Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nice Patch notes ... one thing missing though

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Nice Patch notes ... one thing missing though

joshohelp
10.26.2015 , 08:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Dude, i have experienced 90% of the time, loads of group breakups after a single wipe, players in this generation expect 100% success with 0% deaths and any deviation from that....instant ragequit.

Its getting more and more stupid, i mean, i remember the days when you learnt the tactics as you did the content, instead of this 'watch the videos on the tactics' type of boring thing, which just proves my point, that players are getting more and more 100% success or leave type of mentality.

I mean, i was taught to never give up, even when you fail once or twice, but get back up and try again, wasn't any of you taught that growing up?
I remember back during launch when my friends (and even randoms sometimes) would spend literally HOURS trying to beat those later 30+ flashpoints because they were challenging if your tank wasn't pulling threat, healer was trying to be a DPS, and the DPS didn't use any of their hardest hitting abilities as often as possible.

If you ask me if tacticals are going to be this difficult then they should go back to the holy trinity requirement. I want to do tacticals but people leave after being wiped after just one group of mobs because well failure happens. I had one poor guy who didn't know what a CC was/ did. I tried to teach him whilst doing the flashpoint and tried to mosey him into playing his class correctly (he was a DPS sage, I think he was telekinetic spec) but alas. After about 2 wipes he quit along with the rest of the group.

what's even worse is that people seem to be oblivious to group chat and don't want to do any tactcis. I try to explain to them that this is not like the regular missions that you can solo and stay above 50% health with no problem.

"sigh"
The Skyblaster Legacy

From a certain point of view, everyone has good in them

Cosia
10.26.2015 , 08:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Dude, i have experienced 90% of the time, loads of group breakups after a single wipe, players in this generation expect 100% success with 0% deaths and any deviation from that....instant ragequit.

Its getting more and more stupid, i mean, i remember the days when you learnt the tactics as you did the content, instead of this 'watch the videos on the tactics' type of boring thing, which just proves my point, that players are getting more and more 100% success or leave type of mentality.

I mean, i was taught to never give up, even when you fail once or twice, but get back up and try again, wasn't any of you taught that growing up?
I hate that mentality as well. I actually still have a lot of fun even if the group wipes a billion times. I don't believe anyone can learn from a video, you really need to experience the mechanics first hand. Even progression raiders wipe over and over to learn but then some of them expect a new player to know everything straight away.
Avorel: Jedi Guardian
Legacy 50

VyacheslavTihov
10.27.2015 , 10:23 AM | #23
Where are you guys reading these patch notes? The only patch notes that I can find on both the launcher and the website are in german or french, can't find the english ones for the life of me.

wolfyde
10.27.2015 , 10:28 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by VyacheslavTihov View Post
Where are you guys reading these patch notes? The only patch notes that I can find on both the launcher and the website are in german or french, can't find the english ones for the life of me.
Same here, I'm only getting the patchnotes in german, even though the rest of the site is in english.
My referral link (free goodies): click me!
Armour Wishlist: Chantique - Darth Talon - Darth Maladi
Armour clipping bug thread

venomlash
10.27.2015 , 10:35 AM | #25
Seeing patch notes in German, and therefore the remainder of this post shall be in "Blinkenlights" fake German. My apologies to anyone with German heritage.

Ist ein grosse disappointmicht, das taktikal-flaschpointen ist nicht fischt. Alsso, Ich hab hearden dat das medikalproeb ist schtill goene fur das kommandorepubliken. Und fur kreingoutlod, ven vill das Developeren fisch das companioneren? Ich meight yust kansel mein subskriptionen.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

dvrocc
10.27.2015 , 10:35 AM | #26
I like the challenge the new tactical's have given us however my complaint is the last of no healer or a very under geared healer not able to keep up with three main heal skills on the group.
MOBO: Asus A88X-Pro FM2+ | CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K @4.2ghz | MEMORY: Panram Ninja 16GB DDR3 1600 @2133mhz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB GDDR5 | PSU: EVGA G3 Supernova 650W | CASE: DIYPC Cuboid-G Black.

Kheld
10.27.2015 , 01:35 PM | #27
My friend and I were in a CZ Flashpoint last night, level 65, 208 Gear + Augs.

On first boss, we got wiped in about 10 seconds flat. Tried it a few more times then gave up.
The Force will be with you, always.