Romance Triggers in KotFE

Meira_Arirai

I've just finished Chapter IX with an insta-60 with no previous romance history. My character flirted with Koth, though she didn't take the first or every possible flirt option.

I'm seeing now that other players got an in-game notice that they were about to start a romance. I never saw one.

Have I locked myself out of future romance content?

Edited by Meira_Arirai

I think you're ok --- none of us really know till we play this thing out

I used one of my same old toons -- and got the notice I was starting a romance -- but with a new 60 ?

I don't see how it would be in the game's best interest if they want to make us happy and not pull our hair out ( besides that, the new players 60's more than likely won't have that option either )

I say if you're interested, then flirt -- can't hurt .... and wait and play

I've just finished Chapter IX with an insta-60 with no previous romance history. My character flirted with Koth, though she didn't take the first or every possible flirt option.

I'm seeing now that other players got an in-game notice that they were about to start a romance. I never saw one.

Have I locked myself out of future romance content?

No, you're not...But it did prevent you from entering a romance with the other options for the currently released chapters. What this prompt means is that after that point, if you pursue other romances, there will be a cause & effect that comes with it. So say you entered a romance with Koth, but then decide to instead pursue Theron, Lana, or any romanceable characters they add in the future, eventually one of them will find out you're doing that and it's possible it will hurt one or all of them, and most likely you'll have to choose between them which could lead to the rejected one leaving the alliance later in the story...Or betraying you, or something bad.

That being said, it's probably early enough in a romance to change your mind without super dire consequences for a little while in the future. There's probably a little bit of leeway with it in the beginning but probably only right now.

Edited by Jesira

No, you're not...But it did prevent you from entering a romance with the other options for the currently released chapters. What this prompt means is that after that point, if you pursue other romances, there will be a cause & effect that comes with it. So say you entered a romance with Koth, but then decide to instead pursue Theron, Lana, or any romanceable characters they add in the future, eventually one of them will find out you're doing that and it's possible it will hurt one or all of them, and most likely you'll have to choose between them which could lead to the rejected one leaving the alliance later in the story...Or betraying you, or something bad.

That being said, it's probably early enough in a romance to change your mind without super dire consequences for a little while in the future. There's probably a little bit of leeway with it in the beginning but probably only right now.

No, it functions like DAI, where once you commit to the romance you can't initiate one with anyone else. Up until that point, you could flirt with anyone. Once you've confirmed, the game recognizes only that particular romance and you will lose romance dialogue options with other characters. It has the potential to create conflict only with the pre 4.0 characters if you've cheated on them with either Theron or Lana.