to go for the max for our spec based on rating and then just throw it all into power since we don't need accuracy?
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

brazilboy's Avatar


brazilboy
12.18.2016 , 12:16 PM | #822
Can someone please explain why the spreasheet linked in the 1st post of this thread, which supposedly has updated 5.0 values, shows different DPS rankings than the 1st post itself?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

For example: Bant's first post was updated on 12/2/2016 and shows Rage Jugg significantly ahead of Vengeance in the dps rankings. But then if you click the link to the spreadsheet, the spreadsheet seems to show the opposite (for DPS) -- that is, it shows Vengenace materially ahead of Rage dps.

Any help on this?

Sovelis's Avatar


Sovelis
12.18.2016 , 12:31 PM | #823
So what are the go to enhancements for tanks to achieve these stats? Is everyone still using Bastion/Bulwark or the low endurance ones now?

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
12.18.2016 , 01:06 PM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by NeverLoseFaith View Post
Is 5.0 SWTOR Test Sheet accurate and updated?

About Sith Marauder Disciplines Enhancements / Augments / Crystals all that are suggestions or MUST for the char to roll? I mean I know that you need 110% accuracy etc.

And why Accuracy stim and not Mastery? Both have been tested and Accuracy is better?

The "5.0 SWTOR Test Sheet" will always be more accurate than the post on the forums. That is because that google doc is the method used to generate all of the data and any recent changes are reflected there first and only later updated to the SWTOR.com post.

Every combination of gear on the front page is a suggestion. There is no actual way to be able to tell the difference between gear setups in game. There is too much RNG in how damage calculated to be able to compare the dps outputs to a sub-1 dps level.
It is pretty much impossible to tell the difference when the stat totals are all within 200 or so points of the optimal levels.

As for the Accuracy Stim, I ran my tests (which cycles through all possible stat combinations and returns the combination that gives the highest average DPS) with both stims and accuracy returned DPS totals that were higher.
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
12.18.2016 , 01:15 PM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by brazilboy View Post
Can someone please explain why the spreasheet linked in the 1st post of this thread, which supposedly has updated 5.0 values, shows different DPS rankings than the 1st post itself?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

For example: Bant's first post was updated on 12/2/2016 and shows Rage Jugg significantly ahead of Vengeance in the dps rankings. But then if you click the link to the spreadsheet, the spreadsheet seems to show the opposite (for DPS) -- that is, it shows Vengenace materially ahead of Rage dps.

Any help on this?

Its because I was doing some double checks on the rotations and found that the Chilling Scream Rotation for Rage was not actually playable. That is because I forgot to check to see if the rotation still works without the cooldown reduction from Overpower. It had worked previously when I had Retaliation in that slot.

So on the spreadsheet, the rotation is now shown without chilling scream.

I haven't gotten around to doing a full update on the post, will likely do one last one at the end of the month with all of the updates..
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
12.18.2016 , 01:34 PM | #826
Quote: Originally Posted by Sphillipe View Post
Always loved this thread and have used it so many times, but I am wondering how accurate your 5.0a figures are. Seems they are mathematically based off PTS changes. Problem is, it seems like most of the PTS nerfs didn't make it to the live server. I've noted a few of my tooltip figures in 4.7 and rechecked them when 5.0 went live and no changes were reported. Like with my Madness Sorc which was supposed to get a 10% nerf to Death Field, yet my DF tooltip was reading the exact same figures I wrote down in 4.7. My Madness Sorc was also well ahead of the Arsenal Merc on my team in DPS, whom was better geared and had a solid rotation.

Also when I looked through the official 5.0 patch notes I didn't see many (if any) nerfs? Not saying you're wrong, just curious if maybe I am missing something here?
All of the the PTS nerfs all went through to the Live Server.
I checked each of the known nerfs against the expected values with in game characters, they were all still there. In addition, the normal group of dataminers all found that the coefficient nerfs were all still present in the live game files.

Any player has the potential to beat another in DPS, no matter the class. Gear has very little do with it (it makes it easier, but is not critical). Solid rotation is a good starting point, but there is a large gap between a solid rotation and a perfected rotation that takes advantage of alacrity and all ability interactions. There are very, very few people who can even pull of perfected rotations every time in every situation.

The patch notes are rarely complete, usually it is Tait pulling together what everyone else tells him, but smaller changes sneak past all the time.
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
12.18.2016 , 01:35 PM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by Sovelis View Post
So what are the go to enhancements for tanks to achieve these stats? Is everyone still using Bastion/Bulwark or the low endurance ones now?
I used the low endurance ones. The reason is because the set bonus gear comes with those enhancements and there doesn't appear to be a way to get that type of enhancement in the legendary tiers of gear.
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

brazilboy's Avatar


brazilboy
12.18.2016 , 04:37 PM | #828
Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post
Its because I was doing some double checks on the rotations and found that the Chilling Scream Rotation for Rage was not actually playable. That is because I forgot to check to see if the rotation still works without the cooldown reduction from Overpower. It had worked previously when I had Retaliation in that slot.

So on the spreadsheet, the rotation is now shown without chilling scream.

I haven't gotten around to doing a full update on the post, will likely do one last one at the end of the month with all of the updates..
Thanks for replying, Bant. So it sounds like the rotations at the start of this thread may be out of date? I don't see rotations in the spreadsheet, am I missing them?

ZYKISHERE's Avatar


ZYKISHERE
12.19.2016 , 02:41 PM | #829
Yeah I was testing out Rage spec yesterday and noticed as well that the rotation in the OP doesn't actually work.

The highest parse seems to use the following rotation instead:

(Enrage) Raging Burst -> Force Crush -> Ravage -> Furious Strike -> {% dependent, see below} -> Chilling Scream -> Obliterate
Raging Burst -> Sundering Assault -> Force Scream -> Furious Strike -> Chilling Scream -> Obliterate

% dependent block is either Vicious Throw if procced/below 30% OR Retaliation


I don't know enough about the spec yet to know if this is optimal, but I did test the rotation yesterday and it seems to work out fairly smoothly.
Lvl 70 Sniper
Thepaxil - Harbinger

THE PIXEL LIVES ON!

AuCougar's Avatar


AuCougar
12.20.2016 , 10:56 AM | #830
Hope you keep up to date with he new 5.1 changes know it mostly gear changes and way to get them and you stay to keep this running as usual




Many thanks