Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper Rank Structure

dewayne
01.28.2013 , 08:08 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Jetflair View Post
Personally I don't think Bioware researched far enough to modern armies when they did trooper.

You could see this in story things like how desertion was handled. I just think they didn't do very careful and detailed work with trooper story and all its concepts. Its like they didn't have anyone who would have been in army checking the story and details.

I'm only reservist and been sometime since been in army but even I cringe in few spots in story as many things just don't feel right.
i steady of the military and being a military brat. i wanted to follow my family tradition. but being handicapped i couldnt. but yea im chptr3. and have cringed. i showed my dad, the part of general garza ordering you kill the civlies. he look at me and said she would of been relieved of duty in a heartbeat special forces or not.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

ZeroPlus
01.29.2013 , 06:01 AM | #42
As an ex-marine myself I just smile, shake my head at the inconsistencies and move on.

It isn't limited to the Trooper story...
Spoiler
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

LanceCorporalDan
01.31.2013 , 12:05 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
As an ex-marine myself I just smile, shake my head at the inconsistencies and move on.

It isn't limited to the Trooper story...
Spoiler
Once a Marine, always a Marine. There is no such thing as an "ex-marine" haha

Semper Fi.

Anyways yeah this is just sloppy writing on BW's part in my opinion, there were so many times where I wanted to reach through the screen and punch another trooper square in the face, I won't even bother listing them. Not to mention, my trooper always called Garza "sir" ***?
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

ZeroPlus
02.01.2013 , 07:59 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Once a Marine, always a Marine. There is no such thing as an "ex-marine" haha

Semper Fi.
True.

Twenty years later and I still find myself looking at a landscape and analyzing avenues of attack and looking for ambush spots.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

darklordpotter
02.01.2013 , 08:17 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by dewayne View Post
i steady of the military and being a military brat. i wanted to follow my family tradition. but being handicapped i couldnt. but yea im chptr3. and have cringed. i showed my dad, the part of general garza ordering you kill the civlies. he look at me and said she would of been relieved of duty in a heartbeat special forces or not.
Depending on the options taken in the story I got the impression that Garza is pretty far off the reservation and the reason she is not stripped of rank is not because the oversight committee doesn't want to - it's because they can't.

straseed
02.01.2013 , 09:02 AM | #46
Even if this was based on Canadian/Commonwealth ranks as has been suggested above, it'd be completely wrong...Sergeants here are addressed as Sergeant both by those superior and subordinate in rank...that and they ignored the fact there are 3 NCO ranks superior to a Sergeant...even if that Sergeant was SOF, still a sergeant, still salutes Officers (not in the field, of course) and calls them "Sir". Extra points for saying it "SAAAAAH!"

PLUS, WHY IS ELARA THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO PRONOUNCE LIEUTENANT PROPERLY?

IShouldGo - Commando Medic - PotF
Naib (Never to be taken alive!) - Scoundrel Sawbones - PotF
Brown Coats

Emanrahc
02.07.2013 , 05:51 PM | #47
Remember, this is Star Wars.

Rank is really just an indication of how dangerous the missions/tough the enemies are that you are expected to engage at close quarters. (Example: various Close Wars episodes, where in really critical situations, they throw three generals (plus their companies) into the front lines, while also sending a couple of senators in a sort of scout/secret agent role )

Havoc Squad - and other famously ******es - presumably get treated by non-Spec Ops as effectively higher rank than they are.

kipliq
02.08.2013 , 05:19 PM | #48
I guarantee that a programmer just programmed it that way and didn't bother to check to make sure it is correct. Just play and have fun don't read into it.