Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shifting high level players to lower levels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Shifting high level players to lower levels

PulseRazor
10.30.2015 , 11:28 AM | #21
level synch is the best thing that has ever happened to this game, finally I can actually go back to a planet where I had completed my story and pick up some of the other lore content without chain pulling the entire map so I could aoe burn it to death before the animations could even light up.

I still don't understand why people feel the need to be 50 levels above content, it isn't like its hard, if you want to go through a story without any interaction go read a book.

flesruoykcufog
11.01.2015 , 02:55 PM | #22
Total BS in my opinion...I play mostly solo and most of the time I want to do the story and level up as quick as possible. If I work hard on leveling on one planet, the other planet (like balmorra or tatooine) should be as it was: easier if you are a couple levels higher. That is the benefit of leveling up for god sake. I also liked doing flashpoints solo, but so much for that now. Getting nerfed as a if it were a penalty for going to an earlier planet to finish side missions is rediculous. This was the dumbest idea that has left me deciding if I want to cancel my subscription or not...

marionwatkins
11.01.2015 , 03:15 PM | #23
So i just got back to the game and was having fun playing then i felt like playing my level 55 jugg (got to 55 over a double xp weekened with warzones) and i wanted to finish his story then i find out this gay level shift crap and get my *** kicked in a level 38 mission all i have on my jugg is pvp gear so yeah im not happy with you pretty much just told everyone all that grinding and leveling means nothing because we're gonna make it where a level 15 can kill a level 65.... **** u guys this honestly makes me wanna delete my account and uninstall sndddddd to find out that level 15 npcs can kill me... REALLY

marionwatkins
11.01.2015 , 03:17 PM | #24
And what about the solo players? I cant even do a *********** heroic by my self now when i would level up my charecters i would always make it where i was a few levels higher then my next mission....well so much for that.....who tf outs this in an MMO

Ataxius
11.02.2015 , 12:55 PM | #25
What a garbage feature. I mostly play this game on my own and really enjoyed running through flashpoints or side quests in my down time from previous planets. Will be cancelling my subscription since I basically cannot play my way solo anymore. It was easy enough to level up anyway so don't really see how being artificial lower for the sake of experience is a value add.

Daarkstaar
11.02.2015 , 02:48 PM | #26
It needs to be turned off for doing the world boss quest in chapter 9

VanorDM
11.02.2015 , 02:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by quirmucr View Post
They are not 65 but but are 17/18 on coruscant and for their efforts get synced back. The incentive to level and do it on your own has gone
There's still plenty of reason to level up, and for people on Coruscant, they are unlikely to notice any difference between how it is now, and how it was then.

But even when you're 30+ levels over a given planet it's still not bad. You don't lose any of your abilities and can pretty much stream roll over everything on the planet.

VanorDM
11.02.2015 , 02:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Daarkstaar View Post
It needs to be turned off for doing the world boss quest in chapter 9
That's one of the main reasons it was put into the game.

VanorDM
11.02.2015 , 02:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataxius View Post
I mostly play this game on my own and really enjoyed running through flashpoints or side quests in my down time from previous planets.
Exactly what could you do before you can't do now?

You can do most of the FP's solo even with level sync, and now they actually give you XP. You can still do heroic 2+ without any issue. You can do side missions as well if not better than before.

deathowen
11.02.2015 , 10:45 PM | #30
This is a dumb addition to the MMO swtor game it ruins it for us high lvl players that have perks of being the higher lvl now lvl means nothing and a lot of people will start Quicking this game because it will not be fun anymore BIO WARE plz plz Fix this