Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back


aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
02.11.2016 , 06:56 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by lKile View Post
I know, what I was complainning in the previous post, mate, is exactly that they removed the breadcrumbs in the fleets. These NPCs gave you the quests that lead you to the NPCs in the planets. It was a cutscene with a little bit of dialogue explainning the situation. And the removed it...
Reading your comment again, it seems you want to be able to leave planet, go to fleet, then back to planet. I get it, and I think I only ever used one of the fleet guys on an alt once, since I already knew where the quest givers were and would either do the content or not (depending on how much of a grind I wanted to continue instead of just getting the hell off planet if I'd had enough of it at that point). I agree with you if the content is already voiced there is absolutely zero reason to remove the content. It's a redundant bit of content, but again, there is absolutely ZERO gain or loss from them just leaving it as it was.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

lKile's Avatar


lKile
02.14.2016 , 01:07 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Reading your comment again, it seems you want to be able to leave planet, go to fleet, then back to planet. I get it, and I think I only ever used one of the fleet guys on an alt once, since I already knew where the quest givers were and would either do the content or not (depending on how much of a grind I wanted to continue instead of just getting the hell off planet if I'd had enough of it at that point). I agree with you if the content is already voiced there is absolutely zero reason to remove the content. It's a redundant bit of content, but again, there is absolutely ZERO gain or loss from them just leaving it as it was.
Excuse me, I wanted to answer you on friday, but I had a crazy weekend. And yeah, it is exactly what you are saying. It's true that it is quite redundant, but the purpose is making an introduction to what are you going to find in this bonus series. If everyone consider it redundant, they should had removed it before launch back in 2012, not now, because, if you read the whole list I made, I feel like they are removing a lot of old content UNNECESARILY. Content that we can experiment and doesnt harm the current game at all.

I feel like this thread should be in another forum section, so the devs can read us as know that we don't like removed content...

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
02.14.2016 , 03:02 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by lKile View Post
If everyone consider it redundant, they should had removed it before launch back in 2012, not now, because, if you read the whole list I made, I feel like they are removing a lot of old content UNNECESARILY. Content that we can experiment and doesnt harm the current game at all.
/totally signed
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Sukhrajsgh's Avatar


Sukhrajsgh
02.22.2016 , 09:44 AM | #104
Signed.

I too really miss the cutscenes. The reason I started playing SWTOR in the first place was because of the cinematic story telling. That was what got me hooked. I really hated it when they removed the cutscenes and the quest givers in some cases.

I really enjoyed the cutscenes from the heroic quest both when relieving and turning in the quest. I understand that sometimes people simply want to quick finish the quest and get on with the game, but they should have just made OPTIONAL, which allows some player to skip the cutscenes if they want to.

Now they moved the bonus series quest givers to the fleet and only have it trigger at level 60, which is pointless seeing as they have locked our levels based on the planet. It would have been better to simply allow do the bonus series while on planet rather than having to go to the fleet and then go back to the planet. Just place the npc quest givers somewhere we can spot on the planet, and have it trigger, once we have finished the main storyline quests on the planet.

I'm actually really surprised by this becasue when the launched KOTFE, Bioware said it was a return to cinematic story telling, then they went and removed the cutscenes for the heroic, after completing it by auto completing the mission, and they removed the quest givers for section X and black hole from the fleet.

I really hope that they will restore the npc quest givers and allow us to once more have the cutscenes both when receiving and turning in the completed quest.

It really makes no sense to say its a return to cinematic story telling and then removing a significant part of the content. It makes the whole statement of "returning to cinematic story telling" propaganda they had going on pointless.

Hopefully, they will take steps to correct this on the next patch.
Want to get 7 days extentsion to your subscription, prefered player bundle and free character transfer? Then click on this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SRcVxX

Sukhrajsgh's Avatar


Sukhrajsgh
03.21.2016 , 07:24 PM | #105
Does not look like they have any changes in regards to the cut scenes, though we can now get the codex entries upon completing the heroic missions.

Still I hope they will look into a way that will allow us the have the cut scenes while we are leveling our characters or at least install an option that allows us to the option on whether or not we want the cut scenes.
Want to get 7 days extentsion to your subscription, prefered player bundle and free character transfer? Then click on this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SRcVxX

lKile's Avatar


lKile
04.15.2016 , 01:13 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Sukhrajsgh View Post
Signed.
I'm actually really surprised by this becasue when the launched KOTFE, Bioware said it was a return to cinematic story telling, then they went and removed the cutscenes for the heroic, after completing it by auto completing the mission, and they removed the quest givers for section X and black hole from the fleet.

