Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFA Trailer 3 - TOR Becoming cannon leak??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
TFA Trailer 3 - TOR Becoming cannon leak??

cs_zoltan
10.20.2015 , 09:58 AM | #2
*canon
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

Adrianillom
10.22.2015 , 08:23 PM | #3
It will never be 100% canon. Too many gameplay elements that contradict lore and player actions that contradict each other

SWTOR is the perfect example of why non-canon material is labeled as "legends", they are stories that may be similar to the truth but the details are non canon because they may contain some inaccuracies

For example Revan "exists" in canon, he's mentioned in the clone wars. But the details of his life are legends (because you play through them and create your own details in KOTOR)

Same with the events of SWTOR, the time period exists in star wars lore, but the details of what happened during that time are legends that are not canon so that anything you do that would contradict a movie event can be over looked as a storyteller getting the details wrong

Bomyne
10.22.2015 , 09:04 PM | #4
TOR is already canon. It is TFA that is non-canon.

MopSopS
10.22.2015 , 11:03 PM | #5
TOR is not canon... deal with it.

Kilikaa
10.23.2015 , 01:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrianillom View Post
For example Revan "exists" in canon, he's mentioned in the clone wars. But the details of his life are legends (because you play through them and create your own details in KOTOR)
Where was Revan ever mentioned in TCW? BANE was, but I never heard the name Revan muttered in any episode. Show me where this happened.

Kaisernick
10.23.2015 , 04:47 AM | #7
parts of story from kotor and tor have been made cannon but on the whole most isnt. Selkath are cannon for example but that doesnt mean kotor is cannon.
http://www.swtor.com/r/XRHgLz Referral Link
Quote:
ok ok i get it i made a typo, can we let it go.
Quote:
Nope, this is the Internet, outside of worshiping cats, making fun of grammatical mistakes is our most beloved pastime

Dasaed
10.23.2015 , 05:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Where was Revan ever mentioned in TCW? BANE was, but I never heard the name Revan muttered in any episode. Show me where this happened.
They might have been referring to the fact that Darth Bane studied from Revan's holocron. But, since it wasn't mention specifically outside of Darth Bane's books, it could very easily be seen as non-canon.

Rhyltran
10.23.2015 , 05:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasaed View Post
They might have been referring to the fact that Darth Bane studied from Revan's holocron. But, since it wasn't mention specifically outside of Darth Bane's books, it could very easily be seen as non-canon.
I think he got confused with this. DARTH Revan was supposed to show up alongside Bane in the clone wars t.v. series but they decided against it. One could actually make the argument that's a good sign Revan isn't canon in the cinema universe as they decided against it.