Space and Starfighter Themed Decos Please!

JediBoadicea

First off, I want to thank the devs for putting so many new decos in the game with 4.0! It's been a delight to collect so many new things, and to have so many additional things to look forward to as events come back. And for an MMO's health, giving us a reason to want to grind is a good thing. :)

But I was really disappointed to discover that there is absolutely nothing new to buy with Fleet Commendations. It's Star Wars, for pity's sake - give us some starfighter themed things! I realize that people having Fleet Comms to spend is not as common as people having crystals or Warzone comms, and I understand that incentivizing people to participate in the events when they come around is the goal with all the new Event Vendor decorations... but there are GSF players out there who still regularly earn Fleet Comms and have nothing to spend them on. And that might incentivize the Stronghold fans to give GSF a try!

I think there are plenty of things you could offer for space and starfighter themed decos:

1. Artwork. This is the easiest. The event vendors have several pieces of artwork that look like concept art sketches. Surely there are plenty of starfighter concept art sketches that could be made into deco Artwork very easily! It should also be easy to create Artwork decos of the class ships (Fury, Defender, Freighter, etc).

2. Astromech droids. So far we have an astromech serving drinks, and an astromech putting out fires, but how about a simple astromech as is fitting in a garage or with a ship? Or he could have a welding tool out or something.

3. Pilots. Like the astromech, this could be personnel. Just a dude or two in pilots' outfits. Perhaps some in Republic uniform, some in Imperial uniform? Starfighter "technician" personnel would work too. "Technician" personnel would also work well in an information center setting.

4. Ship Holo Displays. This could either be as pedestals (like the terminals on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas that open up your GSF hangar), or more tables like the Slicer's Planning Table with the projected ship (except maybe, instead of the lockboxes, with a random assortment of tools or little flyer versions of the GSF propaganda art).

I'm sure there are plenty of other good ideas people could contribute, but I thought I'd keep it short and sweet to start with.

Please, give us something to spend those Fleet Comms on - simultaneously giving us a reason to farm them, and allowing us to create more classic Star Warsy starfighting themes in our Strongholds.:hope_01:

Edited by JediBoadicea

Along the same lines, more spaceships would be cool.

It would be nice to have some medium / centerpiece sized spaceships, like full-sized starfighters or small shuttles, so a landing pad could be switched to the centerpiece block and have a few ships scattered around it for busier spaceport look.

I have been very keen on both GSF and Strongholds ever since they launched. I agree very much with this post and would really love to see more exclusive GSF decorations from the Fleet Commendations vendor. Despite having been completely neglected for the past year or so, the GSF community remains loyal and consistent on many servers. There are a lot of players racking up Fleet comms with very little options for spending. Starfighter artwork would be awesome. Also, additional space-themed artwork would be great as well. Animated personnel such as astromech droids, technicians, systems operators and flight crew would all do wonders to greatly enhance strongholds. Decorating is a very fun addition to this game and I want to see the developers expand more on this.

My big hope is that maybe they will shift their focus back to GSF in the coming months that would include new starfighter themed decorations as part of it.

Edited by Sorrai

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

With the QoL updates this patch around strongholds, I have to come back to this plea for more "Space" and "Starfighter" themed decorations.

With the newest Alliance CM packs we seem to be getting a lot of science/lab themed stuff... microscopes, centrifuges, research lights, etc. These are appreciated (all decos are)... and yet still there just aren't many decos themed to starships - which, aside from lightsabers, are absolutely the most iconic visual hooks (and story devices) of Star Wars in general!

The game already has most of these assets. I see so many basic little holo terminals/pedestals that project starfighter designs. These would be awesome!

Or the many monitor/displays that show ship silhouettes.

Or, as I mentioned in the original post, just some freakin' artwork for crying out loud!!! If you can slap rakghoul concept sketches into a frame, surely you can do the same for GSF concept sketches?

My poor, poor Fleet Comms... they just accumulate with nothing to spend them on. :(:( :( :(

But hey, if I want massive spider egg sacs, I'm golden... :confused:

Edited by JediBoadicea

I would like to have full-sized astromech droids, rather than the mini-droids we get from pet decos.

I would love to have small fighter craft that don't hover over a metal base, making them look like display pieces.

