Star Wars Galaxies

Buffy_bites

Such a great SW MMO, goes bye bye after Dec 15th

I will miss it greatly, and is such a huge loss over christmas. Spend many Life Day events with friends over the years in it, but will not get the chance this year :(

Pity it could not have stayed active until Jan 15th or something, it would have made christmas a whole lot brighter

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god they are shutting that horrible game down! i've been asking for that, for a long while. Just really hoping they go bankrupt and all the idiots at SOE end up on the streets and picking food out of dumpsters

Each to their own

Crafting in SWG is awesome. Also space was too, as well as Beast Master and player cities. It offered a lot of end game content.

If SWTOR does not have these things or something similar then I do not see myself or anyone playing it as much, therefore atm SWTOR is the weaker game right now and I'll be surprised if it lasts more than 2 years.

Will have to see what Bioware churn out over the years

Edited by Buffy_bites

Just logging in and getting the music still gives me goosebumps. As a player from beta 3 right through them wrecking it totally with the NGE I loved the game and the people who made Starsider the awesome place it was. Sadly, the NGE did change the game too much. I've logged back in recently but it's just not the same game I fell in love with all those years ago.

RIP!

It was only good before the Combat Upgrade as that destroyed the game.

If you played the game after Pre-CU then you have no idea how fun it was as even now I still say the Swordsman, Lightsaber animations were the best I have seen :)

SWG had to go due to the contract between Lucas Arts and EA/BW. The CEO of Lucas Arts gave EA/BW exclusive rights to Star Wars Online gaming. George Lucas was upset about this as both games should have been able to co-exist. Lucas then fired the CEO. Edited by ebunts

SWG had to go due to the contract between Lucas Arts and EA/BW. The CEO of Lucas Arts gave EA/BW exclusive rights to Star Wars Online gaming. George Lucas was upset about this as both games should have been able to co-exist. Lucas then fired the CEO.

If George Lucas really did that, then that has now made me like him again.

Also if there was not all this nonsense with contracts everyone would have been able to play SWTOR ages ago, but instead had to wait for SWG to shut down.

For SWG players, we too were looking forward to playing SWTOR, but this now like another repeat of the NGE, and we are not pleased of all this at all

For myself, I ended up playing SWG solidly since its closure announcement since June. If it was not closing I would have done more overtime and stuff to get more money to buy a new PC, to play SWTOR with. If my current PC can not play it, then EA/LA will have to wait a few months before I start subbing, and has now put me off getting stuck into this game a lot, in case SWTOR gets shut down for SWG 2 or whatever, but if George did not like it, then that situation may not happen again.

Each to their own

Crafting in SWG is awesome. Also space was too, as well as Beast Master and player cities. It offered a lot of end game content.

If SWTOR does not have these things or something similar then I do not see myself or anyone playing it as much, therefore atm SWTOR is the weaker game right now and I'll be surprised if it lasts more than 2 years.

Will have to see what Bioware churn out over the years

I doubt we'll see SWTOR have the same level of game content as SWG since that game was a sandbox oriented game while SWTOR is theme-park oriented. However i'm betting down the road through the progression of SWTOR we'll see some awesome things.

One thing many of us will admit is SWG was one of the greatest MMOs out there due to its simplicity and complexity. The simplistic nature allowed you to do whatever you wanted yet the complexity was housing, player cities, and most of all the crafted economy where players made everything.

I'll truly miss going to a doc, buffing up and hitting up the Geo caves for samples + extra goodies. Taking down my first Krayt Dragon was awesome and loved the X-mas event on the Radiant server. Whole town in Tatooine had a tree put there a PLAYER CITY mind you that had a live event supported by the devs.

Hopefully we'll be able to see player created events down the road for SWTOR.

Goodbye SWG you were a king among MMOs and you will be missed.

Ill miss swg. However I am happy they let it die now. I played since launch till just after NGE hit. My entire guild disappeared from Ahazi, The cities that once were busy were empty.

SOE lost a lot of really good players with one move so for that I am happy its gone. I agree with you guys that the game was good while it lasted, It was extreamly fun to play and very addictive.

Will Bioware learn from the mistakes that SOE made? only time will tell...

Such a great SW MMO, goes bye bye after Dec 15th

I will miss it greatly, and is such a huge loss over christmas. Spend many Life Day events with friends over the years in it, but will not get the chance this year :(

Pity it could not have stayed active until Jan 15th or something, it would have made christmas a whole lot brighter

i was on there yesterday... 5 people in ME cantina

i was on there yesterday... 5 people in ME cantina

Well duh, game is closing, people seeing no point playing any more. Less time available now to play compared than a resource spawn.

If it went F2P it would have been very successful indeed. In June before the closure announcemt 4 servers were full with people and even locked to allow more in, like WOW.

As soon as the closure announcement came, it became instantly dead

Edited by Buffy_bites

I am sorry a game you loved got shutdown it's always rough when that happens but... you know what they say when you assume.. saying you might not be playing is fine... saying no one will play is just dumb.

Also it was nice for Bioware to even give SWG players a forum to vent/talk in might wanna be a little nicer and show some respect they didn't have to you know.