*Spolier Alert* - Question about Knights of the Fallen Empire Romance

Jatello

**OK - Spoiler alert for all those who haven't yet completed Chapter 9 of the Knights of the Fallen Empire!! Don't Read on if you don't want a spoiler!!!**

OK - so I've completed Chapter 9 - had the party, character arrives and you're given the option to speak to one of your new companions or flirt and speak to one of your companions - since Theron Shan is the one that asks - I thought the flirt was for him - which is not what I wanted so I went with the other non-flirt option - then chose to speak to Lana.

I now know - that if I had chosen to flirt in the first instance - choosing to speak to Lana would have given me a 2nd flirt option which would have started a "Romance" with her - but I didn't get that 2nd flirt option because of my first choice at the party...now i'm rather kicking myself - is there anyway (because I missed that first flirt option) to get the option to start the romance with her now?

Thanks all

Edited by Jatello

If that's true then I've apparently missed the romance with her, as I did what you did...assumed the flirt was for Theran and just picked to talk to Lana. We chatted, and that was it. I have kissed her and almost kissed her before Koth ruined it, and I figured that was enough to get things rolling. I guess we'll see how things go post chapter 9.

I would also like to know this, after Doing a alt character through the story today, realised I missed the flirt option at the party which "locks" you in to Lana's romance, which I really want to get on my Main toon, is this gonna be possible in the future or is there some way of going back and re-doing chapter 9? Anything?

The options are...

I want to talk to one of you.

and

[Flirt] I want to talk to one of you.

Now, it does seem, if you haven't chosen a flirt option with one two of them, it automatically goes to asking the one you did, at least it did with Lana. I'm about to find out on my Warrior for Theron.

Yeah it does rather seem like thats the chance gone at least for now - doesn't seem to be anyway back. So as has been said - guess we have to wait until chapters 10 and beyond are released.

Gutted though :( - note there for E.A - that section of dialogue needs to be a bit clearer so it's obvious your flirting with everyone present initially rather than just with one so you have the opportunity to proceed as you intend with a romance.

I also had the same reaction as Lana was the companion I was romancing and completely thought it was a Theron flirt. The dialog options weren't very clear. It has to do with a flirt option being on Theron when they are usually on the companion you're romancing. It gives the feeling that I'm doing a flirt option with Theron. Hopefully we will be able to pickup our romance option in later chapters.

The flirt option said "one of you" not anyone specific. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but taking that option and then the "[flirt] I was hoping to speak to lana" option is the only way you can get the scene to commit to her romance. During that scene, choosing "[flirt] its not important" will bring up a warning box saying that if you continue with that dialogue choice, you will begin a romance with her. It locks you in right there.

The flirt option said "one of you" not anyone specific. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but taking that option and then the "[flirt] I was hoping to speak to lana" option is the only way you can get the scene to commit to her romance. During that scene, choosing "[flirt] its not important" will bring up a warning box saying that if you continue with that dialogue choice, you will begin a romance with her. It locks you in right there.

I thought it was obvious what it meant as well, but I think you have to pick a flirt option with all three of them at some point for you to get the option to choose between the three. If you choose just one to flirt with, it seems to choose automatically for you.

I thought it was obvious what it meant as well, but I think you have to pick a flirt option with all three of them at some point for you to get the option to choose between the three. If you choose just one to flirt with, it seems to choose automatically for you.

You mean who you want to speak to, or who gets the [flirt] prefex when you say you want to speak to them? I got the choice to [flirt] speak with lana, or just regular speak with theron.

I had to stop and read the choices carefully, but it did say I want to talk to one of you but I did not expect it would immediately go straight to some one, I expected another scene saying who where you would get a choice of Koth, Lana or Theran but it did not it went straight for Lana.

I had to stop and read the choices carefully, but it did say I want to talk to one of you but I did not expect it would immediately go straight to some one, I expected another scene saying who where you would get a choice of Koth, Lana or Theran but it did not it went straight for Lana.

That's weird. I was romancing Lana on my playthrough, but I still had to manually select her after the "[flirt] one of you" dialogue. Was this on a fresh 60, or had you done SoR before on that character?

