Just finished the Sith Warrior story in the new world of level sync

ZavienUK

And it sucked. Returning to Korriban for the final confrontation with Darth Baras. I was level synced to level 12. Darth Baras was level synced to level 12. I took my time. I stood there for a while letting him attack me. Without a companion. Then I killed him in 3 global cooldowns. In level 36 gear. Ignoring all mechanics. Well that sure was anticlimactic.

This would be the same system which was supposedly hailed as the thing that would prevent content being trivialised. Yet the last boss fight was totally trivialised, even while woefully undergeared. The is no need or point in getting together your best gear, some level 15 greens will the trick. There is no need to make sure you've trained all your abilities, assigned your utility points, make sure your on the ball, avoid abilities or interrupt. I did it without a companion for 'fun' but I could have just set my companion to attack and then gone and got a drink. That can't be the design intent, or I hope it isn't the intent. . Urggh, how disappointing. A sad end.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it sucked. Returning to Korriban for the final confrontation with Darth Baras. I was level synced to level 12. Darth Baras was level synced to level 12. I took my time. I stood there for a while letting him attack me. Without a companion. Then I killed him in 3 global cooldowns. In level 36 gear. Ignoring all mechanics. Well that sure was anticlimactic.

This would be the same system which was supposedly hailed as the thing that would prevent content being trivialised. Yet the last boss fight was totally trivialised, even while woefully undergeared. The is no need or point in getting together your best gear, some level 15 greens will the trick. There is no need to make sure you've trained all your abilities, assigned your utility points, make sure your on the ball, avoid abilities or interrupt. I did it without a companion for 'fun' but I could have just set my companion to attack and then gone and got a drink. That can't be the design intent, or I hope it isn't the intent. . Urggh, how disappointing. A sad end.

Sadly this is the truth of the matter, the game is dumb down so much now that a toddler could beat it.

Sadly this is the truth of the matter, the game is dumb down so much now that a toddler could beat it.

I can't possibly believe they intended this, is has be a side effect. If the class story didn't end on a low level planet this wouldn't have happened.

I can't possibly believe they intended this, is has be a side effect. If the class story didn't end on a low level planet this wouldn't have happened.

Even in end game you cant die anymore, all through KOTFE i died once, that was a FALL, i didnt even have my companions on heal and i was dps... when you set them on heal, there is absolutely no way you can die, you could even afk there surround by 6 enemies..

Even in end game you cant die anymore, all through KOTFE i died once, that was a FALL, i didnt even have my companions on heal and i was dps... when you set them on heal, there is absolutely no way you can die, you could even afk there surround by 6 enemies..

That's not exactly true. I trained 12-15 NPCs and while my companion did die. I finished the last 4 off without him. :p

I wonder if the final boss of the Jedi Knight story is downleveled to 18. That would be incredibly stupid. I mean epic stupidity.

Edited by Master-Nala

well at least now those of us who leveled all these classes back at launch (or even pre-4.0) can say "back in my day, we had to walk uphill both ways, and leveling was actually a moderate challenge! You young whippersnappers have it too easy!"

I thought they scale you to level 50 when you go through the green door. Not surprised that the devs took the cheap route, once again. Never going to level another character.

Yeah that's what I hoped, but they took the easy route of just making all the npc's on the planet that were above level 12, level 12, friendly and enemy like.

I supposed thats slightly better than my fear of being level locked at 12 against a lvl 50 boss. Not by much though.

Hehe when it said 'fly to Korriban' i did wonder, and obviously this is better than that, but I did rather hope as soon as I went into the class mission area the level sync would be removed and Baras would be normal level. It's a separate class instance so there is really no excuse.

That's not exactly true.

I think it is, while on Corellia before just before the end mission, I was doing the usual thing of trying to run through stuff. I got kicked off my speeder and still had agro from 5 different mob GROUPS including 4 silvers. I was under-levelled for the area, and in poor gear. Knowing (or thinking) there was no chance I sat there waiting to be killed doing nothing so I could ress without agro. I waited, and waited. Eventually I realised my companion had killed half the mobs. I joined in, finished the rest off, and came out the fight still fully healed, as was companion. It's sorta fun, but it's properly broken, and I sense it could get old once the novelty wears off.

I am sure they will do some fine tweaking in time.

Ahem, there 'fine tweaking' and 'totally broken'. The final boss of the class story in 3 global cooldowns, without a companion, not having to pay attention to the mechanics of the fight, in poor gear, does not constitute a bit of tweaking needed. It occurs in a separate class instance, so there is no excuse for the level sync even needing to apply there.

well at least now those of us who leveled all these classes back at launch (or even pre-4.0) can say "back in my day, we had to walk uphill both ways, and leveling was actually a moderate challenge! You young whippersnappers have it too easy!"

Indeed, there is something amusing that people will be able to talk about how they completely missed the final boss fight because their companion finished it while they went to get a drink.

