Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think you accidently created the best PvP ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I think you accidently created the best PvP ever

tarcin
12.26.2011 , 04:07 AM | #41
Guys, seriously there are many excellent aspects of this game but PvP is not among them. Delay in abilities and fps decrease in warzones decreases its fluidity in key moments, especially for melees when you chase a ranged guy in situations if you cant do the timing right you will fail. For instane, I stun a ranged guy who kites me to hit him a Shadow Strike(must be hit from the back), when i get behind my target quickly I tired to see errors like not in correct position or not in range etc. the only thing i see most of the time my character's half animation of hit and cancels it.This is not a QQ post just saying that it needs to be fixed ASAP.

ShneakySquirrel
12.26.2011 , 04:09 AM | #42
I am a die hard PvP fan. I came from UO (missed on DAOC), went to play top 100 in Guildwars, and did my time in WoW Arenas, and plenty of other games. I honestly can say that I love the mechanics in TOR. The classes feel similar, but are very unique (rogue/warrior hybrid) and give mechanics that we're familiar with, a different twist.

I just want more PvP features. But please do not chance the MECHANICS of this game. I haven't enjoyed PvP this much in a long time.

HundeThutt
12.26.2011 , 04:09 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by enslavr View Post
This game has awesome PvP. Don't throw it away by what you read on forums or by abandoning the competitive aspects.
THis is the [censored] post ever.

This PVP is horrible.

Just_CPJ
12.26.2011 , 05:21 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by tarcin View Post
Guys, seriously there are many excellent aspects of this game but PvP is not among them. Delay in abilities and fps decrease in warzones decreases its fluidity in key moments, especially for melees when you chase a ranged guy in situations if you cant do the timing right you will fail. For instane, I stun a ranged guy who kites me to hit him a Shadow Strike(must be hit from the back), when i get behind my target quickly I tired to see errors like not in correct position or not in range etc. the only thing i see most of the time my character's half animation of hit and cancels it.This is not a QQ post just saying that it needs to be fixed ASAP.
As others have brought out, this is probably a tech issue with your computer and or connection, not the game itself. As far as being kited by range, what is your spec. Lvl 50 sith juggernauts in my guild are wreaking havoc in pvp but I heard marauders are garbage.

darkhoust
12.26.2011 , 05:54 AM | #45
This game has awesome PvP. Don't throw it away by what you read on forums or by abandoning the competitive aspects.
This +Infinity

OP nailed it here. Great job devs!

Senefera
12.26.2011 , 06:25 AM | #46
Word.
Love every second of it! Even when I die one pixel away from drop off zone in Huttball by someone who pull me into the fire and stun me there.
And no. No sarcasm.. I'm masochistic like that.
Charna Lord Calypho
Pre dinner Sage.
(It's good for you)

HerrFett
12.26.2011 , 06:34 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
OP is sorc/sage.

Oh boy,here we go again.

TorqueoMilitaris
12.26.2011 , 07:24 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by tarcin View Post
dont worry. im a ranged and same happens here. when a melee gets close to me, i cant see anything else, but a "red guy" who lagging around me like the hell, and changing his position like Neo in Matrix.

MEdiKLEZ
12.26.2011 , 07:25 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by MEdiKLEZ View Post
As a pvp player its very annoying to have fps drops everytime you're in warzones or in areas with a high amount of ppl like rep space station for example. Once my game even crashed to desktop there for no apparent reason but the fps drops.
I also wanna add that during beta game ran smoothly in warzones or rep space station.

i7-870@2.93GHz
MSi GTX 470
8GB RAM
Win764

Never had such problems playing for example BFBadCompany2 with this system. Also wonder why having such problems in a game which is meant to play with a high amount of ppl? Also wanna add that there is no difference with high or low settings.

I give BW another month to fix this issue.
Actually, would like to agree with op...

Evin
12.26.2011 , 07:26 AM | #50
Love it so far. I still don't like Voidstar but the PVP in general is just awesome!
'You have to be the change you wish to see in the world.' - Jedi Master M. Ghandi