Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding the "SWTOR Answers HQ Page"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Regarding the "SWTOR Answers HQ Page"

ZeroPlus
09.28.2015 , 05:20 PM | #1
Hello Tait,

Could you just answer one question:
Will the current answers that are posted here (by OwenBrooks and others) be ported over to the Answers HQ Page? Or will they be lost forever when the forum is deactivated?

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

VIncentBlaze
09.28.2015 , 05:35 PM | #2
Also wondering about this as well. I refer to this thread a lot for tank stats http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=804989 read only ok as long as KeyboardNinja can make edits for 4.0

Edit: maybe i read the OP wrong

Quote:

I wanted to let you all know of an upcoming to change to the Customer Support forum – namely, that they won’t be around anymore.
So does this only affect the Customer service forum or all of them. Server forum guild recruit posts might be a little odd on EA help site
The Bloodseeker Legacy
11 Imperial 60s 8 Republic 60s.

Legacy of Darkness

Angror
09.28.2015 , 07:06 PM | #3
So Bioware hows that letting EA buy you guys out going? Your customer support was already terrible at best and now your cutting what little of it there was. Maybe if you guys stop letting EA control the game you can still turn it around before Disney pulls your licence and sells it to someone who wont screw it up!
Im part of Generation X the generation that was supose to wreck it all. Sure glad thats where i am instead of Generation Y - as in Why cant i just have that without doing anything for it.

Rankyn
09.28.2015 , 08:08 PM | #4
I suspect that they'll put up info about the most common problems referenced here, but specific posts will be gone forever.

If there is info you want to keep for future reference, you should probably print it out (or save it as a PDF) now.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

OwenBrooks
09.29.2015 , 12:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VIncentBlaze View Post

So does this only affect the Customer service forum or all of them. Server forum guild recruit posts might be a little odd on EA help site
From what I have read this will only affect the customer service forum.

Rankyn
09.29.2015 , 01:44 AM | #6
I'm still holding out hopes for answers.ea.com/OwenBrooks
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

OwenBrooks
09.29.2015 , 02:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
I'm still holding out hopes for answers.ea.com/OwenBrooks
I will be proxos666 over there , shame your suggested url wont work

Falensawino
09.29.2015 , 06:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
As part of this, non-subscribers will also be eligible to receive web-based support by utilizing the Answers HQ page! We are currently planning for this transition to occur on October 5th. As of this date, these forums will be in read-only mode and the link to the CS forum will redirect to the new AHQ page. At a later date, the forum will be removed completely.
That's really harsh. It should be permanently read-only. Otherwise, many bothan spies/google search results will be lost

I google search for Customer Service favorites whenever I reinstall or need to refresh my memory on a tweak I found in the past.

The BitRaider removal is the most useful feature I've found. I'd have to quit this game if BitRaider becomes permanent.
How to remove bitraider streaming client! swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333
Is the non-streaming client still available? (OwenBrooks' reply)swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

Should we start using archiving services to permanently preserve some helpful posts?
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link
if you continue to fight, what will you become?

Nmyownworld
09.29.2015 , 08:05 AM | #9
I'd like for the current Customer Service forum to be read-only and kept, rather than deleted. There's a lot of (still) useful information in that forum.

Perhaps rename the read-only forum from "Customer Service" to "Archived Technical Information." Switch the location of the Archived Technical Information forum with the Galactic Strongholds forum on the main forum page.

Owen Brooks and others have shouldered responding to players questions in this forum for quite some time. My thanks to those players who take time to help others.