Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shifting high level players to lower levels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Shifting high level players to lower levels

wowskyrim
10.24.2015 , 11:00 PM | #1
OK this is a very irritating update. I don't see any good reason you should take away high level player's advantages just because we visit a low level planet or mission. Working hours on hours to get a high level character should not be taken from us. I'm annoyed when i visit korriban and become a level 12, I'm annoyed when i go to a flashpoint that was hard as a low level but mannagable as a high level reduces my level to a lower level. This is a stupid addition to an MMO and I really hope you guys get rid of this. It's not cool at all and i understand some players like it for leveling but it's pointless for level capped players. You should not limit and take away powers from higher level players. I hate losing my level advantages period. I've loved playing this game since the level cap was just 50 but this update on level shifting killed my vibe and i'm sure other players could agree. Please consider removing the level shifting. It was really a stupid idea. Especially for pvp servers. Thank you.
Darth Revan is the true dark lord of the sith!!!

SuperGrunt
10.24.2015 , 11:30 PM | #2
I see where you are coming from, but I think that the Level Sync system is actually quite good. It actually lets us go back to lower level planets and level up from the content as if it is level relevant for the character you are playing on. It also eliminates the disadvantages from playing with your friends who are at max level when you are still leveling up. Honestly all of the content was perfectly manageable at level relevant levels provided you where not attempting to solo group content, and I was perfectly capable of soloing Corellian and Belsavis Heroic 2+ in post 4.0 conditions on my Sorcerer healer with a tank spec companion, considering the fact that I was tanking more than the companion was anyway I'll be using DPS spec on my companions from now on so that things die faster. If you are dying then you might need to learn to use the Heroic Moment more often now. I'm pretty much able to use it all the time, just don't wait until you are about to die to pop that thing. I hope that helps you out.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Wolverak
10.25.2015 , 01:00 AM | #3
Lvl shifting should be an option not forced upon the player. maybe some people like to gather materials or just run around low areas with out being bothered with trash npcs that have no meaning anymore. there are plenty of other games out there that give an option to drop your lvl down to a friends lvl so you can lvl with them. when your done you can undo it and lvl be back to where you normally are. this lvl shifting crap is going to end up killing the game for me. i want to beable to hit my daily and weekly quests with speed. not have to kill everything i come across just to get somewhere as if im still low lvl. specially when i have 10 chars I run daily / weekly quests with.

Albertwang
10.25.2015 , 01:39 PM | #4
I love it because those crafting farmers should work for gathering their materials. This was a good idea.

AoseTades
10.25.2015 , 03:10 PM | #5
Level sync should be activated when you get grouped. Not running around solo. If you want to help guildmates level, then group and get the level sync. People shouldnt be forced into having their level nerfed because they went to a lower level planet

SpoliaOpima
10.26.2015 , 02:40 PM | #6
I am absolutely opposed to this concept of level sync! Not only is it a very poor attempt at play balance, but it makes doing achievements that you had to by pass because it needed a full group to accomplish. If SW doesn't answer my comments in the help window in game I will delete my account & seek out a game that is more appropriate to the concept of an MMORPG - This game is following WoW and their stupidity of play balancing. That thought/concept made WoW a boring game. SW is now headed in the same direction.

ThunderVamp
10.26.2015 , 08:01 PM | #7
Yeah, this level shifting sucks. Should be an option, or enabled when I'm grouped with a lower level player, but getting aggro from trash mobs while I run around a low level planet at level 65 because I'm shifted down is crapfest and not fun.

AoseTades
10.26.2015 , 10:13 PM | #8
Level sync was done so you can do quests now on any planet and get rewards and exp no mmatter what level you are, and to stop the ganking. Now what Ive noticed tonight, is that lower level players are taking advantage of this and now grouping up to gank higher level players on lower level planets. So what did we actually solve? This level sync is like being a Jedi master, then being demoted to a padawan because you went back to tython.

wowskyrim
10.27.2015 , 02:28 AM | #9
This update has a love/hate from the community and i get what people mean by leveling up by going back to older planets but when you're level capped and really don't care anyway it sucks when a level 15 mob can hurt your health when you're roaming around. I also think it's stupid for someone to return to a low level planet to level up. You're supposed to go to the higher level planet as you progress. If anything we should have the option to turn this off. Everyone knows that once you level cap the game can be relatively boring so if i as a high level want to screw around on a low level planet and be like a god to them then i should have that option, i earned that through leveling. I dont like this level sync, and if i were a low level i would much rather have someone ranked as a high level just demolish every mob there for me in a group so it goes faster. I see the idea of this update but i hate it. Stop nerfing higher level players for the noobs. I really hope they change this soon or ill just cancel my subscription. This update was a fail when it comes to level shifting. Please fix this.
Darth Revan is the true dark lord of the sith!!!

quirmucr
10.27.2015 , 06:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wowskyrim View Post
This update has a love/hate from the community and i get what people mean by leveling up by going back to older planets but when you're level capped and really don't care anyway it sucks when a level 15 mob can hurt your health when you're roaming around. I also think it's stupid for someone to return to a low level planet to level up. You're supposed to go to the higher level planet as you progress. If anything we should have the option to turn this off. Everyone knows that once you level cap the game can be relatively boring so if i as a high level want to screw around on a low level planet and be like a god to them then i should have that option, i earned that through leveling. I dont like this level sync, and if i were a low level i would much rather have someone ranked as a high level just demolish every mob there for me in a group so it goes faster. I see the idea of this update but i hate it. Stop nerfing higher level players for the noobs. I really hope they change this soon or ill just cancel my subscription. This update was a fail when it comes to level shifting. Please fix this.
ok so we have level sync and maybe we are stuck with it for the time being. My concern is for a new low level player in my guild enjoying the story and getting fun from levelling and then finding that they are level synced for the planet they are on. They are not 65 but but are 17/18 on coruscant and for their efforts get synced back. The incentive to level and do it on your own has gone