Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolstered pvp still in?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolstered pvp still in?

Lucardes
12.13.2011 , 03:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Meurik View Post
Then it's up to us, to make them understand it

Skill used to matter in PVP. Let's hope TOR can keep the "Higher skilled player wins over Lower skilled player" for as long as possible. And keep "Gear inflation" to a minimum over time.
"Gear Inflation" to a minimum is PERFECT, just look at PvP focused games like Guild Wars, Global Agenda etc... they all have MINIMUM to just social upgrades (looks is what's upgraded) only and I can tell you it's 100% about skill and it's intensely fun/competitive!. I like to have my hp increase by only 10 rather than 100...it makes growth of the game gradual and not like a big bubble that's about to burst with nerfs and game balance due to issues that comes with massive item progression.

drealmer
12.13.2011 , 04:05 PM | #12
I simply refuse to do warzones (oops called them battlegrounds), they're BAD for open world PvP and on top of that the bolstering mechanic is a joke of an idea to anyone who considers themselves even half-serious PvPer.

stand against warzones, make the real world the warzone

Dystopic
12.13.2011 , 04:08 PM | #13
I hope they leave the bolstering system in. We aren't playing with all servers, or even regional battlegroups. It's just your server. So you need to be able to get as many people in at a time or you will be waiting a very long time for a game.

Meurik
12.13.2011 , 04:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by drealmer View Post
I simply refuse to do warzones (oops called them battlegrounds), they're BAD for open world PvP and on top of that the bolstering mechanic is a joke of an idea to anyone who considers themselves even half-serious PvPer.

I disagree.

I enjoy the occasional PVP session, but not when it ends up being 10-15 people all ganging up on me. I prefer the smaller battles, where I can pick my own fights, and under my own terms.

I will also not roll a character on a PVP or RP-PVP server for exactly the above reasons. I've had plenty of experience trying to level new characters, on a new server, only to end up getting "ganked" by higher level players who enjoy tormenting the lower level players.

I can't even recall the amount of people (friends and acquaintances alike), who gave up playing a game, because of the problem of getting killed all the time (while trying to quest/level up).
Fear is the path to the Dark Side ...
Fear leads to Anger,
Anger leads to Hate,
Hate leads to Suffering.

Sirolos
12.13.2011 , 04:17 PM | #15

but....you cant respawn in the real world...
Quote: Originally Posted by Modecrypt View Post
Sorcs really need to be looked at. They have 7 knockbacks, 5 stuns, , they can cross guard each other
Quote: Originally Posted by Kholvan View Post
Don't make me gouge you with my purple origami horns.

Lucioon
12.13.2011 , 04:58 PM | #16

The only time something is bad for a specific aspects of a game is when its not fun to play it. Warzones that is currently implemented is fun, atleast to me it is.

I also enjoy Open world pvp, but when there are no controls in place, open world pvp is only fun to the group that is higher level or has more people.
Only when people have 5v4 or 10v11 thats fun, but when the scale is 2v6 or 1 v 5 then its only fun for one side.

But then, thats why there are guilds so revenge can be as sweet.