Based on this you can 100% tell they didn't test anything I mean even me I only do pvp now I space bar through all the story but this just sounds so cheap and lazy

I think your on to something. It's like somebody considered 'oh right they are level synced to 12 on Korriban, best make the last boss level 12 too' without even considering level 49+passives+abilities+points would totally trivialise the fight.

That's 1 Big thing i hate with a vengeance about lvl-sync, is that it really Rips-off everybodys hard earned level of raw Powers you can have over the final bosses. It strips away everything that we have fought for and have earned over the years to.

To go to a planet and be reduced to a Mere Flea in power is really a big slap in the face to us Subs. A lot of us also went straight to Makeb to lvl to 55 and then go back and do our last Storyline mission and kick some ***, which would make most ppl very happy. It's another thing that the Senior devs did not care about how a lot of the fanbase might hate it, with good reason to.

Hey, there were many threads of people that didn't like the level sync. The response was tons of "Level sync is here to stay. Deal with it. Your tears sustain me." posts.

If that's how the level sync is (I've just done Space missions so far since I had no interest in sync-ed planetary dailies)... I have no problem being a hypocrite, doing a 180 and saying "Yay, level sync!"

Hey, if all those "Deal with it..." comments remain unmoderated in other threads... if you can't beat them, join them. So, in that vein, since, as per the mods, it's an acceptable way to talk on these boards...

Oh, you don't like how easy things have become?... ahem... cough...

"Oh, the game is trivialized even more? Level sync is here to stay. Deal with it. Your tears sustain me."

Edited by DalrisThane

A bit of a design oversight on their part and I can understand being annoyed at being down-levelled for the climactic "final" fight but that said....Baras was always a pushover anyway pre-sync so meh.

What you are seeing is more a result of their new emphasis on story. That is, they couldn't do a proper beta test for this expansion b/c the more people who play it the more likely they get a story leak and the entire point is the story. So they had a very private little testing group that obviously played through the new content and gave a cursory glance at the old content.

There are going to be a lot of patches incoming.

Hey, there were many threads of people that didn't like the level sync. The response was tons of "Level sync is here to stay. Deal with it. Your tears sustain me." posts.

If that's how the level sync is (I've just done Space missions so far since I had no interest in sync-ed planetary dailies)... I have no problem being a hypocrite, doing a 180 and saying "Yay, level sync!"

Hey, if all those "Deal with it..." comments remain unmoderated in other threads... if you can't beat them, join them. So, in that vein, since, as per the mods, it's an acceptable way to talk on these boards...

Oh, you don't like how easy things have become?... ahem... cough...

"Oh, the game is trivialized even more? Level sync is here to stay. Deal with it. Your tears sustain me."

Yeah, it shows how companies like EAWare will Moderate Posts from ppl that have a right to post how much they hate this stuff, but won't Enforce the crap that ppl say in your post. Therefore with the KOTFE hate posts being deleted EAWare had a Propaganda machine in which ppl will think every1 love the SWTOR 2 launch.

That Is Wrong and disgusting, as now mostly 1-sided information is allowed on this site. It also makes ppl of Old and new think every1 loves these changes, which are entirely Not True.

That's 1 Big thing i hate with a vengeance about lvl-sync, is that it really Rips-off everybodys hard earned level of raw Powers you can have over the final bosses. It strips away everything that we have fought for and have earned over the years to.

To go to a planet and be reduced to a Mere Flea in power is really a big slap in the face to us Subs. A lot of us also went straight to Makeb to lvl to 55 and then go back and do our last Storyline mission and kick some ***, which would make most ppl very happy. It's another thing that the Senior devs did not care about how a lot of the fanbase might hate it, with good reason to.

Whilst I understand where your coming from, you don't actually appear to have properly read or understood my post. The irony is that in this situation level sync actually resulted in me being more overpowered that I could have ever been before (in relative terms). Before you were facing a level 50 boss, you could overlevel and come back at level 55 or so and it would probably be easy. But now the final boss is level 12 and was an absolute walkover. Whats more because of level sync (and because you get down levelled) there is no need or indeed any value to being overlevelled.

So your complaint just doesn't apply here, because you have more power over the boss than you could ever have had before without level sync. Indeed you could just send your companion in and then go AFK, it's that easy and overpowered. I don't personally see how that is engaging gameplay, but if that is what you enjoy you should be very happy.

I don't like level sync, didn't want it, and agree with your sentiment in other situations However if being overpowered is what you like, this is one situation where level sync actually improves the situation.

I wonder if they could change level sync for certain areas. Like the seeker droid might as well be a think they give us out of the gate, now that all the dread seed areas are synced too.

Considering this takes place in a separate story instance I don't understand why level sync even applies at all. It just strikes as laziness that they have just blanket applied the level sync for the whole planet.