Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Combo of Skills

xioix
12.13.2011 , 08:45 AM | #11
Diplomacy really for Biochem? Isn't splicing kind of necessary to build credits early on and other features?

AngelousWang
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Boissi View Post
Is there no point in taking Slicing instead of Underworld Trading if you're going for cybertech? I know you also get cyber schematics from Slicing, and I kind of like the idea of having slicing for flashpoints and for all the extra money, but if Underworld Trading is really important for Cybertech... then I guess I'm stuck with that. Anyone with experience have anything to say?
You need both Scavenging/Underworld Trading for mats. Underworld Trading and slicing may both provide schematics but slicing does not give mats.

You need to be able to farm your own mats, especially since Underworld Trading are the rarer mats (Scavenging are the normal mats). So you won't be self sufficient as you will ahve to buy them and buying them will be expensive.

Quote: Originally Posted by xioix View Post
Diplomacy really for Biochem? Isn't splicing kind of necessary to build credits early on and other features?
It only provides mats for Biochem, therefore it is Biochem only.
CE VIP

Boissi
12.13.2011 , 08:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
You need both Scavenging/Underworld Trading for mats. Underworld Trading and slicing may both provide schematics but slicing does not give mats.

You need to be able to farm your own mats, especially since Underworld Trading are the rarer mats (Scavenging are the normal mats). So you won't be self sufficient as you will ahve to buy them and buying them will be expensive.
Right, that's a bit of a bummer, but alright. I wasn't sure if UW trading offered anything unique, or was just another way of getting things. I guess I'll go with trading and get slicing and gathering skills on one of my alts.

Shizuo
12.13.2011 , 09:16 AM | #14
I'm a smuggler going with Armormech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading. I was torn between Investigation and UT initially (based on some early info that had Investigation feeding into Armormech), but it seems like UT will ultimately be more beneficial.
"People always tell you, 'Shoot first, ask questions later.'
But me, I've learned to multi-task, 'cause dead marks don't talk."
xoxo Grimmfeather

Aurasira
12.13.2011 , 09:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
There is no point taking any other combo, you will just gimp yourself.

Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy
= This creates reusable med packs, reusable stim packs and implants. This makes it pretty much the single best combo for Tanks as it basically gives you infinite consumables (though they have long cooldowns) and Implants give the best status bonuses for Endurance and Armour Rating.
I had been thinking of going this route myself, but other places I've seen descriptions for doing the Biochem thing have Underworld Trading in place of Diplomacy. Is either one really better/worse than the other? Pro's and Con's of each?

Appreciate the post, as it helps those of us who barely got to dabble in crafting in the beta.
- "Dead or alive? Just tell me which one pays the most....."

AngelousWang
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurasira View Post
I had been thinking of going this route myself, but other places I've seen descriptions for doing the Biochem thing have Underworld Trading in place of Diplomacy. Is either one really better/worse than the other? Pro's and Con's of each?

Appreciate the post, as it helps those of us who barely got to dabble in crafting in the beta.
Diplomacy provided mats for Biochem, Underworld Trading doesn't.

If you want to be to craft anything better than green gear you'll need Diplomacy (or have to pay allot for mats).

All the re-usable items are blue and purple quality by the way.
CE VIP

boothek
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xioix View Post
Diplomacy gives the rare mats needed for Biochem.

Xeromancerz
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #18
Slicing + Investigation + Treasure Hunting is better than something like Bioanlysis + Arch + Scavenging/Slicing?

Kailaurius
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #19
I'll be doing Slicing/Scavenging/Archaeology until 50 for the creds, then I'll be doing Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy for heals etc.

daiominai
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #20
Thanks for the write up, this deserves a sticky