Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just removed from a group for being too good

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Just removed from a group for being too good

Cythis
12.25.2011 , 07:46 PM | #11
Didnt even read what you wrote but Im going to go ahead and guess your coming from WOW
Cythis ~

Zalekanzer
12.25.2011 , 07:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Exactly View Post
Lets put it this way, i have never been so frustrated in a video game in my life, that includes nearly 7 years of world of warcraft...

The noobery that went down is simply mind boggling and unexplainable. At my level i am REQUIRED to bounce aggro around so i dont die, with TWO healers on me one specced for healing properly. This is a lvl 23 QUEST not even a flashpoint. I am all about team work and CC, but at this level and without proper marking tools how is that possible? Its a lvl 23 quest and i was even taking **** that i shouldnt be there, and i was lvl 23!
There is a marking system. Right-click the target's portrait, select icon you want to mark them with. Profit.
What level was the rest of your team? Every AC with a healing tree can CC by level 24 at the latest. This CC lasts for 1 minute, has a 1 minute cooldown and breaks on damage.
If your healers are CCing targets and someone in the group is breaking that, then you're going to have a tough time, yes.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Unaki
12.25.2011 , 07:55 PM | #13
To the OP, you are a tank. You did your job. If 2 healers couldn't keep you alive and you were doing a normal pull and not taking on more than what the pull had, then you don't need to worry. I am willing to bet the healers were doing damage and not healing, wasting ammo/force on themselves and not you because with a decent healer of appropriate level, I as a Guardian tank never failed to finish a fight before dying.

Now, granted there were some times where it would be a little better to let someone else take a little bit of the aggro for big pulls if I was taking too much damage but that was rare.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

Exactly
12.25.2011 , 07:57 PM | #14
There is almost no gear with +defense on it at my level. And i have one defensive cooldown of a 20% damage reduction for 12 secs on a 2 min cooldown. Im not gonna do any pve til top level to avoid frustration.

Should we be expected to have all orange/purple gear for these heroic quests? I guess i dont understand biowares stance here. Im not great geared, but not poorly either. I understand what stats are good for my spec and what ones are for DPS.

JimG
12.25.2011 , 07:58 PM | #15
Well, there's really no need for 2 healers unless you guys were going way over your level. With a tank plus 2 healers, then you probably didn't have enough DPS. You may have been playing with some bad players....oftentimes, healers will use AOEs and draw extra aggro and then wonder why they died, lol. However, a tank's job is not to merely draw as much aggro that the tank can handle. The tank's job is to hold and keep aggro off of squishies. So you're not really doing your job if you can't keep the aggro off the healers....although bad gameplay by the others could make your job basically impossible. Whenever I tank for a struggling group, I find it's better to go conservative on pulling aggro and gradually increase it as the group establishes it can handle the aggro.

Exactly
12.25.2011 , 08:00 PM | #16
Quote:
Whenever I tank for a struggling group, I find it's better to go conservative on pulling aggro and gradually increase it as the group establishes it can handle the aggro.

This confuses me greatly, please elaborate.

Aujin
12.25.2011 , 08:20 PM | #17
We (lvl 23-25) kicked a tank from our (Heroic 4) group because he kept braking CC.
He was probably a fine tank, but he kept trying to tank 3-4 guys at a time and expected our group which had two Sith Inquisitors healing, to keep him alive.

Sounds like you just need to increase your knowledge of which classes can CC and what type of CC it is. Here's a head start. Sith Assassins can only CC mobs that are out of combat. 60sec duration.

Froods
12.25.2011 , 11:29 PM | #18
Maybe by "stop aggroing so much" then meant "stop pulling so much" were you pulling multiple packs? Also, 2 healers is too much for a 4man heroic. you'll wind up wiht just one guy doing any sort of DPS.

Deyjarl
12.25.2011 , 11:47 PM | #19
Oh also if you click on your portrait while in a group there are icons there to choose from.
What is your Duty? To serve Emperor's Will.
What is Emperor's Will? That we fight and die.
What is Death? It is our duty.
What is your Duty? ...

NekoNoTejas
12.26.2011 , 12:02 AM | #20
There are a lot of great points on this thread....you should read them, get a cup of chocolate and go back to having fun
∭∭∭∭∭{▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇)