Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA Swtor Deception or not?

Mithersonian
10.20.2015 , 02:22 PM | #1
Hi all,

Heard (read) a lot of people complaining in game about not having early access to Knights of the Fallen Empire.

It does state on http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

that if you subscribe as follows between dates :- AUG 10 - OCT 19
Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

but what they cleverly did was to not put into too much detail that you have to be subbed on all the dates as in the new link here :-

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1020...e-early-access

and is as follows :-

Game Update 4.0: Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access
Knights of the Fallen Empire*
*Knights of the Fallen Empire content is only available to players who are eligible for the four Knights of the Fallen Empire subscriber rewards by having been a subscriber on August 10th, August 31st, September 30th, and October 19th, 2015. All other subscribers will be able to access the content on October 27th, 2015.

which was only posted today.

Was this a crafty move by Electronic Arts and Bioware by not putting correct information so they get free to play and preferred players to subscribe

Who knows or who even cares, I can answer that, EA $$
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

DeralElfor
10.20.2015 , 02:32 PM | #2
I've been subbed throughout the WHOLE event. Still have yet to get my rewards. And I KNOW I've been a sub the whole time, long before August or even July too.
Just a Jedi Guardian passing through life like any other man.

Bomyne
10.20.2015 , 02:56 PM | #3
Check the dev tracker. There was a small bug that was preventing access if you were supposed to have it.

Log out of the game and back in and see if that fixes it.

MajorGen
10.20.2015 , 03:02 PM | #4
Deception? I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to argue both sides. I do have to admit that I subscribed within that window after taking some time off for a move, but I did expect Early Access.

Whiteskull
10.20.2015 , 03:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorGen View Post
Deception? I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to argue both sides. I do have to admit that I subscribed within that window after taking some time off for a move, but I did expect Early Access.
this i subed on the 26th of aujust thinking i would get EA per the wording as well its called a bait and switch is what they did, they made it so it made people think they got EA when they was only getting it if they had it for all; dates.

ScarletBlaze
10.20.2015 , 04:10 PM | #6
From my understanding and reading of the information I took it that you had to be subscribed from a set day (July 31) through October 19.

Of course it could be my legal background to give me that understanding.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

carrek
10.20.2015 , 04:27 PM | #7
it was a bait and switch. they reworded it after ea started today basically saying we lied and screwed you over oh well

Angrymoblol
10.20.2015 , 05:50 PM | #8
damn if it is not obvious what they ment.
Es war die Überlegenheit die mich überzeugte

ionrahxxx
10.20.2015 , 06:18 PM | #9
it makes me glad that not only I saw this as a scam. I have called the support hot line today in the spirit of , maybe they have had a bug. So speed forward 47 minutes on hold to only be told sorry you will not get the early access but thank you for the 45$ subscription and f%@#$ off.
While i was trying to get an explanation the support tech just hung up ...

i am very disappointed in EA , in that they are ready to loose faithful patrons rather then provide the service they should.
I wonder how the DEVS feel about this? I really hope that they will address this, or i am surely going to pull a plug on not only SWTOR but all other EA stamped game in general.

i have not felt this crappy about something i enjoy in a while, and i will demand my subscription money back if this doesn't get resolved.

i call on us all to take this to EA and demand from them to deliver on their promises as they should. And to remind them that WE are who they are depending on to make money.

AshlaBoga
10.20.2015 , 06:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Whiteskull View Post
this i subed on the 26th of aujust thinking i would get EA per the wording as well its called a bait and switch is what they did, they made it so it made people think they got EA when they was only getting it if they had it for all; dates.
I'm not a lawyer, but even I know that's not a bait and switch.

It would be a bait and switch if they posted: subscribe today and get 1,000,000,000 credits! And then told you that they were out of credits.

Confusing fine print DOES NOT EQUAL a bait and switch, that's a very specific term.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!