Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black or Silver-black texture bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Black or Silver-black texture bug

DakimDragco
12.25.2011 , 06:10 PM | #1
Ive been having this bug since beta, made a report 2 times already, but never see anyone on the forums or on a google search who has this too.

this basicly does the following:

When i start a conversation, in the cinematic my character and NPC's get various places, like clothes or eyes to turn solid or transparant black (Black with a silver shine on it) Especialy the eyes happens often, and i tried lowering my settings but nothing seems to prevend this. It happens in many conversations if not all, and realy get on my nerves having to watch some npc speaking with these X-files alien eyes the whole time, or my character wearing what looks like a black solid shirt. It can be present from the start or hapen half way into the conversation.

I checked my vid card for updated drivers, but i have the latest installed. Resetting to older ones didnt help either.

Here is my info:

Server: Sith'ari
Character: Krilyon (Basicly all, but this is my main)

Also my comp specs are:

E6750 core 2 duo 2,66GHz
Nvidea Geforce 9800 GT (512MB i think)
4GB Kingston RAM
No soundcard (motherboard one)
ASUS P5G41C-M LX Motherboard

If you need any more info please ask, and ill see if i can provide it. This bug is realy bothering me since it spoils some of the fun of this great game.

Dekallo
12.25.2011 , 07:36 PM | #2
Seeing the same bug on a computer with Intel E5200 and nVidia 8600 GT but not on one with Intel Q9450 and 2 nVidia 280 GTX in SLI. Both running Windows 7 with the latest (290.53) beta drivers.

Thomanson
12.25.2011 , 07:49 PM | #3
Seeing the same on WinXP with an nVidia 8600 GT M

All drivers updated and such.

It's most often Eyes and occasionally whole textures, especially on Companions in conversations.

droiddoes
12.25.2011 , 09:00 PM | #4
Me too. So, anyone know a way other than to quit out and go back in to fix it?

Soulfighter
12.25.2011 , 09:05 PM | #5
same with a 9600gt

DrMedRasen
12.26.2011 , 08:00 PM | #6
Same problem, ATI Radeon 5700 Series. Does anyone know a workaround? It seems to appear in random sequences, sometimes it works if I restart the conversation and it also seems to affect only the eyes and females/female clothing.

TheDaver
12.26.2011 , 09:03 PM | #7
Same on my Gforce 8800 ultra glassy/silver eyes in cutscenes odd right?
QUERY: May I Kill them now master?

IndoJabijin
12.26.2011 , 09:05 PM | #8
I want to ask those who have been having this issue: Have you seen any textures turn pink as well? Or only black?

DrMedRasen
12.26.2011 , 10:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IndoJabijin View Post
I want to ask those who have been having this issue: Have you seen any textures turn pink as well? Or only black?
Only black and also black/silver eyes. Mostly with females, companions and wookies(at least the grey one) are also completly black in cutscences.

Cal-El
12.26.2011 , 10:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by droiddoes View Post
Me too. So, anyone know a way other than to quit out and go back in to fix it?
I find that flipping the texture setting helps. Ill go from medium to low, and back to medium, or from low to medium, and back depending on how the game is running that day. Normally clears it up.

I mostly run it on low textures, but this bug i try to keep it on medium, it seems to happen less often on medium, however some places this seems to be switched. In other words it is completely random, and i am seeing imaginary patterns.

I assure you however, that escaping out of the cut scene and flipping texture settings will reload it. I was hoping reload UI would do it like in wow, but this game it literally reloads the UI.