Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back


Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
11.04.2015 , 11:08 AM | #31
I'd support it being optional.

I'm mostly here for the story, so if its a quest I've never run before I'd rather have my character interact with quest givers before and after. On the other hand if I'm running through a heroic I've already done umpteen times with that character, I'd rather just get the quest rewards without the character interaction.

Prior to the update I was really digging the story on Oricon, but ran Dread Fortress for the first time after the update. It was a bit jarring to just get crystals and an attaboy at the conclusion of DF after there had been so much story content leading into it. I'm guessing there was some interaction with a quest giving NPC there that was scrapped?

Elizar_Naki's Avatar


Elizar_Naki
11.04.2015 , 06:15 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
I'd support it being optional.

I'm mostly here for the story, so if its a quest I've never run before I'd rather have my character interact with quest givers before and after. On the other hand if I'm running through a heroic I've already done umpteen times with that character, I'd rather just get the quest rewards without the character interaction.

Prior to the update I was really digging the story on Oricon, but ran Dread Fortress for the first time after the update. It was a bit jarring to just get crystals and an attaboy at the conclusion of DF after there had been so much story content leading into it. I'm guessing there was some interaction with a quest giving NPC there that was scrapped?
Wait, THAT was scrapped too? Crap, Dread Fortress was where I left off when I left the first time. Now I get to worry about how/when I can even do that op since they upped its level (and changed how you can even queue for ops in the first place), but I also miss out on the wrap-up--presumably for that and all the other ops I'm late to the party for? This has REALLY gone too far if it extends into endgame content too.
"The Force isn't supposed to be a quick solution to every problem...although it does help."

"Peace through fear and suppression of freedom isn't peace worth having."

Jerqa's Avatar


Jerqa
11.04.2015 , 06:37 PM | #33
/signed

I like for them to at least be brought back as optional.
Click here and get a free 7 day subscription, a bundle pack for each character and a free transfer!
Rules & Information

lKile's Avatar


lKile
11.04.2015 , 07:21 PM | #34
That is what this thread is meant for, to claim making optional the cutscenes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elizar_Naki View Post
Wait, THAT was scrapped too? Crap, Dread Fortress was where I left off when I left the first time. Now I get to worry about how/when I can even do that op since they upped its level (and changed how you can even queue for ops in the first place), but I also miss out on the wrap-up--presumably for that and all the other ops I'm late to the party for? This has REALLY gone too far if it extends into endgame content too.
Well, as far as I know, at the end of Dread Fortess, you hear Brontes complaining before She becomes a Force Ghost. After that, nothing. I don't know if there is a breadcrumb for Dread Fortress or something, I'm pretty sure it is. All the breadcrumbs still exists in the game. (FP mainly in the planets, except end game flashpoints that are located in the fleet, and OPS breadcrumbs that are also in the fleet). The only quest-giver that seems to have disappeared is General Conlath, Section X questgiver in the Republic fleet. I've asked BW where He is supposed to be, still no answer.

lKile's Avatar


lKile
11.23.2015 , 04:39 AM | #35
Bump!

Ajuma's Avatar


Ajuma
11.24.2015 , 02:47 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by lKile View Post
As far as I've tested, Dailies are being affected too, there is no more returning quest cutscene. Again, BioWare, please, make it OPTIONAL. Cutting content is not what players like, really.
NO ONE I HATE more than idiots who want to watch every damn cut scene on pointless crap, Please delete your game and do us a favor

DarthPhenex's Avatar


DarthPhenex
11.24.2015 , 06:14 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ajuma View Post
NO ONE I HATE more than idiots who want to watch every damn cut scene on pointless crap, Please delete your game and do us a favor
For one, its solo content, two, calling people idiots who enjoy all the cut scenes that exist/existed that made this game great, is just immature. Last, if you don't want to watch them you never had to, thats why they gave you the "option" to space bar!
"Peace is a Lie, there is only Passion" - Sith Code: line 1

hondala's Avatar


hondala
11.24.2015 , 06:15 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPhenex View Post
For one, its solo content, two, calling people idiots who enjoy all the cut scenes that exist/existed that made this game great, is just immature. Last, if you don't want to watch them you never had to, thats why they gave you the "option" to space bar!
agreed

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
11.24.2015 , 06:48 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPhenex View Post
For one, its solo content, two, calling people idiots who enjoy all the cut scenes that exist/existed that made this game great, is just immature. Last, if you don't want to watch them you never had to, thats why they gave you the "option" to space bar!
People who don't want cutscenes also want *instant* gratifications - and that as fast as possible, please ! No cutscenes dividing them from their well-earned treasure / quest reward !

I believe that there is a direct correlation between not wanting any cutscenes and wanting instant gratification - with the Heroic being merely a "wall" between those players and the instant gratification.

Story players do want cutscenes - because they are part of the quest's STORY.
And they can wait for the gratification, too. They are not in a hurry.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

lKile's Avatar


lKile
11.24.2015 , 12:19 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ajuma View Post
NO ONE I HATE more than idiots who want to watch every damn cut scene on pointless crap, Please delete your game and do us a favor
This comment doesnt even deserve an elaborate reply. Don't feed the troll people.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
People who don't want cutscenes also want *instant* gratifications - and that as fast as possible, please ! No cutscenes dividing them from their well-earned treasure / quest reward !

I believe that there is a direct correlation between not wanting any cutscenes and wanting instant gratification - with the Heroic being merely a "wall" between those players and the instant gratification.

Story players do want cutscenes - because they are part of the quest's STORY.
And they can wait for the gratification, too. They are not in a hurry.
Absolutely agree. Story players look for the story, because the gratification itself comes from cutscenes and dialogs. Quest rewards are secondary, at least for me. That's way I'm so disappointed with the Heroics change (Now they are only for farming Alliance resources) and the remove of Section X questgiver from the fleet.

Still more upset with Heroics. Instead of making new content for farming Alliance resources, they recovered old content and changed it. Lazy job for my modest opinion.