Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just removed from a group for being too good

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Just removed from a group for being too good

oddmyth
01.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Exactly View Post
The noobery that went down is simply mind boggling and unexplainable. At my level i am REQUIRED to bounce aggro around so i dont die, with TWO healers on me one specced for healing properly. This is a lvl 23 QUEST not even a flashpoint. I am all about team work and CC, but at this level and without proper marking tools how is that possible? Its a lvl 23 quest and i was even taking **** that i shouldnt be there, and i was lvl 23!
Your level 23, trying to do a heroic 4 quest with two healers and a tank? I don't think the mobs fall over from you being healed too much. You need DPS. 1 healer, 1 tank, 2 DPS.

How do you not have any CC? What class are you playing? What class were the healers?

There is a marking system. As mentioned.

Mirakk
02.29.2012 , 01:12 PM | #92
Wow, just wow.

Now I know I'm a little lower level than you, but last night I tanked a 4 man Heroic with myself (Level 17 Assassin) and a Sorcerer that was only level 14. No deaths. Just mark targets and use a little CC. Pull small groups, and try to mitigate damage however you can.

GENKILL
02.29.2012 , 04:19 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Exactly View Post
Explain how it could have gone better.

My experiences in this game so far is , i HATE grouping with people.
Pretty much my experience. I prefer grouping within my guild because most of them know whats going on. When I group outside my guild its hit or miss with their competence. As a tank though I end up telling most people what to do (kill order, cc, etc) if they don't seem to know the intricacies of pulling mobs in a group. With people I routinely play with they know what to cc and so on.

In short: Grouping with randoms demands more cooperation. With a known group everyone knows their role.

Amien
02.29.2012 , 04:19 PM | #94
I'll often quit a group if the tank is "Doing his job too well" - Meaning the moron runs through 3 rooms and brings the mobs back to the group. :/

Have no idea that this is what you were doing w/o a screeny/video BUT yes, in the 4 man heroics, make sure you utilize Whirlwind/Flashbang/Sleep dart and even your 4 sec stuns means that 4 secs that the mob isn't hurting you!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

felirx
03.01.2012 , 08:09 AM | #95
All the heroic quests, even the hm4 ones can be duoed with ~2 healing companions, shadow tank and gunnery mercenary. That is from experience. I`m 100% sure there are a lot of other combinations that can pull this off without issues.

tobarstep
03.01.2012 , 08:29 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirakk View Post
Wow, just wow.

Now I know I'm a little lower level than you, but last night I tanked a 4 man Heroic with myself (Level 17 Assassin) and a Sorcerer that was only level 14. No deaths. Just mark targets and use a little CC. Pull small groups, and try to mitigate damage however you can.
Typical SI. Thread necro is a dark side choice.