More Trophy decorations based on space and starfighter missions would be awesome, perhaps for achieving a certain score in each one (or just finishing it without blowing up). I would love to have wall art of the ice fields, for example.

Let's have a small and medium wall hook decoration version of every ship model that we can get as pets, just like "Model: Ebon Hawk". The models for the ships are already available.

More pilot NPCs would be nice, but honestly ANY new NPCs would be fantastic, especially ones that move a little or perform a minor animation. Too many of them are life-like statues. Some sitting/seated NPCs would be nice, too, on a variety of chairs (IE: cantina stools, basic metal chairs, etc.).

I would also like to have the tables from Basic Lounge, Executive's Lounge, and Spacer's Lounge... separate from the rest of the arrangement.

Here are some other ideas --

* A table with a hologram of a solar system floating above it.

* More and smaller shelves of starship parts and tools.

* A wall decoration of a food processor unit. (Insta-food is a staple of sci-fi.)

* Shelves as wall decorations (wall shelving, not free standing), with a variety of odd/interesting objects on them.

* Posters of beautiful nebulae, comets, and other celestial phenomena.

* Posters or other wall art with the schematics of space ships, stations, and robots.

* A wall cabinet that holds space/environmental suits.

* A wall cabinet with breathing masks (the Millenium Falcon has a bunch of these).

* A hydroponic greenhouse. Not only are these awesome for space ships (because who doesn't like to produce their own food and air), they're great for extremely urban worlds (such as Coruscant that doesn't seem to have a farm anywhere on the entire planet).

Most of all, I would like to have a couple of versions of the Dejarik table with critter holograms on top, as though someone was playing an active game.

Edited by Xina_LA

I second this! Some of us folks love being able to design a true "starfighter's lounge" especially in our hangars and the guild flagship! Adding some fleet comm deco's would really help boost GSF activity and would really give us pilots something to chew on between the pops!

Great post, and good to see you Derrad! Come visit me!

I'm bumping this up. This post is an excellent idea for helping to incentivize and revitalize interest and enthusiasm for GSF. I have seen a depressing trend in GSF community decline on many servers lately. More and more people seem to be migrating to Harbinger out of frustration for slower queue times on their home servers.

I feel a tremendous amount of resentment and frustration toward the game developers for depriving the GSF community of any new content. The addition of GSF and space-themed decorations would at least offer us a tiny sliver of appeasement. More importantly, Starfighter and space-themed decorations are just plain cool. It would be completely appropriate to make them exclusive to Fleet Commendation vendors.

I thought a couple more space and starfighter deco ideas, so here goes!

• A rolling ladder that pilots would use to get up into their cockpits. Hopefully the height will match the existing starfighter decos.
  • Some "Pilots Lounge" type signs, for small and medium wall hooks.
  • Large glass display cases, both tall and long. Some could look like fish tanks while others resemble Armor Stand: Zakuul Knight (empty). We can overlap this with existing objects to put just about anything in a case. In particular, we could put our model starship pets inside them to make fancy ship displays. We could also put Incomplete Skytrooper Chassis and other cool stuff inside.
  • Pilot/captain's chairs like we have in our ships, perhaps with a worn an retired look.
  • Squadron banners with a variety of symbols and colors, perhaps with names in Aurebesh.
  • Fighter pilot memorial statue.
  • A cluster of Imperial and Republic ships frozen in battle, lit up as a ceiling light decoration.
  • Wall art of matching ships flying upward in a V formation (can use existing ship models).
  • Wall case displaying combat ribbons and/or medals.
  • Coffee table with a pilot's helmet and gloves lying on it.
  • Work table similar to "Droid Engineer's Workbench" with tools and parts for fixing ships.
  • Astromech and other droids doing "repair" things, like welding, similar to "Emergency Response Droid" but without the constant stream of water.
  • Deployed (possibly crashed) ejection seat as an outdoor decoration.

Edited by Xina_LA

I love all of the ideas people are posting.

And as regards artwork decos, while I've been mostly suggesting GSF concept art, I'm sure there's also tons of really gorgeous concept art for all of the original Space missions. Whatever else one wants to say about those Space missions, they've always been very pretty to look at! I would love artwork of a starship flying through those ice fields, for example...