Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back

Khevar
05.12.2016 , 08:37 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeTone View Post
No thanks.

I just want fast credits and comms.
Seems like you only saw the title, didn't bother to read anything substantive in the thread itself, and then tossed off your disagreement in ignorance of what actually being suggested.

Which is:

1. If you pick up the heroic mission from the terminal, it auto-completes as currently implemented in 4.0.
2. BUT, if you pick up the heroic mission from the quest giver (with an opening conversation), you turn it back into the quest giver (with a closing conversation).

This gives the people like you who want "just fast credits and comms" a way to grind the content, but still allows the people who like the story and conversations to experience them.

LeeTone
05.12.2016 , 11:51 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Seems like you only saw the title, didn't bother to read anything substantive in the thread itself, and then tossed off your disagreement in ignorance of what actually being suggested.

Which is:

1. If you pick up the heroic mission from the terminal, it auto-completes as currently implemented in 4.0.
2. BUT, if you pick up the heroic mission from the quest giver (with an opening conversation), you turn it back into the quest giver (with a closing conversation).

This gives the people like you who want "just fast credits and comms" a way to grind the content, but still allows the people who like the story and conversations to experience them.
This thread is 12 pages. I'm not going to read past the OP.

The majority want fast and instant gratification which is why BW has continued the trend with double XP, boosted class missions, instant level 60, bis gear in highlighted ops, and autocomplete heroics.
Cuo 65 Guardian | Sago 65 Shadow | Vuo 65 Juggernaut | Aoei 65 Scoundrel

Harbinger

TheRandomno
05.13.2016 , 10:51 AM | #123
This thread is 12 pages. I'm not going to read past the OP.
Quote: Originally Posted by lKile (in the OP) View Post
So the easiest way to make everyone happy is MAKE IT OPTIONAL. If you want to watch the cutscene, do it, and if you want to return the quest as fast as possible, do it.
5char
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard (somewhat dead)
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

Khevar
05.13.2016 , 12:59 PM | #124
I'm not going to read past the OP.
You didn't read past the title.

Nika_Alexandrov
05.13.2016 , 08:36 PM | #125
/signed
I don't think that person even reads at all and is indicative of the problem itself. By the way 4.4 didn't bring back the cutscenes at all they've yet to bring back Imperial Scholar or Mantellian either for that matter! One would really think bioware would want to keep setting itself apart from WoW or other MMOS by giving us story content instead of just pathetic grinds.

Take a good long look at the flashpoints as well as the heroics you no longer get anything other than a few garbage crystals no point in paying seventy bucks a month if their going to just keep screwing people over in favor very bad expediency.
Zzzz sleepy...g'way

DarthDymond
05.13.2016 , 11:20 PM | #126
I would definitely like it if they gave us the cutscenes back when the missions are picked up from the original NPC / terminal, and gave us back the breadcrumb missions to SecX, Black Hole, etc.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Nika_Alexandrov
05.16.2016 , 03:56 PM | #127
The breadcrumb idea was fun and would love for that to return as well. As for those who are too impatient just spacebar it
Zzzz sleepy...g'way

Nika_Alexandrov
05.18.2016 , 01:42 AM | #128
Just tried doing 'Friends of Old' no point to it thanks ever so much lazy devs who turned a good product into a more mediocre mist of pandara wow inspired game.
Zzzz sleepy...g'way

AlrikFassbauer
05.18.2016 , 02:03 PM | #129
THey cut everything because of this philosophy : http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/11/st...-in-less-time/

"People want to do more in less time", they believe.

Solution : Reduce gameplay time by simply cutting away cutscenes ...

This reminds me a lot of the message of the Disney / Pixar movie "Cars". The first one.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Nika_Alexandrov
05.18.2016 , 02:14 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
THey cut everything because of this philosophy : http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/11/st...-in-less-time/

"People want to do more in less time", they believe.

Solution : Reduce gameplay time by simply cutting away cutscenes ...

This reminds me a lot of the message of the Disney / Pixar movie "Cars". The first one.
In short they went with the Warcraft mists of pandara approach. Yeah no wonder many people are miffed...considering their vaunted claim to offer story and choices in the game.
Zzzz sleepy...g'way