Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Out-leveling Content, Skip Planets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Out-leveling Content, Skip Planets?

Snapdizzle
12.25.2011 , 06:23 PM | #1
I'm about to hit level 26 and just finished up Taris. I am 100% going to head to Nar Shaddaa to do my class quest, but is it worth it to do all the quests there?

Obviously a lot of quests will be green or grey to me, and it's not the end of the world to miss out on the little side story line quests, I just don't want to miss out on something important.

So my question is, besides missing out on commendation gear and mini story lines, would skipping a planet have any further consequences?

Imizael
12.25.2011 , 06:46 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Snapdizzle View Post
I'm about to hit level 26 and just finished up Taris. I am 100% going to head to Nar Shaddaa to do my class quest, but is it worth it to do all the quests there?

Obviously a lot of quests will be green or grey to me, and it's not the end of the world to miss out on the little side story line quests, I just don't want to miss out on something important.

So my question is, besides missing out on commendation gear and mini story lines, would skipping a planet have any further consequences?
Wait... level 26 on Taris, a 32-36 lvl planet? Is that even possible? Or did you mean to say you're level 36?

MrFisky
12.25.2011 , 06:47 PM | #3
I think he means Balmorra. (If he's Empire, that is)

Systam
12.25.2011 , 06:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Imizael View Post
Wait... level 26 on Taris, a 32-36 lvl planet? Is that even possible? Or did you mean to say you're level 36?
i was on taris at level 19 and skipped all but the MQ for republic

Xerda
12.25.2011 , 06:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrFisky View Post
I think he means Balmorra. (If he's Empire, that is)
I thought Balmorra was up to 20.
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

Snapdizzle
12.25.2011 , 06:48 PM | #6
No, I mean Taris, level 16-20. (Republic)

Back to the question at hand.

MrFisky
12.25.2011 , 06:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerda View Post
I thought Balmorra was up to 20.
Hence the outleveling

Cleagane
12.25.2011 , 06:49 PM | #8
To clarify, the republic goes to Taris at the same time the empire goes to balmora.

DWarrior
12.25.2011 , 06:51 PM | #9
As long as you are knocking out your main quest story ones it's totally up to you. Pick up quest at your leisure
1020 367
Zabrak Marauder ---

Crash-X
12.25.2011 , 06:52 PM | #10
Depends...the heroics give out some cool stuff...if you have those I'd try to do those. But you can always come back so it really doesn't matter.

I think if you are tired of a planet juts move on, otherwise it just a grind to get through with the planet rather than enjoying it. I moved on from Tatooine after spending about 4 days there. Saw the bonus and just said nah, i'll come back to it I'm tired of this desert.