Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Galaxies

tyranusdarec
12.17.2011 , 11:07 PM | #191
I still miss SWG and prolly always will. I played from launch day. Was laid up for almost a year getting knee replacements and multiple other surgeries. SWG was really the only thing I could do.

But its gone now. I blame SOE for it and always will. They destroyed that game with their half arsed attitude towards it. They also helped to seriously hurt the sandbox game as well. Thanks to them most game companies wont even consider a sandbox game again.

Tyr

"It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself."

EllipseM
12.18.2011 , 12:03 AM | #192
Farewell SWG. As someone who's played a number of MMO's over the years, my time in SWG on the Tarquinas server still holds some of my fondest MMO memories--even grinding for countless hours to try and finish the Padawan quests pre-NGE ended up being a completely enjoyable experience. I have high hopes for SWTOR, and so far it's been an incredibly fun experience, but SWG got so many things right (100% player-run economies, an incredibly in-depth character customization system, basically the entirety of JTL) that I wish SWTOR would implement. But at least I have faith in Bioware to make this game great, as opposed to what we saw SOE do to SWG.

Cadheb
12.18.2011 , 07:29 AM | #193
Loved swg from the beginning and 1 years fourh on the infinity server until the combat rewamp, Loved the sandbox and ppl had to be social and shape the world. Hope swtor will stay true and doesnt do some silly alround changes. Happy gaming folks.

GigglesXRevenge
12.18.2011 , 10:10 AM | #194
at least it had bothans
Pinkie Pie
Flannery
Winnar

Onyx
12.19.2011 , 06:51 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by tyranusdarec View Post
I still miss SWG and prolly always will. I played from launch day. Was laid up for almost a year getting knee replacements and multiple other surgeries. SWG was really the only thing I could do.

But its gone now. I blame SOE for it and always will. They destroyed that game with their half arsed attitude towards it. They also helped to seriously hurt the sandbox game as well. Thanks to them most game companies wont even consider a sandbox game again.

Tyr
I will feel the loss for a long time to come. But I do put the blame where it really belongs, and that is with LA rather than SOE.

SOE's true colors shined during the last few months of the game. Instead of shutting down with no support and development, they managed to release features which no other game has ever implemented.

This game isn't a replacement, it was never intended to be that. And while I don't know of anyone out there that actually supported the NGE, the game known as SWG which shut down a couple days ago had some pretty incredible content that has yet to be seen in any other game. It most certainly was not the simplified game that the initial NGE heralded.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

Solitare_medic
12.19.2011 , 07:28 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNevrohs View Post
My problem with SWG was the lack of adventure and the feeling of being in a star wars game. You could craft, decorate homes etc but to me that was just boring. Theres a reason im playing a star wars game. I liked that not everyone could be a jedi, a similiar system would be cool in swtor but i guess alot of people wouldnt like it.

Never played jump to lightspeed though so i cant say anything about that, but I feel swtor is the game swg should've been.
That is a good point. The game could have been just 'sims in space' rather than Star Wars.

It was a great game, but a very very different one to WoW, and now ToR. It was more a social gathering than a game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_place

As a computer 'game' it sucked, as a simulation or hobby it was great.

Billygaryf
12.19.2011 , 09:34 AM | #197
Ummm I thing there is some serious lag in the goodbye.
I was actually, farewell when the Combat Upgrade Revamp went live, and the final goodbye when NGE (New game experience) came and finished the game off.

Add SOE's facist aproach on the community, where if they didn't like a thread they deleted it.

There is a documentary called "the customer",it might by some miracle teach SOE a few things.

Dark-Poet
12.19.2011 , 01:10 PM | #198
Hate to see it go and had lots of fun in the 6 years I played swg.

bigoldbear
12.19.2011 , 02:23 PM | #199
Some great moments but SWG was nerfed to death and for my money SOE spent too much time listening to the noisy few. Hopefully BioWare will not fully suit. I am enjoying TOR but I am strangely nervous about it's future. Not because I suspect the worst but rather because I want it to be so desperately wonderful. I don't know where the game will go but I'm prepared to put a lot of faithe in the peopl who gave me KOTOR.

commandkill
12.19.2011 , 03:12 PM | #200
was my first mmo and I loved it. sad to see it go

EDIT: And it had mon calamari's which will always be the superior species. I have reserved my mon cals name from swg just incase the legacy system allows me to unlock them
Mirialan Gunslinger Tomb Of Freedom Nadd