Stuff confirmed from livestream 9/30

SaerethDL

this thread will be updated, anyone can help.

#1 SWTOR: Thexan armor will hit the CM before Fallen Empire launch.

#2 Full set of 188 rating gear for new 60's

#3 Crit and Surge same stat, all main stats now Mastery, can roll on any gear.

#4 if you want to complete class stories, hutt cartel, and shadow of revan, you must do it BEFORE you start KOTFE.

#5 New chapters will be coming after the holidays. 40 character limit

#6 Start at 60 characters get crew skills all 500/500

#7 some characters like Darth Marr not customizable, but most of your companions are, just for looks though. The 192 yavin companion gear will now transform to legacy gear, and your character can wear it.

#8 Level Syncing confirmed (will update) - 60 goes down to 18 (highest level possible to do content) on DK, still have all disciplines, passives, abilities, utilities. Still VERY strong, no problem killing stuff. Not optional to not scale! only stats change, getting experience for any level. You can still get experience and gear. Level sync is everywhere not just heroics.

#9 LEGEND status for those who have completed all 8 class stories.

#10 Akk Dog Companions, get in packs or gtn, combat pets! No storylines, cant sell trash.

#11 Bad Arsh new armor! (sith recluse armor)

#12 Snap to grid UI features.

#13 no prerequisite to access fallen empire, main storylines gone when u start, no class stories, no ziost, no makeb, no yavin, but side content and dailies

#14 blog next week for crafting, cap is 500, no tiers,start a blue quality(more useable), also adaptive, materials relevant to crafting the items, cut down on bloat, removing some stuff,. NEW patterns, OLD items archive section. No w you can gather no matter your skill level. The skill level will dictate how much you get. More missions, all per grade are available at any time. Old materials will change into new useable materials

#15 Group finder - (looks amazing)

#16 no longer a weekly commendation limit!

#17 Can now whisper people from guild window,

#18 LEGACY - legacy datacrons! (TAB) , speeder piloting can be obtained at lvl 1, Summon random mount, summon random pet. (retroactive, dont have to get them again)

#19 No cape clip on mounts, mount flourish that will change mount animation,

#20 Collections - searchable , filter options, dont have to switch chars to unlock things.

#21 Events - New vendor that requires loot from all events.

#22 1-50 changes - Play through class stories, and primary planetary missions only needed to level. All missions still there will be flagged as exploration missions.

#23 heroic weeklies will give armor your level and commendations, scale to level and have automatic transport there.

#24 companion and contacts ties into alliance, a lot more details before early access starts.

#25 more pvp content in future not in fallen empire, no more 12 x xp boost. Old planets will work before and after kotfe.

#26 your friend can be with you for your personal story missions in kotfe.

Edited by SaerethDL

40 character limit per server confirmed

Muscos main confirmed as Arsenal Merc

Starting at 60 gives you levl 500 crew skills that are "appropriate to the class" (Mercs get armormech, underworld training and scavenging)

Yavin companion legacy gear is no longer bound to companions (except for the weapon)

Musco clicks electro net

Ultimate and Elite comms(renamed) have a 500 cap and no longer have a weekly limit

Edited by theSCARAYone

It's a free to play game, when has it not been pay to win all things considered any game that lets you pay for experiences bonuses is pay to win

Can you gain experience and reach level max without paying for (or using) experience boosts?

Yes?

Then the game's not P2W. Learn what the phrase, "Pay to win," actually means before throwing it around. If, for example, the Cartel Market was selling raid-tiered gear that you could just buy instead of loot in a raid, THAT would be P2W.

To me the max skills for bought 60, is unfair and falls into pay to win. The new system would have easily account for them having no skill and they could have level the normal way. The Akk dog being in a pack seem like a cheap move on there part.

On the other hand I do like the new herico/pvp hot bar, as well as the resource mode changes, and the new quest tab looks nice. It a mixed bag for me, I'm not a hug fan of the down scaling. either but I suppose it will be nice to be able to do old content and then be reward for it at my level. Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

If i remember correctly, he said they will just be archived and you can still use them if u want.

Yup. But because of the stats rework, are old gear schematics even going to be relevant? They will turn into cosmetic items I believe.

What about all your companion gear? I'd imagine we all spent a lot of time and comms to gear up at least one companion in gear our class can't use (heavy/med/light restrictions, and some cases gender), or is it all adaptive now?

IIRC, Yavin companion gear, with the exception of weapons, will convert to Bind to Legacy items.

IIRC, Yavin companion gear, with the exception of weapons, will convert to Bind to Legacy items.

What so we wear it now? is it any better than Ziost gear since I never run it enough to get the ziost disks needed to buy the rest of the 190 gear?

Thanks for the summary, I did not feel like staying up to watch the "second" half of the stream.

Overall I feel happy with the changes, I see that I can still overlevel DK slightly (level 18 before it cuts off) which should help me slightly.

I think I may indeed wait to level my characters for a few week and level everything (well almost everything I started the starter worlds on most I created) in 4.0.

At least this will give me time to go and replay KOTOR again.

Edited by Jedi_riches