I really hope that they will restore the npc quest givers and allow us to once more have the cutscenes both when receiving and turning in the completed quest.

It really makes no sense to say its a return to cinematic story telling and then removing a significant part of the content. It makes the whole statement of "returning to cinematic story telling" propaganda they had going on pointless.

Hopefully, they will take steps to correct this on the next patch.
I have to completely agree with you, let's keep this thread alive so we can change the developer's minds and make a better Heroic Quest system for us to enjoy (: Don't give up hope!


Quote: Originally Posted by Sukhrajsgh View Post
Does not look like they have any changes in regards to the cut scenes, though we can now get the codex entries upon completing the heroic missions.

Still I hope they will look into a way that will allow us the have the cut scenes while we are leveling our characters or at least install an option that allows us to the option on whether or not we want the cut scenes.
Indeed, we can now get the codex entries (finally).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Experiencing the last two major updates with their respective characters, there hasn't been any changes regarding the history and cutscenes in the game, as far as I know.

Seeing the success of this thread (more than 8K views), the developers should have noticed the disagreement and the frustration we have in order to experience old content as it should be. Please, keep suggesting your ideas to improve this mechanic and let's wait for a dev reply. I'm sure they will notice soon.

Meanwhile, I'M STILL WAITING FOR GENERAL CONLATH IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE THE GAME. So, damn it, toggle it on, PLEASE!! I've been even thinking about making my own private server only to play the old TOR, and I'm pretty sure BioWare are not interested in that, so please, just toggle the Section X questigver again.

Finally, if you haven't entered this thread, I suggest to read the previous pages to learn about the nature of this thread!

davegl's Avatar


davegl
04.15.2016 , 05:40 PM | #107
Completely agree.

I recently returned and this really bugs me. It just seems so unnecessary to completely remove content , however seemingly minor (over the entire game it would amount to a fair chunck of voice and cutscene work just thrown away).

When I first heard they were doing this I assumed the 'return' cutscenes would work as before if you picked the quest up from an npc, it would just auto complete if you got it from the terminal (which makes perfect sense).

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
04.17.2016 , 05:27 AM | #108
SWTOR of today just isn't SWTOR of when I started it. I would advice people not to play it, because a lot of story was removed with the removal of these cutscenes.

They were meant to make this universe a "living, breathing" universe, fuill with individual stories.

Now, individual stories just don't matter anymore. At least not on the lower levels. Everything has become a big tunnel to level 65 to get pushed through.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

lKile's Avatar


lKile
04.18.2016 , 07:24 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by davegl View Post
Completely agree.

I recently returned and this really bugs me. It just seems so unnecessary to completely remove content , however seemingly minor (over the entire game it would amount to a fair chunck of voice and cutscene work just thrown away).

When I first heard they were doing this I assumed the 'return' cutscenes would work as before if you picked the quest up from an npc, it would just auto complete if you got it from the terminal (which makes perfect sense).
When 4.0 came out, they did not warn us properly. In the patch notes you can read that the Heroic Mission system would suffer a great change, but there is not any single phrase explainning that some cutscenes and voice acting will be removed. And, and you say, it is completely unnecessary. Let's hope they change this feature and add the missing content in the near future.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
SWTOR of today just isn't SWTOR of when I started it. I would advice people not to play it, because a lot of story was removed with the removal of these cutscenes.

They were meant to make this universe a "living, breathing" universe, fuill with individual stories.

Now, individual stories just don't matter anymore. At least not on the lower levels. Everything has become a big tunnel to level 65 to get pushed through.
Sad but true. Most of the good story was part of this Heroic quests. I was interested in the story the first time I did them, and I want to replay them whenever I want. If I want to farm some Alliance crates, I would go for the terminal option, of course, but the first time I do them, I would like to know the complete story of the quest. And that's the problem for the newcomers who don't have the option to pick and return the quest properly.

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
04.18.2016 , 08:14 AM | #110
A option would have been nice, however as far as we know it could have been a either or problem and that the game can't handle doing them both, if this was the case then since they are a major use for alliance lockboxes these players want no fuss heroics and don't want to keep returning to quest givers.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock