Hey bioware when can we get proper sith eyes? Like the npcs in the expansion?

lokdron

Looking at Lana, the emperor, the prince and Vaylin is well... quite troubling because you know they have proper sith eyes. Is it so hard to give it to the player characters? Instead of the current red non-canon pure red and the the pure yellow/orange eyes without the red ring?

Please? Pretty please? Can this topic get a bit of support? I mean this is a good oppurtinity to finally fix it since I assume you have a lot of the assets already considering you gave Zash and Malgus proper sith eyes. PLEASE bioware consider changing this.

Been waiting since release and watching the new npcs is jarring compared to the player character who is dark side.

edit: What I want to see if bioware does it.

1. Update the sith pureblood eyes to actually have the red ring for their character creation options since the eyes are a part of their race. Along with the various shades of yellow/orange.

2.Update the player character dark side corruption FROM 1 TO 5 to have the sith eye detail quality of say like lana's or vaylins or even malgus. Get rid current ones and replace them with proper sith eyes here are some examples.

edit: I would get some in game images for lana and vaylin since they are really high quality ones but unfortunately I finished the story. :( So I had to use these images from possibly an old build bioware showed on twitch anyway they still look better than the current ones plus the stream quality was not that high.

Lana

Lana example 2

Vaylin example

Darth Malgus

Darth Malgus in game.

Heck even zash has them! Spoiler warning for those who has not played the SI story. I am going to say this I got really annoyed when I saw this when I played the story many moons ago considering my SI yellow eyes lacked the detail and red ring of zash's eyes.

Zash Example

3. The turning pale effect and and the veins is alright as it currently is. Yet still things can be done to improve it for example making the veins spread all over the PC's body if it is possible. (Props to Karkais for the suggestion)

4. Keep the glow in low light area's it looks bloody awesome watching Lana's new eyes glow somewhat in dark areas then I see my PC red glowing non canon eyes then I get sad again. :(

5. One of the most important DO NOT PUT IT ON THE CM. Bioware you said you want this expansion to be about choices and consequences. So people have to roll with the corruption they get because of their decisions. If you put it on the CM I will be upset. Update the dark side corruption please this is what the topic is about.

Oh and bioware if you do this? PLEASE I beg you don't copy and paste the zabarak ones just... please don't looking at the new dark side npcs I know you can do dark side corruption justice.

The point is now in the new expansion since you are spending plenty of time around the new detailed npcs and seeing the corruption compared to the player character in my opinion the PC's looks terrible. I feel since we have just started the new expansion this is the right time to actually get this changed/updated.

I hope you take this into consideration bioware.

PS Mods PLEASE don't add this to the suggestion section because I feel all that would happen is the topic being buried under all the others. Last time we tried it in that section? Nothing happened not even one post by the community manager rep. Since this is a new expansion I feel the PC is in need of some form of a graphical update in ANY capacity considering the new npcs that are highly detailed.

Now I want this to be taken seriously until a response is given no one should have to put up with poor quality/non canon eyes when all the new dark side npcs are displaying the CORRECT eye type.

Edited by lokdron

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely buy an eye unlock for proper sith red eyes so i don't need to show corruption and watch my face look like I drank water on Mars.

Honestly I think Dark V should be akin to Darth Malgus in terms of look so I say they Should keep the veins and paleness just change the eyes to the correct format of the yellow eye with the red ring. I don't understand how they got everything else right about dark side corruption and screw up on the eyes.

Oh and purebloods should not have it on in the first place and they should at least give the red eye ring considering its called sith eyes for a reason and they are a dark side "race".

One thing I also don't understand why they went with red eyes in the first place. Looking back during pre release I recall dark side corruption may not have been in the game in the start and it seems going by all the interviews they added it because people kept asking.

Now bioware I am asking you now please go back to the eyes give use the proper ones red eyes look bleh. Plus I feel a slight tinge of annoyance looking at the new npcs and lana having proper sith eyes and yet no one thought to go hey? Maybe we should update the dark side corruption properly?

Please bioware can you do this?

Shameful bump sorry mods for doing this but I feel strongly for this issue since everything got a graphic update and yet you choose not to update the eyes. While all the new npcs got proper eyes. Edited by lokdron

I actually LOVE Arcann and Vaylin's eyes and would pay to get them in the CM.

I would actually be quite annoyed if they did that, what should happen is that they should update the dark side corruption eyes. Perhaps using vaylins or Lana's assets for the eyes I think I will edit my first post to clearly state what I want to see.

I am in support of true sith eyes.

3. The turning pale effect and and the veins are correct and can be left alone.

However, I think it is incorrect that Sith corruption only affects the face, and not the upper (or even lower) body.

I'm curious about some of the comments - my only Dark V is a Zabrak and I'm fairly certain that his entire body goes pale with corruption on, much like Palpatine's. I do support the Sith eyes.

I also want to say that it's very frustrating that Inquisitors can get glowing purple eyes throughout certain cutscenes in the plot, but there is no way to get them after you kill Darth *Spoiler*. I would be willing to spend CCs or credits on getting purple eyes similar to the red and gold eye items.

Honestly I think Dark V should be akin to Darth Malgus in terms of look so I say they Should keep the veins and paleness just change the eyes to the correct format of the yellow eye with the red ring. I don't understand how they got everything else right about dark side corruption and screw up on the eyes.

Oh and purebloods should not have it on in the first place and they should at least give the red eye ring considering its called sith eyes for a reason and they are a dark side "race".

One of the hardest things to do as an artist is facial features because the multiple angles can be a complete... well "problem".

That said the eyes are particularly difficult and considering most of them were done some time ago they've clearly had time to fix all that. Though i wouldnt put any stock in them doing anything about it for the player base; Artists love "unique" things that they create even eyes especially when for specific characters.....I wanted Malgus's armor but noooooo computer says no.,....... oh wait i mean "artists" says no. :/

I'd love to have these "true" Sith eyes...but only if I can have them without also having the annoying skin paling effect, it makes my Pureblood look ridiculous. Didn't they say they were going to look into having options for that a few years back?

That's why I said it should be default in my main post for sith pure blood in the character creation with the various shades of yellow/orange which you can pick. Perhaps I shall clarify in my post.

Yeah I would love to have real sith eyes without having to try to stay at DS 1 the whole game, otherwise I have to turn off show DS corruption option.

Funny enough the dark side 1 eyes are not correct either you just get yellow eyes. Honestly if any if you feel strongly about this please add the link to your signature

Its probably not correct but it was better than normal eyes or bright yellow eyes though.

True but honestly playing the story was pretty jarring at times watching all the new npcs with awesome sith eyes and the PC standing there with glowing red or half done yellow eyes. I am sorry they are not even all that good looking the corruption just feels and looks lazy to me in the face of the new expansion and the updated looks for the dark side npcs.

Oh you actually added it!! :D We need more support everyone! If anyone feels strongly please add the topic to your signature IF you have space.

Edited by lokdron