Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Zannah runs a power-duellist gauntlet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Zannah runs a power-duellist gauntlet

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 02:23 PM | #1
Darth Zannah faces off against some of the greatest power duelists in mythos, how far does she get?

Darth Zannah vs.

1. Emperorĺs Wrath II
2. Deceived Malgus
3. Ulic Qel-Droma
4. ROTJ Luke Skywalker
5. Anakin Skywalker

Boss: Darth Vader

Battleground: Ambria, Lake Natth

Lightsabers only, other than that all characters have full use of their abilities and are prepared to kill.

Bonus Round: All Force powers are allowed.

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

Selenial
10.19.2015 , 02:27 PM | #2
Dies to 3 in round 1, then to Vader in round 2.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 02:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Dies to 3 in round 1, then to Vader in round 2.
Forgot to add:

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

Selenial
10.19.2015 , 02:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Forgot to add:

Not sure what school you're at but that seemed like more than one word to me

Well, in terms of round 1, Zannah's an underrated duelist. She's skilled, not anywhere near as skilled as many attempt to argue her to be, but she's strong and resilient. The Wrath simply isn't skilled enough to break through her barriers before slipping up, neither is Malgus (a drastically overrated duelist, for the record). Qel Droma however is a formidable and phenomenal blademaster, I don't see Zannah stacking up.

However setting this on Ambria and allowing her sorcery really tips the balance in her favour, hugely. All she has to do is hold off her enemies with her defensive style long enough to eviscerate their minds or attack them with Dark Side Tendrils. It'll carry her inferior bladework through to even killing Anakin, but it won't save her against Vader in my opinion, he's too durable and a far superior duelist.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 02:38 PM | #5

Well, in terms of round 1, Zannah's an underrated duelist. She's skilled, not anywhere near as skilled as many attempt to argue her to be, but she's strong and resilient. The Wrath simply isn't skilled enough to break through her barriers before slipping up, neither is Malgus (a drastically overrated duelist, for the record). Qel Droma however is a formidable and phenomenal blademaster, I don't see Zannah stacking up.

However setting this on Ambria and allowing her sorcery really tips the balance in her favour, hugely. All she has to do is hold off her enemies with her defensive style long enough to eviscerate their minds or attack them with Dark Side Tendrils. It'll carry her inferior bladework through to even killing Anakin, but it won't save her against Vader in my opinion, he's too durable and a far superior duelist.
You know what I mean.

Pretty much agree with you're reasoning there however, might edit Round 2 to make it more fair.

EDIT: Bonus Round: All Force powers are allowed.

cs_zoltan
10.19.2015 , 02:38 PM | #6
Wasn't Zannah's style to use lightsaber for defense and sorcery to attack? Afaik she only mastered Soresu (correct me if I'm wrong). In that case a lightsaber only duel will only delay the inevitable.

Wrath should have enough stamina to wear Zannah down.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

Beniboybling
10.19.2015 , 02:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Wasn't Zannah's style to use lightsaber for defense and sorcery to attack? Afaik she only mastered Soresu (correct me if I'm wrong). In that case a lightsaber only duel will only delay the inevitable.

Wrath should have enough stamina to wear Zannah down.
She had pretty decent offensive capabilities as I recall, if she was able to find a weakness.

Rhyltran
10.19.2015 , 03:41 PM | #8

I do also want to point out that the wrath is very underrated. A lot of people like to gush about Nox but people very quickly discount Drahg. Despite Drahg's personality he's one of the few people in SWTOR who has one shotted a dark council member. Vowrawn was rendered absolutely helpless to his superior force abilities. The wrath had no problem crushing Drahg like a bug either. No, I'm not using this as evidence that Wrath is more powerful than Zannah but as a form of question. Is Zannah even capable of one shotting dark council members like that?

I know with her mental manipulation she's taken people out with her force powers alone without there really being a fight. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking about someone on the level of the dark council.

Selenial
10.19.2015 , 03:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
I do also want to point out that the wrath is very underrated. A lot of people like to gush about Nox but people very quickly discount Drahg. Despite Drahg's personality he's one of the few people in SWTOR who has one shotted a dark council member. Vowrawn was rendered absolutely helpless to his superior force abilities. The wrath had no problem crushing Drahg like a bug either. No, I'm not using this as evidence that Wrath is more powerful than Zannah but as a form of question. Is Zannah even capable of one shotting dark council members like that?
I'd like to preface this by saying this Dark Council Member was about to be solo'd by a nameless Bounty Hunter, admitting he stood no chance.

But yes, yes she could. Not to mention it was Drahg's cybernetics that allowed him to do it, while Zannah could manage it with her own sorcery.

Rhyltran
10.19.2015 , 03:46 PM | #10
I'd like to preface this by saying this Dark Council Member was about to be solo'd by a nameless Bounty Hunter, admitting he stood no chance.

But yes, yes she could. Not to mention it was Drahg's cybernetics that allowed him to do it, while Zannah could manage it with her own sorcery.
Fair point. That's all I was looking for. Carry on.