Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Nihl vs Kit FIsto

PurpleDelirium
10.16.2015 , 02:33 PM | #1
Krayt's Hand vs the Grinnin' Nautolan

Takes place on Force Neutral Nexus
Takes place in a room similar to the Dark Council Chambers.
Start 5m away from one another.

Nihl appears as he were at the end of the Legacy series: Vong arm and lightsaber pike with red synthetic crystal
Kit Fisto appears as he were before his death: Single lightsaber, green crystal.

raandomname
10.16.2015 , 03:12 PM | #2
Now thats an interesting matchup.

Of the top of my head Id say that both should be comparable in lightsaber skill, but Nihl should be a significantly stronger force user. Fisto may hold a stylistic advantage; I cant think of any significant Form I users during the Legacy era, but on the other hand Nihl's force pike may also suprise Fisto, so there is that. Nihl's years of experience as a warlord may also have honed his tactical skill and taught him some unconventional fighting techniques. Not sure what the effect of his Vong arm will be. Ultimatelly Nihl has more advantages imho.

PurpleDelirium
10.16.2015 , 03:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by raandomname View Post
Now thats an interesting matchup.

Of the top of my head Id say that both should be comparable in lightsaber skill, but Nihl should be a significantly stronger force user. Fisto may hold a stylistic advantage; I cant think of any significant Form I users during the Legacy era, but on the other hand Nihl's force pike may also suprise Fisto, so there is that. Nihl's years of experience as a warlord may also have honed his tactical skill and taught him some unconventional fighting techniques. Not sure what the effect of his Vong arm will be. Ultimatelly Nihl has more advantages imho.
Working on a vs video for this now, so I'm glad someone finds it an interesting match up as well.

Right now I think Kit Fisto has this at about 6/10 but I can concede to Nihl with a convincing argument. Right now I feel that the biggest threat to Fisto is Nihl's force abilities; I think the force pike would be to unwieldy to combat Kit Fisto's speed.

I think the Vong arm was given to Nihl as a reminder for his failings and doesn't present any advantages or disadvantages, but I am hoping someone can clarify that for me

PadsterPwns
10.16.2015 , 03:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleDelirium View Post
Working on a vs video for this now, so I'm glad someone finds it an interesting match up as well.

Right now I think Kit Fisto has this at about 6/10 but I can concede to Nihl with a convincing argument. Right now I feel that the biggest threat to Fisto is Nihl's force abilities; I think the force pike would be to unwieldy to combat Kit Fisto's speed.

I think the Vong arm was given to Nihl as a reminder for his failings and doesn't present any advantages or disadvantages, but I am hoping someone can clarify that for me
I'm thinking the same as you, though I honestly don't know much about Legacy characters. My main reasoning would be, like you said, Fisto's speed likely being hard to counter with a force pike. I would argue for Fisto if I could but I couldn't do it objectively due to my lack of knowledge on Legacy characters and events in general. A bit off-topic, but is the Legacy era worth checking out?

PurpleDelirium
10.16.2015 , 03:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PadsterPwns View Post
I'm thinking the same as you, though I honestly don't know much about Legacy characters. My main reasoning would be, like you said, Fisto's speed likely being hard to counter with a force pike. I would argue for Fisto if I could but I couldn't do it objectively due to my lack of knowledge on Legacy characters and events in general. A bit off-topic, but is the Legacy era worth checking out?
I personally loved Legacy, I would check it out. Some really cool characters didn't get the attention they deserve, but from a story telling perspective I think it is very well worth reading. A lot of new cool ideas were explored in that series

PadsterPwns
10.16.2015 , 03:55 PM | #6
I personally loved Legacy, I would check it out. Some really cool characters didn't get the attention they deserve, but from a story telling perspective I think it is very well worth reading. A lot of new cool ideas were explored in that series
Could you give me some advice about where to start? Sorry for derailing this a bit.

PurpleDelirium
10.16.2015 , 04:00 PM | #7
Could you give me some advice about where to start? Sorry for derailing this a bit.
No no it is fine

The Legacy Era actually hasn't been expanded on all the highly, it comprises of the dark horse comic series Star Wars: Legacy and the Star Wars Legacy - War. Legacy has 51 issues and War has 5. Then the Legacy era RP game guide book has some extra fluff to pick through. There is a relatively large disparity of time between the Second Galactic Civil war and the Legacy Era with no stories to speak of, so there isn't really any preliminary reading needed to understand what is going on. There is some Clone Wars characters still alive during Legacy so you will see some familiar faces

PadsterPwns
10.16.2015 , 04:12 PM | #8
No no it is fine

The Legacy Era actually hasn't been expanded on all the highly, it comprises of the dark horse comic series Star Wars: Legacy and the Star Wars Legacy - War. Legacy has 51 issues and War has 5. Then the Legacy era RP game guide book has some extra fluff to pick through. There is a relatively large disparity of time between the Second Galactic Civil war and the Legacy Era with no stories to speak of, so there isn't really any preliminary reading needed to understand what is going on. There is some Clone Wars characters still alive during Legacy so you will see some familiar faces
Thanks Tbh I feel a bit ignorant sometimes, when it comes to knowing characters I'm a bit of a Dooku, I know a lot about PT characters, but only the very significant characters of any other era (e.g the SWTOR PC's, Vitiate).

Just one more question, are all the Legacy related material comics? I don't have anything against them but they might just be hard to get.

PurpleDelirium
10.16.2015 , 08:17 PM | #9
Thanks Tbh I feel a bit ignorant sometimes, when it comes to knowing characters I'm a bit of a Dooku, I know a lot about PT characters, but only the very significant characters of any other era (e.g the SWTOR PC's, Vitiate).

Just one more question, are all the Legacy related material comics? I don't have anything against them but they might just be hard to get.
Yeah, other than the RP book sadly. If you find getting a hold of them too difficult, I would just go about getting a torrent for them. As long as you are grabbing them every once in a while as you see them or buying some other comics from your local store, it isn't doing any harm imo. Especially considering they are years old, and Dark Horse doesn't have rights to SW anymore

raandomname
10.17.2015 , 07:46 AM | #10
Yeah, other than the RP book sadly. If you find getting a hold of them too difficult, I would just go about getting a torrent for them. As long as you are grabbing them every once in a while as you see them or buying some other comics from your local store, it isn't doing any harm imo. Especially considering they are years old, and Dark Horse doesn't have rights to SW anymore
I got them over the iBooks app for Apple. And yeah I highly recommend Legacy, its one of my favorite series in the entire EU.