Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ep7 official Trailer in time for KOTFE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ep7 official Trailer in time for KOTFE

psikofunkster's Avatar


psikofunkster
10.19.2015 , 09:15 PM | #11
If Luke is not the bad guy he pretty much dies....RIP Luke.

Nothing_Shines's Avatar


Nothing_Shines
10.19.2015 , 09:17 PM | #12
Haven't read anything about the plans for the new movies so I don't spoil myself. This trailer is perfect for amping up people with out spoiling everything like most trailers do now. Based solely on this trailer and the teaser that introduced Han, Chewie and the Falcon, my guesses are:

The girl is Han and Leia's daughter and she's Force sensitive.

The TIE pilot is also Force sensitive and defects from the Empire.

Leia is a Rebel general.

Han and Chewie have to recover the Falcon on the same world the lead girl is on.

The villain in the mask is a secret apprentice of Darth Vader cast adrift after ROTJ.

Luke is the Obi-wan figure that has been in seclusion for decades with R2 and has to be sought out by the heroes. He won't die in this first movie like Obi-wan though.

The movie will climax with the assault on the Rebel stronghold with the snowy mountains and lakes, leading to a massive starfighter battle and a light saber duel in the forest.

The TIE pilot and girl will work together to escape the Sith, but the Imperials will win the space battle by driving the Rebels out of their base.

It will still be upbeat because the heroes old and new will all be gathered together to face the resurgent Empire.
NEW & RETURNING PLAYERS CLICK THE REFERAL LINK FOR ONE FREE SERVER TRANSFER, A FREE 7 DAY SUB & USEFUL UNLOCK BUNDLES FOR ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS! http://www.swtor.com/r/JbcDx4
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
10.19.2015 , 09:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothing_Shines View Post
The movie will climax with the assault on the Rebel stronghold with the snowy mountains and lakes, leading to a massive starfighter battle and a light saber duel in the forest. ...
I agree with most of what you're saying, but it sounds like you haven't seen the movie poster yet which came out yesterday. There's a thing on it that looks suspiciously like a Death Star. I wonder if the trailer only takes us to the midway point in the movie and then this Death Star type station arrives.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

mastersdr's Avatar


mastersdr
10.19.2015 , 09:21 PM | #14
Trailer looks great...

As a side note, are there actual spoilers floating around or are people just trolling?

Endriss's Avatar


Endriss
10.19.2015 , 09:22 PM | #15
I am less interested in seeing this now then before I had seen this. Oh well at least nobody could possibly take this franchise any lower than Lucas already has.

RaiderMid's Avatar


RaiderMid
10.19.2015 , 09:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I agree with most of what you're saying, but it sounds like you haven't seen the movie poster yet which came out yesterday. There's a thing on it that looks suspiciously like a Death Star. I wonder if the trailer only takes us to the midway point in the movie and then this Death Star type station arrives.
You know sooner or later they will perfect it. lol

Anaesha's Avatar


Anaesha
10.19.2015 , 09:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Endriss View Post
I am less interested in seeing this now then before I had seen this. Oh well at least nobody could possibly take this franchise any lower than Lucas already has.
You realize George Lucas has nothing to do with this movie right?

psikofunkster's Avatar


psikofunkster
10.19.2015 , 09:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothing_Shines View Post
Haven't read anything about the plans for the new movies so I don't spoil myself. This trailer is perfect for amping up people with out spoiling everything like most trailers do now. Based solely on this trailer and the teaser that introduced Han, Chewie and the Falcon, my guesses are:

The girl is Han and Leia's daughter and she's Force sensitive.

The TIE pilot is also Force sensitive and defects from the Empire.

Leia is a Rebel general.

Han and Chewie have to recover the Falcon on the same world the lead girl is on.

The villain in the mask is a secret apprentice of Darth Vader cast adrift after ROTJ.

Luke is the Obi-wan figure that has been in seclusion for decades with R2 and has to be sought out by the heroes. He won't die in this first movie like Obi-wan though.

The movie will climax with the assault on the Rebel stronghold with the snowy mountains and lakes, leading to a massive starfighter battle and a light saber duel in the forest.

The TIE pilot and girl will work together to escape the Sith, but the Imperials will win the space battle by driving the Rebels out of their base.

It will still be upbeat because the heroes old and new will all be gathered together to face the resurgent Empire.
Well so far i have a completely different impression...

The girl is not related with han and Leia, perhaps luke.

and aparently luke dies, that's why Leia is crying and he doens't appear on the new poster, he becomes the new obi wan. check luke at 1.40 and then his execution 1.44.

I'm not that eager to see this new movie, i don't want to spoil my childhood memories, yes im being touchy here.

Anaesha's Avatar


Anaesha
10.19.2015 , 09:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
Well so far i have a completely different impression...

The girl is not related with han and Leia, perhaps luke.

and aparently luke dies, that's why Leia is crying and he doens't appear on the new poster, he becomes the new obi wan. check luke at 1.40 and then his execution 1.44.
I hope you didn't get that Luke Dies idea from that post of mine in the off topic section. That video is from a GAME and has nothing to do with the new movie what so ever.

Stevenmagnet's Avatar


Stevenmagnet
10.19.2015 , 09:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothing_Shines View Post
Haven't read anything about the plans for the new movies so I don't spoil myself. This trailer is perfect for amping up people with out spoiling everything like most trailers do now. Based solely on this trailer and the teaser that introduced Han, Chewie and the Falcon, my guesses are:

The girl is Han and Leia's daughter and she's Force sensitive.
She is Unrelated to them, but she could be force sensitive, we have had no confirmation either way.

The TIE pilot is also Force sensitive and defects from the Empire.
That's actually true given that he uses a Lightsaber and used to be a stormtrooper.

Leia is a Rebel general.
Has been confirmed in the books.

Han and Chewie have to recover the Falcon on the same world the lead girl is on.
Speculation

The villain in the mask is a secret apprentice of Darth Vader cast adrift after ROTJ.
Kylo Ren was born after Vader's death, so he cannot be his apprentice.
I have omitted the rest of the quote due to having no comments on the rest of the points.
http://www.swtor.com/r/WM222Q Meh, might as well.