Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easy way to avoid out leveling content!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Easy way to avoid out leveling content!

javatroyz
12.25.2011 , 06:28 PM | #1
When leveling up your character you dont need to take every side quest. Leave them for alts and level them up faster on the next go around.

If your out leveling content its NOT Biowares fault they are giving you the option and you are taking every quest and thats okay, but don't blame them for rewarding you!

javatroyz

DWarrior
12.25.2011 , 06:30 PM | #2
This is what I love about this game. You can pick up multiple quests and literally take the ones you think sound fun and the ones you think don't you can just drop them. When I made it to Tatooine there were literally quests all over which was a little overwhelming.

Sound advice op
1020 367
Zabrak Marauder ---

javatroyz
12.25.2011 , 06:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
This is what I love about this game. You can pick up multiple quests and literally take the ones you think sound fun and the ones you think don't you can just drop them. When I made it to Tatooine there were literally quests all over which was a little overwhelming.

Sound advice op

Thank you

chrisftw
12.25.2011 , 06:57 PM | #4
yeah they actually have to many quest to choose from hell you can stuck on taris until you're almost 27.

when you hit max level for that planet finish up the story quest and get off.
Tell me more Brotholomew.

Merciin
12.25.2011 , 07:01 PM | #5
I've been doing every side quest i can see up to 20 and with only a few games of huttball and a few flashpoints, im quite a bit higher than the content of my class quest line. has anyone been doing just the main quest line and filling in the gaps with pvp/flashpoints? Id like to know how thats working. Also, is it possible to do only the main quest line? Or is that impossible.
Lord Kir'ala Carraix -- Sith Warrior - Marauder -- The Deadweight PvP

DWarrior
12.25.2011 , 07:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Merciin View Post
I've been doing every side quest i can see up to 20 and with only a few games of huttball and a few flashpoints, im quite a bit higher than the content of my class quest line. has anyone been doing just the main quest line and filling in the gaps with pvp/flashpoints? Id like to know how thats working. Also, is it possible to do only the main quest line? Or is that impossible.
When I made it to Alderaan on my my marauder I was about 31. I just flew through it and did only the story quests. I felt that it made it harder for me anyways. Not sure if that's really good information to go on but I think skipping the side quests does make it harder
1020 367
Zabrak Marauder ---

Grymbs
12.25.2011 , 07:14 PM | #7
I literally skipped the entire planet of Taris except for the main quest chain. Didn't do a single side quest. That's because I left Coruscant at lvl 19 with just a little PvP and a couple of flashpoints under my belt. No grinding either.

My first alt will probably skip all the side quests on Coruscant and head to Taris at 15 or so. And then maybe the second alt will skip the side quests on Nar Shaddaa. Hard to believe how many quests there are and how many ways to level. I'd love to see something like EQ2's system where you can turn off quest or combat XP. That way, folks who just want to experience all the content without outleveling it can.