Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

brandonspikes
12.25.2011 , 03:53 PM | #1
edited

Ghmou
12.25.2011 , 04:07 PM | #2
I'm only 31 but I feel a little weak. By weak I mean squishy, even in Soresu stance. I've tanked every instance up to this level and have done alright but I just feel squishy.

I've done my best have the very best gear I can get. Most of it is fully moddable and I do the spheroids necessary to get the appropriate level upgrades.

I'm having fun but am concerned about endgame tanking. Sorry to hear it's like this at 50.

brandonspikes
12.25.2011 , 04:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghmou View Post
I'm only 31 but I feel a little weak. By weak I mean squishy, even in Soresu stance. I've tanked every instance up to this level and have done alright but I just feel squishy.

I've done my best have the very best gear I can get. Most of it is fully moddable and I do the spheroids necessary to get the appropriate level upgrades.

I'm having fun but am concerned about endgame tanking. Sorry to hear it's like this at 50.
The game gets worst at post 40, you are forced to use a healing companion.

Sonhoo
12.25.2011 , 04:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by brandonspikes View Post
Now first off, I would like to say that I've been playing MMO's since I was 12, I'm now 20, and I've been raiding in top tier guilds over different Mmo's, I've always been considered, and consider myself a "Skilled" gamer. I currently am a GM of a soon to be, top raiding guild.

wow.. haha

Azure_Prower
12.25.2011 , 04:51 PM | #5
My Trooper Commando breezed through every thing bar heroics. Still ploughing through Tatooine with him.

My Jedi Gauardian is struggling through Taris... Some thing not right here.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

Jandersen
12.25.2011 , 05:23 PM | #6
what worries me the most about the warrior class is our complete lack of cc on players/non-weak mobs and our very low damaged compared to say sith sorc or BH merc/PT.

i can do stuff just fine, but it annoys the hell out of me seeing a BH wipe out 4 groups of mobs in the time it takes me to clean 1 group and this is at lvl 43, i am well geared for my level so that is not the problem at all, since i get outdpsed by BH with green gear all over.

something has to change for sith warrior to be viable tbh, up our dmg, lower the amount of skills we need to use(during a simple fight i use over 10 abilities just to do decent, more if i want to really do good) whereas a BH/sith sorc uses 1 aoe ability and win, maybe finish off the strong mobs with a lightning or rocket.

Deathmark
12.25.2011 , 05:24 PM | #7
I'm seeing the same massive disparity - playing a jugg and feeling extremely underpowered vs. competing classes.

Nague
12.25.2011 , 05:40 PM | #8
then play something else, there are too many lightsaber people anyways.

Jandersen
12.25.2011 , 05:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nague View Post
that is not really a valid solution if, like me, you prefer to play a melee class.

brandonspikes
12.25.2011 , 06:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nague View Post
I'm level 50, why should I have to reroll since every class does about 4-5 times my damage?