Stock Night on The Harbinger, October 10th

Drakkolich

I know it says October 10th in the title but we've pushed this event back 1 week to the 17th. This Event is on October 17th NOT the 10th.

On October 17th from 9pm to Midnight Eastern I'm inviting everyone to play in Stock Night. We haven't had one in awhile and I thought it might be good to try it again. We'll see what participation for this one looks like. :)

Time of event: October 17th 9pm-Midnight Eastern Time (EDT) / 6pm-9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) / 1am-4am Cordinated Universal Time (UTC)

Rules for Stock Night are pretty easy, you can play any ship as long as you use the default components with no upgrades. You use the default crew as well, however you may change the copilot to alter your active ability.

If you're making a new character for Stock night try to -Stock at the end of your name just so everyone knows your participating. Last time we filled almost an entire game with characters with -Stock at the end it was pretty awesome.

Example Stock name: Drakolich-Stock , Verain-Stock , Nemarus-Stock

Example Stock ship

Rycer/Starguard

Heavy Laser Cannon

Rapid-fire Laser Cannon

Concussion Missiles

Quick-Charge Shield

Koiogran Turn

Turbo Reactor

Power Thrusters

Range Capacitor

Regeneration Extender

All with no upgrades of course

Your crew would be

Imperial

Offensive: MZ-12

Defensive: Writch Hurley

Tactical: Salana Rok

Engineering: Aven Geth

Copilot: Any of the above

Republic

Offensive: B-3G9

Defensive: Oro Wogawa

Tactical: Kendra Novar

Engineering: Ashy

Copilot: Any of the above

If you have any questions please let me know. When you join the server to come play please join /cjoin GSF so that we can all chat. ^^

IMPORTANT!!: To anyone attending the Event please remember there will be plenty of other people still playing that night that won't be Stock. That is absolutely part of the Event and in no way should you guys shame or berate these players. This is an opt in Event so not playing Stock that night is absolutely fine. Thanks!

Throwing up a list of those attending just to see the interest.

List:

Drakolich-Stock

Rohan-Stock

Derrad-stock

Etrii-Stock / Etri-Stock

Siraka-Stock

Chicken-stock/Laughing-stock

Zyrieas-stock

Trivers-stock/Riste-stock

Xcal-stock

Sithace-stock

Stocknyght

Pyrochenko-stoc / Andrachenkostoc

Skye-Charrin/Skye'Charrin/ImpStocksBack/LockStockAndBR

Yallia-stock

Ashara-zavrus

Enurrsha-stock / Beekay-stock

Edited by Drakkolich

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never participated in a stock night before, but it's always sounded like a lot of fun and I may actually be able to make this one, depending on what other guild activities get scheduled.

I just want to confirm, though, when you say this...

Rules for Stock Night are pretty easy, you can play any ship as long as you use the default components with no upgrades.

... does that indicate that you could actually fly ships other than the three starter ships, as long as they are at their default settings? You'd obviously have to fly at least one match in order to unlock anything else, so I'm assuming it's just scout's honor that you haven't upgraded anything with that req.

Edited by JediBoadicea

I've never participated in a stock night before, but it's always sounded like a lot of fun and I may actually be able to make this one, depending on what other guild activities get scheduled.

I just want to confirm, though, when you say this...

... does that indicate that you could actually fly ships other than the three starter ships, as long as they are at their default settings? You'd obviously have to fly at least one match in order to unlock anything else, so I'm assuming it's just scout's honor that you haven't upgraded anything with that req.

Yes you can fly any ship with the default setup!

As far as it being scout's honor that you haven't upgraded anything that is the whole point of the event. There will still be plenty of people flying around that still have upgrades.

No charged plating, no beacons, no railgun drones, no ion aoe, no regen snares, no massive scout crits, no endless missile breaks!

But there's still seismic and conc mines, repair drones, accurate railguns, and evasion scouts.

I think the most OP thing in these games are the turrets :p

Count me in. Siraka-stock on pubside. I'm going to try to unlock a few ships.

I think I've only ever done one of these in the past, but iirc it was a hoot. I should be able to make it.

MaximilianPower-stock/SylvesterMcbean-stock (pub/imp)

I am, apparently, an idiot. Character names can't be as long as either of those above.

So, instead:

Chicken-stock/Laughing-stock (pub/imp)

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the last 2 stock nights on Pot5 I participated in so I will do my best to attend this one on the 17th at least for an hour or so (hopefully longer).

I've actually been meaning to start a GSF alt on Harb for a while now so I may kill 2 birds with one stone and fly with Skye-Charrin or Skye'Charrin since they will still be stock anyway and it will give me a head start on earning fleet req on them.

I've also created 2 stock-night only toons for future events (and if I get enough games in to clear Skye's bonus req for the day I'll probably switch to one of those for this event as well). The Stock-night toons I'll have sitting on Harb will be ImpStocksBack (imp) and LockStockAndBR (Pub).

Apologies if my planning to use non-stock names for at least some for the event will be confusing (no matter which of those tags I'm flying under, I'll be flying stock).

I look forward to seeing you all there!