Edited by PoliteAssasin

That's weird. I was romancing Lana on my playthrough, but I still had to manually select her after the "[flirt] one of you" dialogue. Was this on a fresh 60, or had you done SoR before on that character?

I did SOR on a pre levelled 60. unless I am totally miss remembering.

Did you ever flirt with Koth or Theron? On my first two play throughs I went with the ones who were romancing Lana. I'm not onto one who's romancing Theron, so I have to wait till Chapter IX to start those flirts up again :p

You mean who you want to speak to, or who gets the [flirt] prefex when you say you want to speak to them? I got the choice to [flirt] speak with lana, or just regular speak with theron.

I thought it would go to "Who do you pick Lana, Koth or Theron" when it asked [Flirt] I want to speak to one of you.

It just went to Lana both times, but I figured that was because I never chose any Koth or Theron flirt options. My Warrior is waiting for Theron, so will have to see how that scene plays out there. :)

I thought it would go to "Who do you pick Lana, Koth or Theron" when it asked [Flirt] I want to speak to one of you.

It just went to Lana both times, but I figured that was because I never chose any Koth or Theron flirt options. My Warrior is waiting for Theron, so will have to see how that scene plays out there. :)

I didn't flirt with either of those two guys, I'm straight. :p When I chose "[flirt] I was hoping to speak to one of you" it led to "[flirt] I wanted to speak to lana" and two regular non flirt dialogues: "I wanted to speak to theron" and "forget it". Maybe it was because I was friends with theron? Did you happen to be darkside against him?

I didn't flirt with either of those two guys, I'm straight. :p When I chose "[flirt] I was hoping to speak to one of you" it led to "[flirt] I wanted to speak to lana" and two regular non flirt dialogues: "I wanted to speak to theron" and "forget it". Maybe it was because I was friends with theron? Did you happen to be darkside against him?

Both characters are LS and only the Consular flirted with him in SoR, but both of them were planned to go with Lana. We'll see how it works out with my Warrior, who's planned to go with Theron :)

okay.. i'm interested in this... when do you get the option to romance her?

my [flirt] one of you option only has Koth and Theran, but I want to romance lana, i picked the non-flirt option, and then spoke with Lana, but so far i haven't seen a flirt option turn up. she talks to you in the room, then she asks you to rejoin the party, and escaped the conversation and didn't check if any new option for flirting came up, as i do want to have a romance, and don't want to miss with one of the guys if Lana isn't going to romance me, I want Lana though.. but may not have the choice. I did pick the flirt options earlier, but I also did that with Koth, i tend to pick flirt options cos they always give you influence.

okay.. i'm interested in this... when do you get the option to romance her?

my [flirt] one of you option only has Koth and Theran, but I want to romance lana, i picked the non-flirt option, and then spoke with Lana, but so far i haven't seen a flirt option turn up. she talks to you in the room, then she asks you to rejoin the party, and escaped the conversation and didn't check if any new option for flirting came up, as i do want to have a romance, and don't want to miss with one of the guys if Lana isn't going to romance me, I want Lana though.. but may not have the choice. I did pick the flirt options earlier, but I also did that with Koth, i tend to pick flirt options cos they always give you influence.

How interesting...it is possible that Lana won't romance someone who is so ready to play with her feelings....remember there is no longer affection you raise to certain point and it opens a dialogue with them (or romance if they have). Unless your character wants to act this way imo it is best if you...I don't know...talk normally?

....whatever the case is tell us whether the companions end up hating you please:D

How interesting...it is possible that Lana won't romance someone who is so ready to play with her feelings....remember there is no longer affection you raise to certain point and it opens a dialogue with them (or romance if they have). Unless your character wants to act this way imo it is best if you...I don't know...talk normally?

....whatever the case is tell us whether the companions end up hating you please:D

Exactly. How it should be set up. Why would Lana want to hook up with someone she knows will just hurt her, and flirting back and forth with Koth (and maybe the Sennya flirt) and her would just show the PC doesn't care for her.