Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think you accidently created the best PvP ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I think you accidently created the best PvP ever

Podrik
12.25.2011 , 05:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Redshade View Post
it's not bad so far, id realliy like them first off to introduea few things which they may get round to eventually.

--Brackets, no 50's versus lvl 11's please
--Allow players to create addons/macros i need me some power auras
--In general make the character abilites, graphics more responsive and fluid, e.g agents taking forever sometimes to seek cover.

but yeah I'm not seriously critical because i know the game is new and it will take time for this things to develop.
Macros I can agree with, but please oh please leave addons out of it... Learn to play the game without added stuff that makes life easier for you...

We old timers in MMO knows how it is to play without addons and trust me when I tell you it is alot more fun to learn how to play your class/spec without feeling the need to download "superioraddonofawesomeness" to help you...

And about brackets.. I like how it is now. Even as a level 13 you can dominate a lvl 40+ if you use your head, stop to think and use tactics..

That's where skill comes into play.

Yescek
12.25.2011 , 05:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Podrik View Post
Macros I can agree with, but please oh please leave addons out of it... Learn to play the game without added stuff that makes life easier for you...

We old timers in MMO knows how it is to play without addons and trust me when I tell you it is alot more fun to learn how to play your class/spec without feeling the need to download "superioraddonofawesomeness" to help you...

And about brackets.. I like how it is now. Even as a level 13 you can dominate a lvl 40+ if you use your head, stop to think and use tactics..

This, though I'm not an MMO oldie I still agree.

Also, agree with the OP. You know you want to.

And the ability lag does suck some, but if they just added the ability to cancel animation priorities and essentially interrupt the animations, I think we'd be much closer to an optimal solution. Granted, that's not a fix-all. But it's an idea.

Just_CPJ
12.25.2011 , 05:44 PM | #23
PvP in this game is pretty damn good. Only thing I can say is that 50s will eventually need their own bracket because they have access to expertise gear. Finally ran into a match where the other team was mostly 50s and most of my teammates were low level and they were dying quickly. Only seen 1 match like this though with many hours of pvp played so far so the system is fine except for once 50s get the expertise gear.

enslavr
12.25.2011 , 05:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
As a melee class I found that it takes a lot of skill to get by. As a lvl 17 bh well, it takes none.
I agree taht at the core melee is a harder spec to play vs Ranged. I came into warzones with a level 10 trooper and spammed AOE for top DPS, whereas i dont always get top DPS on my melee classees.

However, that said, melee classes have a large role to play. I play a sentinel and all i do is chase healers and ranged classes around. There's not much they can really do to stop me and i dont even have a lot of my really powerful abilities yet(level 23).

Baalzamon
12.25.2011 , 05:47 PM | #25
To much lag in warzones to be any fun atm for me.

WLpride
12.25.2011 , 05:48 PM | #26
considering this team has A LOT of the Warhammer dev's, it's not surprising that the pvp is decent... at least the warzones are....Ilum is beautiful but empty. Outlaw's Den is idea, but still empty and no one knows about it yet. They have got to address the "server feels empty" issues that we are seeing. There is really a huge lack of direction and confusion surrounding world PvP.

Warhammer has better pvp imho, smoother combat, better guilds, better spec'ing maybe... and a actual open pvp system with no sharding which equals 200vs200 regularily... or at least it once did, the playerbase is waning.

This game needs better, more focused and apparent world PvP and fast. How long will 3 warzones really satisfy you?

scfs
12.25.2011 , 06:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Podrik View Post

If they won't make the default UI acceptable, then addons should be allowed to make up for their faults.

Softlyz
12.25.2011 , 06:06 PM | #28
Yeah imo this game as the feel and flow to have a great pvp system, 90% of the issues atm are fixable
::::: Declined :::::

US East Republic PvP Guild
Recruitment | Guild Website | Guild HQ

Just_CPJ
12.25.2011 , 06:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by WLpride View Post
considering this team has A LOT of the Warhammer dev's, it's not surprising that the pvp is decent... at least the warzones are....Ilum is beautiful but empty. Outlaw's Den is idea, but still empty and no one knows about it yet. They have got to address the "server feels empty" issues that we are seeing. There is really a huge lack of direction and confusion surrounding world PvP.

Warhammer has better pvp imho, smoother combat, better guilds, better spec'ing maybe... and a actual open pvp system with no sharding which equals 200vs200 regularily... or at least it once did, the playerbase is waning.

This game needs better, more focused and apparent world PvP and fast. How long will 3 warzones really satisfy you?

I think this game has the best casual PvP you'll see on the market. SWTOR is going after WoW so don't expect the PvP to be extremely hardcore though. I feel bad for people with lag or connection issues because it's probably a computer problem or internet connection problem as none of the gamers I know here in Vegas have had even the slightest technical issues with the game so far.

Back to PvP though, it seems that until you hit 50 at least, going pure dps is worthless. I think that extends to PvE in this game as well. Thankfully, this game makes playing a healer or tank spec very easy. As someone who usually plays a glass cannon build in PvP in most games, I'm loving how powertech tank BHs play once you 30. In huttball I feel like I'm Ray Lewis on defense lol.

The best part about Huttball is that the best players aren't good because of the spec, its because of their creative ways to score or defend. I'm very interested if they can create more battlegrounds like huttball that add creative mechanics to traditional mmo battlegrounds.

Ancen
12.25.2011 , 06:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by enslavr View Post
This game has awesome PvP. Don't throw it away by what you read on forums or by abandoning the competitive aspects.
I concur, good sir. I think once Ilum starts filling up we're gonna have a ball between that for open-world RVR, and some extra warfronts.